Status: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Updates...but they're coming!

The Playmate vs. The Lead Singer

Chapter 5

Jack didn’t come back Sunday morning, nor did he come back Sunday night. Alex had to be informed by Matt that Jack had called him and let him know he would be in Vegas a couple of extra days. Jack had called Matt and not Alex. He hadn’t even heard a word from him since he woke him up Friday morning.

Now it was Tuesday afternoon and Alex had been fumbling in the vocal booth for the better part of the day. His mind wasn’t there and he couldn’t seem to get his voice to do what he wanted it to. He pulled the headphones off of his ears and let them hang around his neck after another mess up. He sighed loudly and rubbed his palms over his eyes in frustration.

He took a second to compose himself and to not have a break down before looking back up to signal their producer he was ready, but everyone on the other side of the sound proof room was completely focused on Jack who had finally decided to show his face.

Alex could feel his ears heating up due to his anger rising as he tried not to completely flip out. He didn’t understand why his emotions were all over the place and he was definitely not okay with it. He felt like a hormonal teenager who couldn’t decide if they were going to throw a temper tantrum over something stupid.

Alex watched as everyone greeted Jack as if he wasn’t actually needed the last two days. He heard his producer call for a break over his headphones, but he didn’t step out of the booth.

It was that moment that Jack locked eyes with Alex and he knew he messed up. He wasn’t sure why, or how, but he knew he did.

Jack stopped his conversation with Rian and Zack and approached the door that led to the sound booth. Opening the door slowly he stepped into the room and offered Alex a kind smile.

“Want to come get food with us, bud?” He asked gently.

Alex stared at him silently for a couple of seconds before slowly nodding his head ‘no’. “I have to work on this song.” He mumbled, before brushing past Jack and stepping out of the sound booth.

The others didn’t say anything as Alex grabbed his laptop and sat down in one of the chairs. Jack stepped out right behind him with a dejected look on his face that guys didn’t question as they all left the room to go get some food.

Alex tried to calm himself down because he knew that he needed to finish this song by today and his head needed to be in the right place.

He had just managed to calm down when his other band mates came bursting back into the once quiet room. It wasn’t the fact that they were back; it was more the first words that Alex heard Zack say.

“I can’t believe you’ve already scored with her!” Zack had hollered.

Jack and Rian laughed as they both high-fived Jack. Alex could feel the bile rise in his throat and his calm had been completely ruined. He was not happy with these feelings surging threw his veins and he wished them away with all his might, but nothing seemed to work.

“I brought you some food, Lex.” Jack offered him a subway plastic bag.

Alex stared at the bag swinging from Jack’s hand; the same hand that had previously been touching Holly. Quickly shaking his head he stood up and mumbled a quick, “need some air” before dashing from the tiny studio.

Jack watched Alex quickly leave the room and he could feel something break in side of him. He squeezed his eyes shut and willed the feeling away before looking to both Rian and Zack.

“What’s wrong with him?” He questioned, his voice cracking in the middle of the sentence.

Rian noticed the strain in Jack’s voice and frowned at his friend before shrugging his shoulders. “I’m not sure.”

“He was fine all weekend, until we got back in the studio.” Zack added.

“I’m going to go talk to him.” Jack finally decided as he went in search of his best friend.

Jack found Alex quickly. He was crouched up against the outside wall with his knees pulled up to his chest. Jack stared at the boy for a moment before walking over to him and sitting down next to him.

“Are you alright?” Jack asked quietly; not wanting to startle to boy.

“I’m fine.” Was Alex’s quick reply.

Jack knew better. Alex was far from fine and Jack didn’t understand why.

“You having trouble with the song?” Jack questioned again, trying to get Alex to open up to him.

Alex nodded his head slightly and looked over to Jack. Jack didn’t like what he saw in the elder’s eyes. There was pain, sadness, confusion, and hurt. He wasn’t sure how all those feeling had gotten there but he wanted nothing more then to take them away.

“I didn’t hear from you all weekend.” Alex mumbled. “You weren’t back Sunday like you said you would be.”

And right then, something inside Jack should have clicked. It should have made complete sense as to why Alex was acting this way and why he was almost sure his heart was breaking at the sight of his upset best friend.

But Jack just looked at Alex, even more confused then before.
♠ ♠ ♠
School's over so I'mmmmmmm bacccckkkkkkkkk:-)

So I went to the Dirty Work tour on the fifth and it was amazing!!! I got one of Jack's guitar picks and touched Alex when he walked by to go back to the sound booth to get Evan:-P All in all...it was a great show:-)

Comments pretty please:-) Even though it's been forever since I updated, I'd still like some love:-)

xTori