Fighting Fate

You're my singer.

Hunter saw a flash of russet colored fur as she drove over the border, hiding in the trees. The wolf's ears perked up, toward the car, then flattened when he saw her.

Jacob hated her. Hated that he was forced to love her, like she actually mattered more than Bella. Stupid bitch.

Jacob, stop, Sam growled. You're being an idiot.

I can't love her, Sam, I won't! Jacob yelled, howling to accentuate his point. I love Bella!

No you don't, you stupid asshole! Seth was with them now. You're going to kill her, Jake. She's going to die because you're rejecting the imprint.

Let her! Jacob snarled. I don't give a flying rat's ass!

You'll go feral, Jake. You can't do that to Billy, the sandy wolf tried to reason. Jacob wouldn't listen.

No I won't, he said smugly. If I don't care about her, her death won't affect me.

It'll affect me! Seth howled, digging his paws into the ground so he wouldn't attack Jacob. She's my best friend, Jake, and if she dies, I might just kill you. And I don't think anyone in the pack would stop me. They all love her just as much as I do.

She will get sick and die, Jacob, Sam told the russet wolf. I cannot force you, but I will not sit back and watch you destroy your only chance at happiness. No matter what you believe, you will go feral the instant her soul leaves this earth, and you will never be able to phase back.

Think of what that will do to Billy, Seth said softly. And what about Emily? And Hunter's parents? Then he said the thing he knew would hurt Jacob the worst. What about Bella? With a howl of anguish, Jacob launched himself at the younger wolf.

Stop! Sam yelled, in the double timbre of the Alpha. Seth, that was out of line. Jake, you should not attack your brothers, no matter what they say or do to provoke you. Go back to Emily's, Jake, and apologize for the window. Seth, you'll stay out here and patrol with me. Jacob turned to leave. One more thing, Jake. He looked back at the large black wolf, glaring. At least try to talk to Hunter.

With a growl of irritation, Jacob ran off.

---

Hunter paced the living room, listening to Jared and Paul try to lift the new window into the hole in the wall correctly. After a while, she grew irritated, and stomped out the door, almost running into Jake.

"Go away," she spat, shoving past him. She coughed, a loud, wet cough that shook her entire body and sent flames through her side. "The harder you fight it, the faster I die." Jacob stopped in the doorway. It hit him harder, hearing her say it.

"Go to Carlisle, get cold medicine," he muttered, storming into the house. Scoffing, Hunter took off, into the woods. She could tell when she crossed the border; the trees thinned out a little, it was easier to breathe, and there was a hungry vampire staring her down.

"Son of a bitch," she muttered. "Can't escape the supernatural, no matter where I go." The vampire advanced slowly, cautiously. "One step back, and he can't follow, or step forward to meet my fate sooner rather than later... Come on then, I'll be dying eventually anyway. The guy who imprinted on me doesn't want me, and I'm going to die. Might as well shorten the process, Cullen." Another cough shook her body.

"I can save you," the Cullen offered.

"No thank you, just kill me, please," Hunter responded, and the vampire strode forward, pulling her to his large, muscular chest, arms locking around her. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her neck.

"I can't," he whispered. "You're my singer."
♠ ♠ ♠
uh huh, i went there.

let me know what you think of the newest twist! (:

comment/subscribe, you know the drill.