Status: in the process of rewriting.

Life On the Edge

It All Started With Hulloh

The girl stood up and took a good look at me. "'Ello, love. Me name's Dylan. You're English, yeah?" she asked. Well then, she sure cut to the chase. "Uh, yeah, I'm Oliver.." I gave her an odd look. "You're Irish..right?" I asked, suddenly getting nervous. "Ah, how did you know?" she said sarcastically with a smirk. Was I that bad or company? "It's not everyday people can guess what I am!" she exclaimed, winking at me. My eyes widened in shock, I was quite surprised at her boldness.

"Sorry mate," she said, as if she were reading my thoughts. "Just having a bit of a laugh, eh? Can't help meself, it's been a long few days." she said, now looking a little tired. I smiled, knowing exactly what she meant. "Yeah, I know how you feel." I said, and then took a seat on the bed. It was a little uncomfortable, I'll admit that, but nothing I couldn't handle.

An awkward silence hung in the air, and I shifted uncomfortably.

"Em..." Dylan started. "I took the liberty of shaking out the bedspread for you as well, it was a little…well…dusty?” her laughter filled the room. “Nearly choked to death lying down on this little buggar!”

I laughed and smiled at Dylan, she had a good sense of humor!

"So, Ollie…you dun mind if I call you Ollie, right?” Dylan asked, sitting down on the bed next to me. When I didn’t answer in the 5 seconds she allowed, she just nodded her head,

“Good, so…well…em…I dunno.” she shrugged and laughed, lying back on her bed.

I sighed heavily, and decided it was my turn to start up conversation. "So..." I said, trailing off. "Where are you from, love?" I asked, suddenly curious. She groaned and got up from her position lying down on her bed.

"Well Ireland, obviously," she said, smirking then laughing.

My cheeks flushed a light pink when I realized I'd asked a stupid question. I looked down, and muttered an "Oh." Another awkward silence hung in the air like the lights.
♠ ♠ ♠
MEH.
It's LONGER! :D

comment, rate, subscribe?