End to Promises

chapter seven

Random lights came at me from all directions. I kept on a big smile and posed for a couple. Bria, Steph, and Kayleigh dragged me away just before someone came up to interview me. I waved and smiled for more cameras before I was practically thrown into the night club. I giggled, "That was fun." They all sighed and glared at me.

"Not cool."

I looked at them funny, "What did I do wrong this time?"

"You're hanging out with one of the most popular band of the year's best friends. They want to know who you are, how you know us. We don't think it wise that you get discovered just yet."

"Why? You don't want them spreading rumors about me? Guys, I've been dealing with rumors about me getting pregnant, me getting raped, me being expelled, and so much other shit for years. I think I can handle a couple razzi."

They sighed and rolled their eyes, "We know you can. We just need to know what happens with Za- I mean, a certain person, before we decide whether or not to let you out in the open."

"Whatever, brosef. Where's the bar?" I started walking through the place, looking around for the booze. They quickly caught up with me.

"Not yet, we have to go meet up with the guys." I sighed and followed them, not fully aware of who they meant by 'the guys.'

They made their way over to the sitting area and took up an entire couch, leaving no room for me. "Gee, thanks." I sat on the arm rest and looked around. The place was packed. I saw so many people. Jake Gyllenhaal walked past and my eyes followed him, staring like crazy. So many people I knew of were here. I couldn't believe it.

"GUYS!" I heard an oddly familiar voice and turned my head in the direction. I met the gaze of one Alex Gaskarth. I saw him smile and couldn't help but smile myself. He pushed through the crowd over to us and stood right in front of me, "Fancy meeting you here."

I nodded, not letting the screaming and crying from happiness escape me, "Been a while."

He held out his arms, "No hug?" I laughed and jumped up, crashing into his arms. He held me tight and warm. I smiled and pulled back.

"I see you're doing well." He nodded, grinning.

"Not bad." Someone cleared their throat and I turned my head towards Kayleigh. I grinned, knowing exactly why she did so.

"Sorry, bruh. Alex, go sit on your girlfriend's lap." Alex grinned and did as told.

I laughed loudly as Kayleigh screamed, "OW! UGH, YOU'RE SO MORBIDLY OBESE! GO ON A DIET! GET RID OF YOUR FATTINESS!"

I shook my head as they both stood up and switched positions. "None of you have changed, I swear."

"Oh, and you have?" Alex scoffed.

"Yes, act-"

"OH MY GOD, IT'S MY HOE!" My stomach was just about squeezed up my esophagus and out of my mouth as Jack hugged me around the waist.

I tried to laugh but he was hugging me so tight I couldn't even breathe. "Jack. Too. Tight." I could feel my face turning red.

He loosened his grip on me and stepped back, smiling. "I missed you." I nodded and laughed, patting his head.

"I can tell." Rian came over and gave me a normal hug, which I was thankful for. "I see the band blew up." They all laughed and nodded.

"So where's Za- the bassist?" Steph corrected herself after being elbowed by Bria.

"Who the fuck do you keep talking about that you can't say his name around me?" They all stared behind me.

"Who's name?" That voice. That one voice. My eyes widened and I was scared to turn around. He walked up to the group and looked at me.

Before we made eye contact, I fled. Away from the couch, away from the crowd, away from everything. I made it to the bar and sat down, quickly, brushing the blonde hair away from my face. I couldn't face him. I couldn't do it. I had broken too many of the promises. I couldn't face him. Tears started streaming down my face as I laid my head in my hands, wanting to just go back home.