Status: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Updates...but they're coming!

The Playmate vs. The Lead Singer

Capter 10

Jack had been gone for two days when he finally got into contact with Alex. The older boy woke up to his phone beeping obnoxiously signaling a new text message. He groggily reached around his bedside table until he found his phone and blinked at the bright screen as he read the text message.

’I miss you, baby.’

Alex re-read the text message several times before deciding that yeah, he was angry. Jack is on vacation with his girlfriend and he tells Alex he misses him?

If Alex was being honest he was surprised he got anything from Jack seeing as he figured they’d be busy, but now he wished Jack had never even texted him. It was also way too early for Jack to even be up, as the time was approaching 7:30 in the morning.

Alex didn’t want to start a fight, but he was so mad. It seemed to hit him just then that what Jack and he were doing was very unfair to Holly. She was smitten with Jack and he hadn’t even been faithful for the majority of there relationship. Alex felt the guilt swim threw him as he stared down at the text.

’Shouldn’t you be more concerned about your girlfriend?’

Was the reply Alex sent him and not even a minute later Jack was texting him back.

‘She’s still asleep; I couldn’t so I texted you. Is there a problem with that?’

Alex rolled his eyes; of course it’s a problem. He’s a vacation with his girlfriend, what part of that didn’t Jack get.

’If you miss me so much you wouldn’t have left me.’

Alex knew it was immature. But it was how he really felt and he didn’t feel the need to sugar coat it to Jack. Alex knew what he was doing was wrong, but Jack seemed to be fine with the going back and forth between him and Holly.

Minutes later Alex’s phone started ringing and he knew who it was going to be before he even looked at his screen. He didn’t want to answer, but he was curious as to what Jack had to say.

“What?” Alex answered the phone.

“Lex, what is wrong with you?” Jack whispered into the phone.

Jack whispering caused Alex to roll his eyes once again.

“You’re whispering because?” Alex asked rudely.

“I’m out on the balcony and don’t want Holly to wake up and hear me.” Jack whispered back in a hurry.

“And this is the exact problem Jack,” Alex almost shouted. “Why the hell would you tell me you missed me if you’re with your girlfriend?”

“Maybe because I do?” Jack shot back. “Sorry I didn’t know I wasn’t aloud to miss you.”

“Jack,” Alex sighed in defeat. “I miss you to and want nothing more then for you to be here with me right now, but you are with your girlfriend. Don’t think about me.”

Jack knew what Alex meant, but he woke up this morning because a dream he had that Alex was in. It wasn’t anything sexual it was more of a memory then a dream though. It was back when they were still in high school, when things were easier. It was like a montage of all the things the boys use to do.

“I had a dream about you.” Jack whispered, but this time he wasn’t trying to be quite. “And when I woke up you weren’t there and it just…didn’t feel right.”

“Jack,” Alex breathed. “What were doing is wrong, but I…”

Alex trailed off not really sure what he was trying to say. He knew what he was doing was wrong but he loved Jack and wanted to be with him, but wanted to be the only one with him.

“Who are you talking to, baby?” Alex heard Holly ask threw the phone and his heart stopped.

“It’s only Alex,” Was Jack’s nonchalant answer and Alex’s heart broke. “Listen Alex, I’ll talk to you when I get home, peace.”

Jack turned to face Holly with a fake smile on his face after he shut the phone, but on the inside he was trying to hold it together. As he was speaking to Alex and saying goodbye, rather rudely, he heard Alex trying to choke back sobs.

”It’s only Alex.” kept replaying in Alex’s head as he shook from his sobbing. It shouldn't hurt this much to be in love with someone, but Jack was making it extremely difficult.

Alex wasn’t sure if he could take much more of this, but deep down he knew that Jack would always win and would always have Alex wrapped around his finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOOO sorry for the wait! I'm only part time at my job but I've been clocking 45+ hours the last couple weeks so I've had no down time:-(
But, PLEASE comment :-) I didn't get many last time:-(

xTori