Last Christmas

1/1

"You have to come Em, or I'll get really mad at you." Caro threatened as she passed some multi-colored lights to Zack, his fiancé. They were decorating his house because of the Christmas party they decided to throw. "I don't have anyone to come with." I said and look their big Christmas tree. "Just come Em." Zack said and hang around the hand railing those lights. "Yes! Em please! Who knows what will happen, you’ll get to know the whole band!" she stated referring to the guys Zack worked, played, with. "What could ever happen? Ugh... But I'm coming, though nothing will happen." I assured and she smirked. "Yay!" she exclaimed happily as always.

I kept helping them decorating the house with all the Christmas stuff and then went to my house to get ready for the party they were planning. I wasn't too excited about it; I never really liked much going to parties, but it was Caro's party...so it was a bit different.
I decided to take a nap till seven, because the whole thing would start at 8 or 9. I felt tired. Helping them get everything in their place was kind of a hard work to do. Caro wasn't the most organized person. I lied on my bed and pulled the white light cover over my body. Slowly I closed my eyes and then I was taken away to my dream land.
The buzzing of the phone below my head was starting to annoy me already. At first I thought it was just a dream, then the buzzing felt real. I groaned and took out the phone and tried to shut it off. “Fuck!” I growled and covered my head with the big pillow. Then the alarm began ringing. It was like someone decided to turn on every loudly thing that was in my house. I rubbed my eyes harshly and picked up the phone to see what time it was. Eight minus ten, I still had time. I hated being bothered during my sleep. I stood up and threw away the cover. I headed to the closet to choose something fancy, according to the occasion. That was kind of something troublesome, but I found a blue nice dress, not so short or long. It was elegant and I liked it, so yeah that was what I was going to be using that night, along with a pair of black stilettos and a black coat for the cold season. I took out my silver necklace with a big flower that was the charm of it. I fixed my hair combing it a little and then looked at the mirror. I sighed and picked my keys as I walked out the house to get a cab.

For my good luck a lot of them were passing by. I took the first one that stopped and get in the car. I gave him the direction of the house of the Bakers and he took me there quickly to Zacky’s house.

When we arrived to the shiny house, and take that literally. It was colorful and shiny from the outside with those lights flickering now and then. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. “It’s five bucks, lady.” The driver said and I took out of my purse the bill and gave it to him. “Thanks,” I said and I walked out the car. “Welcome lady.” He said and I shut the door, the car departed. I walked to the porch of the house and looked up seeing the mistletoe hanging there. I chuckled and step aside as I opened the door.
“You’re here! I thought you decided not to come!” said Caro as she wrapped her arms around me into a hug. “I told you I was, so here I am.” I said and as she handed me a glass of wine, the same she seemed to be drinking too. “Mmhm, now come. You have to meet the rest of the guys.” She said and we walked to the living room where all of them were standing there. All tall, except from one… but certainly all of them were really handsome. “Guys!” She called and all turned to see me, but I only stared at one of them, the taller who seemed the crazier out of them. “Oh Em!” Zack exclaimed and raised his little glass with the yellowish liquor. “Hey Zacky,” I said and smiled looking fastly to him. “Guys, she’s Emily, Caro’s best friend.” He said and the four guys approached to me.
“Hey, I’m Matt.” He said and smiled showing the dimples he had. “Hey,” I said kindly. “Em, he’s Johnny, Brian and Jimmy.” He said pointing the guy with a dark brown spiky hair and to the smaller one. The taller one who I already stared at smiled widely. "Nice to meet you girl!" Brian said and we shook hands. "Nice to meet you too." I said letting his hand go. "Hi Em, I can call you Em right?" Johnny said and I giggled nodding. “Hi, what’s up?” Jimmy said friendly and showed a wide smile to me. “Hey, not much, you?” I said as the other guys walked to different parts of the place leaving both of us there next to the table where some liquor was served. “Hmm, nothing the usual… writing some lyrics for the new album and stuff like that.” He explained and drank from the beer in his hand. “That sounds better than what I do.” I chuckled. “What do you do?” he asked and messed his fringe. “Work at a CD’s store, and well spend time with Caro.” I explained and he smiled. “Wanna go chat outside?” He asked as he seemed to be bothered by the loud music playing at the place. Some boom-boom and other loudly sounds were diminishing as we walked out to the porch and sat on the little wooden bench that was there. “It seems funny and nice working at a CD’s store…” he said. “Meh, I can’t really complain.” I said and he nodded. “Are there some good Avenged CD’s?” He poked trying to talk a little more. I laughed and rose to look into his blue eyes. “Yeah, we have some.” I said and smiled to him. He smiled back and then we stayed in silence looking to each other for a while. He was cute… and had those bluest eyes and a cute yet mischievous smile and look. Maybe I felt something in my heart as we talked and when we looked at each other.

“Here you are.” Cee said as she opened slowly the front door. We looked surprised at her. “Here we are, Caro!” Jimmy corrected and she glared at him. “Just kidding,” Jimmy grinned. “Yeah, but I think it’s too late… and I better go back home I’m a bit tired.” I excused while yawning. “Aw, really?” She said a bit dizzy. I sighed and nodded. “Yeah, it’s like 1 AM?” I said and look at my phone. “Okay, do you want me to take you home?” She asked. “NO.” Jimmy said serious. “You’re…not in the conditions of driving, so I can take her home, if that’s alright with you.” He explained. “Fine, Jimbo.” She said. “Sure,” I said. “Let’s go. Bye Cee, take care and say bye to the guys for me.” He said and took out the keys from his jacket’s pocket. “Bye Caro and stop drinking.” I warned. “Yeah… I will Emily.” She said and rolled her eyes. “Bye,” I said and followed Jimmy to his black Bentley. That was a nice car actually. “Get in Em.” He said as he opened the door for me. I said thanks and he started the car. I told him where my house was and he drove there.

“I hope you had a nice night.” He said as he slowly stopped the car in front of my little home. “Indeed, thank you.” I yawned again. “Hmm, would you give me your number?” he asked as he scratched his back-head. I grinned and blushed a bit. “Yeah, why not.” I said and gave him my phone number. “Thank you Em.” He said and moved to kiss my cheek. I almost choked and widely smiled. I felt my whole body shivering and something inside of me exploding. “Uhm…bye….” I said awkwardly and tried to open the door quickly, but it was the perfect time for my hands to act all clumsy. He giggled and unlocked the car. “Shit… bye.” I said embarrassed. “Bye Em.” He said and grinned cutely.

***

The next days, Jimmy and I spent all the time texting and probably flirting, and that made me smile. I was new in this city, well kind of new, and knowing a guy who was single also and apparently liked me was really exciting.

Caro decided to do a smaller reunion just with the guys and some close friends, who weren’t so much. Again it was for Christmas, the other one was something a week away from Christmas and this one was the 23rd. Again I decided to help her organized it and I was going. This time she didn’t have to beg again, Jimmy asked me to go.

“You know, you look like a really cute couple… if you only dated.” She said as she ate a tomato from the salad bowl. “Hey! Don’t eat the tomatoes; you’re almost done with all of them.” I said and avoided her comment. “I like tomatoes, don’t blame me.” She smirked and took another one. “And what time is he comin’?” She asked emphasizing the he. “I don’t know!” I said and folded some napkins. She shook her head and placed the forks and knives.

I went up the guest room of the house where I had some clothes there well a dress, a pair of jeans and some shirts. Again I had to decide what I was going to wear, but this time I refused to wear a dress, so I picked the skinny black jean and a purple long shirt and the heels. I put on some mascara and eyeliner and then straightened my hair a little. When I finished I stepped out the room and directed to the kitchen, where Caro was still dealing with the turkey.

“I hate cooking.” She said annoyed and tried to take out the turkey out of the oven. “And I like that shirt…” She said smiling. “Thank you, I would help you but I might get dirty.” I chuckled and approached to the counter. “I hate birds…” She pouted. “ZAACKY!” She asked for help and I tried to hold back my laughter. He came and shook his head. “Give that to me.” He said and took out the turkey placing the bird on the big dish. Then she kissed his cheek and finished decorating the table.

“I’m gonna go outside and see if anyone comes…” I said and took out my phone noticing it was soon eight and no one arrived yet. I walked around the porch and looked to the dark sky.
“You waiting for someone?” said him with that nice voice he had. I turned to see him standing besides his car. “What are you doing here, it’s cold!” He exclaimed as he walked to where I stand. “I don’t know…” I mumbled. “Let’s go in then, or you’ll get sick.” He said and I sighed. We opened the door and then his head hit the mistletoe that was still hanging there. “Oh…” he hissed and I tried to walk away but something stopped me. “Mr. Mistletoe here… hmm…” He said and bit his lip as his eyes fixated on mine. Possibly he didn’t even over-think it, because a second after he spoke, his lips pressed mine and his arms snuck around my waist embracing me tightly. It was such a magic kiss, like the best one I had received. Then he let me go and grinned.

“Sorry, I had to… maybe take that as a Christmas gift?” He winked and grinned. That night we began sort of dating and I found the love of my life… on a Christmas night….
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if the end sucks...

but I hope you liked it ! (Em, Merry Christmas!) sort of late but ANYWAYS!