Ignorance Is Bliss

Chapter Four.

Gerard's POV.

"Bob! Wait up!" I called. He was walking fast, I couldn't keep up with him so I started to jog.

"Bob!" I called out again and he just carried on walking.

"For God's sake! What's wrong? Just tell me!" I said as I finally caught up to him. He stopped suddenly and I stopped too.

"Gerard, don't judge me, or hate me, or throw me out of the band once I tell you this," he said.

"I swear I would never do that," I said sincerely, looking straight into his dazzling blue eyes.

He sighed and looked away.

"I think I'm gay," he said quietly.

"And what's the problem with that?" I asked.

"I just... I didn't think you guys would be comfortable with it is all."

Now is a good time to tell him you don't like him like that. Look at the way he's looking at you Gerard, he likes you.

"I'm fine with it, I mean, I'm bisexual myself so, it won't bother me in the slightest."

"Really?"

"Yeah, seriously, I'm not bothered, I'm not judging you, or throwing you out of the band, just find yourself a nice guy Bob."

"Thanks Gee," he said with a weak smile.

"No worries, what are friends for?"

"I guess."

"Now lets go back to the others, you need to tell them too."

"But- I- but-" he stammered.

"If you don't tell the now, I will."

"Fine," he said, giving in.

"Alright," I said, walking back to the house with him, talking occasionally.

I really don't feel comfortable now, knowing my suspicions have been confirmed. If Bob really does like me, I'm gonna feel so terrible if he ever tries to make a move, because I'm just not interested in him that way. Maybe if I just ignore any hints he throws out there, it may just all work itself out...

"Gee? You find him?" called Mikey as we let ourselves in.

"Yeah I got him, we all need to talk," I said as Bob and I kicked off our shoes and walked back into the lounge. Bob's body language said immediately that he didn't want to be there.

He slouched moodily against the wall, his hands in his pockets and looking anywhere but at any of us.

"Bob, for fucks sake, get a grip. You aren't the only person in the world to struggle with their sexuality."

"What?" said Mikey, a look of shock on his face.

"I- uh-" said Bob, blushing slightly.

"He thinks he might be gay," I said for him.

"Oh, OK, if that's all there is then, I might aswell go back to sleep," said Ray, rolling over where he was laying on the couch and putting his hands up near his head.

"You guys don't care?" asked Bob incredulously.

"Uh... no... I'm not bothered."

"Me neither," said Frank with a smile.

"Than it's settled, we don't care if you're gay, straight or whatever, just Bob is good," said Mikey.

"Really? I thought you'd all hate me or something..."

"Are you crazy? Of course we don't hate you!"

"Oh. Right. Well, thanks guys, I can stop being so moody now," said Bob with a grin. He does have quite a cute smile.

No. Gerard. Ignore your feelings, then you can be happy. Just keep acting like you don't like him. Just keep telling yourself you don't like him.

"Um.. Gee?" came Bob's voice, he sounded shy, nervous. Oh god no. Please don't let him ask me out, I can't say yes.

"Yeah?"

"Could I.. talk to you for a second?"

"Um.. you know what, I'm gonna head home, I don't feel so great," I said, quickly concocting a suitable lie in my mind.

"OK that's cool. Feel better!" he called as I walked away to let myself out.

"Yeah, I will do," I called back.

Damn it. What can I do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please =]