Like Two Perfect Circles Entwined

Unexpected Guest

“Hello?” He asked in a raspy voice. I could tell he wasn’t getting much sleep lately. Who could blame him?

“Hey little bro. How are you feeling today?” I asked him, trying to hide the concern in my voice because he didn’t want me to feel sorry for him.

“I’m doing fine, and how about you?” I sighed. I knew he was masking everything.

“That isn’t really why I called. I actually have some news. You may or may not like it.” I said preparing myself for the worst reaction.

“Actually, since I could begin to accurately calculate the probability of my moods before and after you called, you have made me considerably happier approximately 78% of the time. I merely giggled.

“Silly little Spence. Well, your boss, Agent Hotchner, has called me. He told me about Agent Prentiss’ job offer in Hawaii, it sounds very exciting. He offered me a job in her place. Would that be alright with you?” I asked, in very high hopes.

“I don’t need a babysitter, Mick. So if making sure that I can remain stable is in your intentions then forget about it.” He said abruptly.

“That was never part of the plan at all, babe. You know I’ve always loved your job, but if you don’t want me to join you then it’s perfectly understandable. I mean you were there first, so it’s basically your turf, and I would not want to invade.” I confessed. Maybe I should have never told Agent Hotchner I would think about it.

“Mickey, I want you to be happy. And since I never get to see you, it would be great for you to join. But I don’t want you to get hurt. Promise me you’ll stay safe.” He said, now being concerned for me. I rolled my eyes, happy he couldn’t see me.

“I promise! But remember, I am the older sibling here.” I said as I laughed.

“Oh come on, you were only born six minutes and thirty nine seconds earlier than me! That isn’t fair.” He pretended to get offended, but I could hear the smirk on his lips. I smiled.

“Well, I’ve got a car, but I’m going to need to find a place to live there.” I said, breathing heavily into the phone as I dodged a squirrel on the road.

“Don’t be ridiculous, sis, you’re going to stay with me as long as you need to. There is no question about it.” He said so sternly.

“Yes sir. Do you still live in those Sagewood Condos?” I asked as I parked my car in a basically empty parking lot.

“Fortunately, yes. It’s a great facility. I live on the fifth floor too, which gives me wonderful privacy and most unlikely to be robbed, considering criminals opt for a fast getaway, which isn’t quite possible while robbing a fifth floor apartment.” I looked around as I entered my destination. The woman at the desk looked up at me so I smiled at her kindly.

“Is that so? Which number do you live in?” I asked as I entered the stairs and began my climb.

“Well, I guess I should tell you since you will live here in a few weeks. I live in 512. It’s at the end of my hall, which is nice.” He said. I smiled as I opened a door to the right floor. I walked down the hall as I listened to Spencer tell me about his apartment.

“Hey Spence, could you open your front door and tell me how far it is from the elevator? That’s always been a problem for me.” I said, smiling.

“I don’t see how that would make a difference but I suppose I could.” I heard him shuffle as he moved to his front door. He opened it and I laughed as I looked at his shocked face. “I should have known you would do something like this!” He said as he pulled me into his arms.

“You’re so skinny, Spencer, are you eating?” I asked feeling his small torso.

“I could ask you the same question, Mickey!” He said as we looked each other over. I couldn’t help but hug him again because I missed him so much.

“Hey, so, when’s your first day?” He asked as he pulled away from the hug.

“Erm, tomorrow.” I said while avoiding his gaze.

“Oh, this should be interesting.” He said while grabbing his key and following me to my car to grab my things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, new story! I love Criminal Minds, so this is obviously centered around the show. I don't own any characters except Mickey so far. My chapters wont usually be this short either. This is strickly like an intro. Subscribe and tell me your thoughts if you want to! Thanks!

Story Title: Sometime Around Midnight - Airborne Toxic Event