Status: in the process of rewriting.

Life On the Edge

We Met In Flat Number 13

I stirred in the bed and sat up as I heard the doorknob to flat number 13 open up. In walked a nervous looking girl with pale white skin, looking English to me. I pretended I didn’t notice her come in more out of my own shyness rather than rudeness. I wasn’t good around new people, but luckily for me she looked to be around my own age, and I was thanking my lucky stars that she spoke English instead of some other Goddamned language that I couldn’t understand.

“Hullo,” She spoke in a heavy British accent.

I looked up at her, not really surprised that I would be sharing my room with a Brit. It wasn’t the person of choice, that’s for sure, but not everyone in the world could be Irish, right?

“’Ello, love. Me name’s Dylan. Yer English, yeah?” I asked her, standing up from my bed in an awkward fashion, feeling rather weird just lounging on the bed during a conversation with someone I didn’t even know yet. I guess that’s just how I was: Strange and unusual.

“Uh, yeah, I’m Oliver,” She said, giving me an odd look, “I’m guessing you’re Irish?”

“Ah, how did you know?” I said sarcastically, giving her a smirk, “It’s not everyday people can guess what I am!” I gave her a wink and she looked a bit taken aback. “Sorry, mate,” I smiled, “Just having a bit of a laugh, eh? Can’t help meself, it’s been a long few days.”

“Yeah, I know how you feel.” She said, taking a seat on the bed and still looking rather rigid from nervousness.

The next few moments were filled with nothing but awkward silence. “Em…I took the liberty of shaking out the bedspread for you as well, it was a little…well…dusty?” I laughed a bit, “Nearly choked to death lying down on this little buggar!”

She gave a bit of a laugh and smiled. At this point, Oliver didn’t seem so bad!

“So, Ollie…you dun mind if I call you Ollie, right?” I asked, sitting down on the bed next to her. When she didn’t answer in the 5 seconds I allowed, I just nodded my head, “Good, so…well…em…I dunno.” I shrugged and laughed, lying back on her bed, forgetting everything I was about to say. It wasn’t really odd for that to happen to someone like me, my brains move to fast for the rest of my body to catch up sometimes!

I began to think, something I obviously did very often. I knew this wouldn’t be so bad…or maybe I didn’t, but oh well, at this point in time I’m beginning to think this won’t be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is rather...odd...xP Oh well, I sort of like it, it gets me character a little bit of jazz, yeah? Like I said before, it's bound to get better!

--Dylan