Desperate Measures

A new Day

Today is the 22nd of May, 2007. My names Colin Farobour. I’m 22 years of age, tall, with medium length dark brown hair, I have a large distinctive scar that runs down the right side of my face. But that’s enough about me.

I groaned and moaned about my home, just thinking about it makes me home sick. I leaned over the side of my bed and glimpsed at the clock. 7:12am it read. As I lazily sit up and peer out the fogged up window, the first thing I see is the sun just creeping over the snowy capped mountain tops, shining a bright orangey haze into the canyon. I decided to get up, I’ll never get used to this climate here in the Alps, it’s at least minus 15 degrees outside everyday or colder. But inside its nice and warm. Today is a day like every other inside the Alcon Air base.

Everyone is up and energized as soon as they see the sun – happily chatting, playing soccer, watching sport on TV, and doing other stuff. But not me. I get dressed in the usual fashion, heavy duty green and dark blue army track pants with a dark green casual t-shirt.

As I walk at a crawling pace to the lunch room, I feel a blast of hot air pulse its way throughout the corridor, nearly knocking me over. I grab the wall to balance myself, yeah... that smells good. I love the smell of jet fuel early in the morning. It brightens my day as I can’t wait to glide the open skies in my plane. Oh, speaking of my jet, I happen to have one of the finest aircraft here – the F-15 Eagle, also my favorite and most loved, we have been through many heated battles together, and she’s never let me down, poor girl has had a few problems with starting up lately, but she’s aged with wear and tear, I guess that’s normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
part 1