End to Promises

chapter eleven.

"I'm hungry," Jack randomly blurted out as we walked around downtown. In one hand, I held a plastic bag full of newly purchased All Time Low shirts that I wanted, but didn't have enough money. Being the idiot he is, Zack paid for them, ignoring my complaints. My other hand was being kept warm between Zack's fingers.

"You know, I am too. Let's go eat." Everyone else agreed and I smiled. I knew the perfect place.

"Who has a car? I know this really awesome place but it's not in walking distance," I looked around at everyone. They all looked at each other and shrugged. "Okay, really? You come all the way to California and you don't even have a car? What did you do, walk?"

"It's called a tour bus."

I rolled my eyes, "Still! Know anyone that has a car?" They looked at each other, like it was the most confusing question in the world.

"Oh!" Alex called out, "Mickey!" Everyone's faces lit up, and I was the confused one now.

"What the fuck is Mickey Mouse going to do to help us? Disneyland is farther than the restaurant." Everyone laughed at my expression. Okay, really? Are they fucking serious?

"Mickey's our friend, Matt's nickname. He has the strangest obsession with Mickey Mouse so we call him that."

"Well, that's great. But does he have a car?"

"Not exactly. But he can send one." I stood there, staring at all of them. This was totally normal for them. I was about to say something then I realized something. I'm hanging out with All Time Low. This Matt person is probably their manager. They can get cars sent to them because it'd be pretty fucking impossible to miss them. A ton of screaming girls already came up to us and asked for autographs and pictures today. I was still getting used to it.

After about ten minutes of waiting on the curb, a black SUV pulled up and rolled down the window. "Somebody ordered a lift."

"Colussy!" The door swung open and everyone piled in. I got stuck in the back, squished between Zack and Jack. Oh, this'll be fun.

"Alright, where to?"

"Get on the freeway going south. I'll tell you when to get off."

Jack giggled beside me, "That's what she said." The car erupted into laughter as we boarded the highway.

"Turn left here then into the parking lot." I unbuckled and sat up. The car pulled to a stop outside the doors and we all clambered out.

"Thanks, Colussy!" We all waved as he drove out of sight.

"Eve's Bistro. Sounds fancy," I laughed as we walked inside.

"It is. And it's kind of, okay, really fucking expensive. But I know the owner, and he's really awesome. So you'll deal." I smiled innocently and walked up to the counter, smiling widely. "Oh, Cassie!"

I smiled when the short, bleach blonde came bobbing through the kitchen door. "Jordan! What are you doing here?" She smiled widely and came over to give me a hug.

"My friends are in town and I figured I'd take them to the best restaurant in town." She laughed and grabbed a pen and notepad from the desk.

"Well, I'm glad. I'll tell my dad you're here and have him make your special. There's eight of you, right? Yeah, okay. Come on, right over here." We followed her to a booth and we all squeezed in. "Drinks for any of you?"

I looked at everyone. They all seemed really confused. I rolled my eyes. "Beers around the table, please." Cassie smiled and nodded, scribbling it down.

"I'll be right out with them." She walked away, back into the kitchen.

Alex leaned over the table, "You can order beers in a bistro?" I rolled my eyes and laughed softly.

I leaned in and whispered, "They have Dr. Pepper too." He smiled widely and sat up straight.

Our drinks came, and Eve sent out our meal which consisted of Fettuccine Alfredo and Gnocchi with cream sauce.

"So, Jordan, what's been going on with you? How've you been all these years?" I stopped eating and set down my fork. Not this question again.

"Um, fine," out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kayleigh, Bria and Steph look at each other, then back to me. Kayleigh shot me a kick under the table and I looked up to glare at her. She mouthed 'tell them' and I sighed. It would have to come out eventually. "Okay, well, actually. Not so great."

That's when it went dead silent. Of course. That would happen to me. Everyone put down their silver ware and stared at me.

I sighed, now or never, "When I moved, I kind of... lost it. My dad left. My mom started working more than ever. I never really made any friends, so I had no where to go." I paused, looking each one in the eye, "You guys were my world. And being taken away from that, just ripped out my heart. I left it with you guys. The most productive thing I've done over these years is write. Music, poems, short stories. They're all about you guys. Our memories, our house parties, our road trips. It's all there. It was the only thing keeping me sane, focusing on you guys. So yeah. The last, what, 5 years? Yeah, they sucked balls." I smiled sadly, looking at all of them again.

Jack held out his arms, "Group hug." I smiled and wrapped my arms around everyone that I could reach.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, I remembered something. "Oh, guys! You remember those bracelets I gave you?" Everyone nodded. "Do you still have them?" They all held out their wrists, the shiny charm of each catching the light. "Did you ever figure out what they meant?"

"No. You told me to ask Jack. But every time I brought it up, he'd burst into tears." I laughed and looked at Jack. He smiled innocently and shrugged.

"All right. Jack, let's hope you don't burst into tears. But could you give them the exact quote, please?"

He sat up straight in his seat, smiling proudly, "Turtle Doves are a symbol of friendship and love. And as long as each of you has your Turtle Dove, you'll be friends forever."

I smiled, looking at everyone. A chorus of 'aww's followed me and Jack's high five. "And what does mine mean?" Zack nudged my side, grinning.

"You know what yours means. You're the one that came up with it!"

He shrugged, still grinning, "I forgot. Tell everyone."

I rolled my eyes, "You did not forget. Plus, it's your cheesiness that they'll hear." He shrugged. I laughed and pulled out my wrist that held the charm bracelet I was given. I found the key and held it up. "This key charm thing, Zack has one too," I pulled his wrist out from under the table and showed it to everyone, "was to remind us that we'd wait until we met again to make looove." I smiled and looked at Zack, who leaned over and kissed me. I laughed and sat up, leaning on him.

"That is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard," I looked at Jack as he bit his thumb, holding in tears. We all laughed at him as he buried his face in Steph's shoulder. "Why can't you come up with romantic shit like that?" he yelled at Steph. We all laughed as she rolled her eyes at him, shoving him off her shoulder.

For the rest of the night, we laughed about old times, new times, and about Jack sticking straws up his nose. We headed back to my house where a giant ass bus sat in my drive way. "What the fuck.."

"Lil' Bessie's here!" I stepped out of the car, completely confused. I should probably be used to that by now. Jack ran up to the bus and hugged it, "Aww, baby, I missed you."

"Jack, stop fucking the bus and get on. We gotta go." My eyes went up to Zack.

"You what? Now?" I looked around, something would stop this. They can't just leave. Not again.

"Flyzik, I gotta ask you something," Zack slid out of my grip and jogged over to a guy with spiked black hair. I stood there, watching as my entire world came crashing down again. They were leaving. I was going to be alone again. This couldn't be happening. I couldn't lose them again. I looked around, seeing everyone pile onto the huge bus. Not even a goodbye.

"Jordan!" I turned my attention to Zack running towards me, smiling. I looked at him with worry in my eyes. He was coming to say goodbye. This was it. "Come on tour with us."

"W-what?" I stared at him, eyes wide. Tour? Me?

"Come on tour with us. Forget about school. Come with us. Please."

"Zack, I- I don't know."

"Please, Jordan. I can't. I can't lose you again." I looked at him. His eyes were so full of hope. The exact look he gave me before he kissed me for the first time.

I smiled, "Okay. I'll go." His face broke into the biggest smile I'd ever seen. He picked me up, spinning me around.

"Thank god." He set me down and put a hand on my cheek, brushing the hair out of my eyes. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss, savoring it.

"Merrick!" He broke the kiss and picked me up bridal style.

I laughed loudly, "Coming!" He ran onto the bus and tossed me on top of Bria and Steph.

"I'm coming on tour! Let's party!" And so began the best dance party anyone had ever seen. I was happy. I was with my friends. Nothing mattered. Everything that seemed wrong with my life was out the window. I had my friends again. Life was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
and that's the end of that. it's super cheesy. but i like cheese. so yeah. this is the first story i've ever finished. i'm really proud of myself. so yeah.