Status: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Updates...but they're coming!

The Playmate vs. The Lead Singer

Chapter 7

It had been four days since Jack got back from Vegas and Alex hasn’t said a word to him. Jack knows it is his fault and it breaks his heart even more when he sees the broken look that seems to be permanently etched into Alex’s features.

Jack wasn’t sure why Alex had been acting the way he had for the last month and a half, but he figured it had to do with Holly and the fact that she had been taking up all his free time. This being the case, Jack didn’t think Alex deserved to be acting this way. Holly was his girlfriend, or at least almost, and Alex needed to understand that.

The strange thing is that Rian and Zack seemed to be unaware that there was a problem. Jack figured it was because everyone was stressed and spending long days in the studios tended to take a lot out of them.

Today was no different, except Jack was heading to Vegas tonight after their studio session.

Rian had been recording drums for the better part of the morning and Jack was trying to master a cord progression that seemed impossible. Every time he’d hit a wrong note and his guitar would let out an obnoxious shriek Alex would flinch.

Alex wanted nothing more then to go back to their rented apartment and hide away in his bedroom. He had figured out that night when Jack hadn’t responded to him why he was feeling the way he was and he didn’t want to accept it.

With his new realization every time Jack said or did something he was hyper aware of it and he wanted nothing more then to be as far away from him as possible.

“Fuck!” Jack shouted and his loud out burst caused Alex to jump about a foot in the air.

He chanced a look at the younger boy and saw him fumbling with his finger placement on the chords with a frown on his face.

“Alex,” Zack called. “Help him with the chord progressions; he’s up next to record.”

That was the last thing he wanted to do so he shook his head ‘no’. Zack gave him a surprised, but questioning look.

“I mean,” Alex started. “He’s going to have learn it on his own eventually.”

It was the quickest, yet stupidest excuse he could come up with. Jack looked over at Alex was a crushed expression, but Alex wasn’t looking at him; Alex hadn’t looked at him in days.

~x0x~

With much difficulty Jack had managed to get the chord progression down; with no help from Alex. Rian and Zack had headed out around ten minutes ago and Alex was finishing up with their producer for the day.

Jack knew he need to head out if he wanted to make it to Vegas at a decent time, but he decided he needed to talk to Alex. He wasn’t even sure if Alex knew he was still there and he was proven right when their producer left for the day and he stepped up next to Alex, who was leaning against the sound board.

“Alex,” Jack stated and he visibly saw the elder’s body tense up.

“What?” Alex shot back harshly, a bite to his voice that almost made Jack back down.

“Are you okay?” Jack asked quietly.

“That’s a stupid question.” Alex grumbled and walked over to start packing up his stuff to head out.

“Alex,” Jack started. “Alex, Stop!” Jack grabbed his arm as Alex tried to leave the studio.

“What do you want Jack?” Alex shouted as he turned around and yanked his arm out of Jack’s grasp.

“I just want to talk to you Alex!” Jack shouted back.

“Oh!” Alex started. “Now you want to fucking talk! When I actually needed you, you didn’t want to talk, but now you do?”

“Lex—“ Jack started, but Alex cut him off.

“No, Jack.” Alex shouted. “You don’t get to talk because I don’t want to talk!”

“Please Alex.” Jack tried.

“Just leave,” Alex started. “You better leave so you don’t keep your precious girlfriend waiting.”

“Is this what this is all about?” Jack shouted, finally loosing his patients. “I’m sorry I have a girlfriend who takes my time away from you! The world doesn’t revolve around you!”

It was then that Jack saw the tears start to gather in Alex’s eyes and he knew he shouldn’t have said anything. He knew it wasn’t fair to be ignoring and not caring about what Alex thought. Alex was his best friend and he was more important to him then any girl would ever be.

“Alex, I’m sorry.” Jack said taking a step closer to the crumbling boy.

“Just go away.” Alex choked out as he backed himself against the wall trying to be as far away from Jack as possible.

“Lex, please—“ Jack started as he took a step closer to him. “I didn’t mean that.”

“Yes, you did.” Alex said.

Jack walked forward quickly and cupped Alex’s face in his hands. He went to speak, but suddenly Alex was fighting against his grip. Jack quickly grabbed his flailing arms and pinned his wrists to the wall behind them.

“Alex, calm down!” Jack tried as Alex continued to fight him.

“Let go of me!” Alex shouted in Jacks face, there noses almost touching.

Jack stared at the boy in front of him and the next thing he comprehended was their lips being pushed together.

Jack wasn’t sure who initiated the kiss, but he didn’t pull away. Instead, he let go of Alex’s wrists and cupped them around Alex’s neck and pressed himself closer to the shorter boy. Alex wrapped his arms across Jack’s back and held him closely as he let all the things he was feeling towards Jack pour out as their tongues tangled together.

Alex wasn’t sure how they ended up like this, but this is exactly what he wanted. He couldn’t deny it anymore.

They had to pull away for air, but didn’t move very far apart as Jack pressed his forehead to his best friends. Alex was taking deep breaths; breathing in Jack’s air.

“I have to go.” Jack breathed out.

Alex didn’t even get a chance to react before Jack was out the door; heading to go see his girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is actually where the real story begins :-)
Commentsplease? <3

xTori