Status: in the process of rewriting.

Life On the Edge

The First Step

I took a deep breath and looked out the window. We had just arrived after 11 gruesome hours of lame dramas and loud snoring. You could feel the breeze blowing across the slightly clouded blue skies, and I could sense that the woman made a good choice of sending me here. I wrapped my scarf tighter around my neck, and walked out of the plane. Friendly faces were painted on the faces of the employees, but underneath I knew they dreaded being there.

I walked to baggage claim, and grabbed my single bag. Mum never got me much, just a few clothes, bits and pieces of makeup, and well, honestly that was it. I had to take care of myself ever since Father left. Mum's been a different woman since then, treating me worse and worse everyday. I gave up on standing up for myself, I knew I'd never win anyways. But now, I could start a new life. I could be who I wanted to be, even if it meant depending on myself. Before Father left, he taught me quite a bit of foreign languages, Japanese included. I hailed a cab, and when I got in and told the driver I'd be heading to the Tokyo Westin Hotel, I realized that I couldn't stay in a hotel forever. But, I had a plan.

Once I checked in and settled into the apartment, I didn't unpack. What I did pull out was my laptop that I bought with my own money. I looked at apartments in Tokyo, and I found one that just called out my name. I knew I didn't want to stay in Tokyo for too long though, I never wanted to stay anywhere too long. But I knew I needed someplace to stay for the time being, and the apartment would be it. I checked the clock, and it said 11 PM. I trudged to the bed, tired from my research and long flight, and crashed onto the soft mattress, burrowing my head in the fluffy pillow. Tomorrow, I'd be checking in to the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's boring :\

AND I HATE THAT. >__________________<
But if you want interesting, I recommend Dylan's chapters(: