Status: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Updates...but they're coming!

The Playmate vs. The Lead Singer

Chapter 3

Jack’s cell phone beeped for the thousandth time that day and Alex was ready to loose it. This is how the last three weeks had gone and Alex was completely sick of it. They had been recording for two of those and having to constantly watch and listen to Jack on his phone was pissing him off.

Just as there producer started to play back a track that was almost finalized Jack’s phone beeped again and Alex snapped.

“Turn your fucking phone on silent!” He shouted at his best friend. “Some of us are trying to work!”

Jack stopped mid reach for his cell phone and stared at Alex with a shocked expression. He contemplated making a joking comment back, but the angry look on Alex’s face told him he meant business.

Instead he quietly reached for his phone and first put it on vibrate and then smiled down at the text from Holly. The two had gotten a lot closer over the past weeks and Jack had never texted someone more in his entire life.

Admittedly, at first he just wanted the bragging rights. Hello, she was a play boy model at one point and she was smoking hot, but now he was genuinely starting to like her. She had an amazing personality along with the ability to put up with his child like behaviors; he really couldn’t ask for more.

“Are you still texting Holly?” Rian asked as he entered the studio with a bag of food from the subway down the street.

“Yeah,” Jack answered casually, “How could you tell?”

“Because Alex looks like he’s ready to rip his head off.” Rian answered, as if the mentioned boy wasn’t just a mere several feet away and couldn’t hear him.

Jack slowly looked over towards Alex and took note of his creased brow and hands tightly gripping his hair as he leaned against the sound board and tried to listen to the music playing back to him.

“Alex can go fuck himself.” Jack finally shot back; completely joking.

Alex’s head whipped around and his dark eyes met Jack’s. The glare that set into Alex’s features was vicious and Jack regretted saying anything instantly.

“If you aren’t going to fucking help, then you can leave.” Alex shot out to the younger boy harshly before turning back to the sound board.

“I think its time we took lunch.” There producer said awkwardly before turning off the song and heading out the door.

Alex didn’t look up from the sound board and he missed Rian give Jack a nod towards the door. Jack rolled his eyes but complied and left the room silently.

“Alex,” Rian said softly and the lead singer slowly looked over at his friend. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” Alex answered back quickly as he picked up his Mac book and started reading through the lyrics for the next song they were going to record.

“Lex,” Rian started as he pulled up a chair next to Alex. “What’s wrong? I’m not stupid, there is definitely something wrong.”

“I don’t know Rian!” Alex suddenly shouted. “I don’t fucking know.”

Rian was startled by Alex’s outburst, but it only added on to his growing concern. He had his suspicions on what was going on, but he was not sure if he wanted to go there quite yet.

“Is this about Jack and Holly?” He asked cautiously, testing the waters and seeing if Alex would talk to him about it willingly or not.

Alex’s eyes flicked to his quickly before darting back down to his lap top. “No.” was his simple reply.

Rian raised his eyebrows at this, expecting Alex to immediately deny his accusations. He knew Alex didn’t want to talk about it, so he accepted defeat for now and silently handed Alex his sub and began eating his own.

Shortly after Jack came back in the room followed by Zack. The two grabbed there subs and soon chatter filled the room from the three band mates. Alex on the other hand hadn’t touched his sub and was intently staring at his computer screen, trying his hardest to ignore the other boys in the room.

“Are we in the studio tomorrow?” Jack asked suddenly and Alex started listening to the conversation then but didn’t take his eyes off his computer screen.

“No,” Rian stated. “Were off for the next three days, so until Monday.”

Jack picked up his phone and quickly texted something before looking up to his two band mates who were listening to him. “Holly asked me to visit.”

Alex’s jaw clenched involuntary as he slowly turned his head to look at his other band mates, waiting to see there reaction.

“Wait,” Zack interrupted. “You really are serious about this girl?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Jack shrugged as he looked over at Alex and their eyes locked.

“Cool,” Zack replied. “You should definitely go for it.”

Rian didn’t voice his opinion; instead he was more focused on reading the look that Jack and Alex were passing between themselves. Alex’s jaw loosened and it looked as if he wanted to say something, but instead turned his head back to his computer screen.

“Yeah,” Jack started with a small shake of his head. “I’m definitely going to go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The drama will ensue shortly;-)
I am going to try and update as much as possible while I'm home!!!
Comments?

xTori