Status: Activeee.[:

Real World: Malibu

Chapter 8.

Kay’s Point Of View.

My mouth hung open. I would never have expected Alex to admit he had legit feelings for anyone, let alone me. I shut my mouth and looked up only to be met by Alex’s gaze. I looked into his brown eyes as he tried to read me. He usually could, he usually could read me like a book. But I think this time, it was like he was trying to read a book that was upside down and read from bottom to top. I broke the gaze and hopped off the counter. I walked to the sink and cleaned my bowl, putting it away. I knew he wanted to talk, so I turned back around to face him, leaning against the sink.

“What do you want me to say Alex. ?”

“I’m not sure. I know I wasn’t expecting you to welcome me with open arms. “

“I can’t date a roommate. I never date any of my roommates.”

“I know. I just want to let you know. Remember the first time we met. ?”

Of course I did. It was a Saturday; I was in my room, listening to a mix tape a friend made me of my favorite bands. It was blasting through the house and I was dancing, I didn’t think anyone was coming over. I already had my treble cleft tattoo back then. I was in my room, waiting for my work shift. While I was dancing I turned towards the door, and I stopped immediately, realizing Jack and a cute guy were standing there. I had blushed a deep red. Jack and his friend were clapping and laughing lightly. I had whined to Jack, asking why he came over without telling me. He told me he came to introduce his best friend, Alex. And that started our friendship, me looking like an idiot.

“Yeah, I remember.”

“And I told you that you were something else. ?”

“Yeah, I remember that.”

“I wasn’t kidding. You are something else. I have known you for 8 years, and I still can’t figure you out. You’re not like anyone I’ve met before; you’re like a puzzle with a bunch of freaking pieces missing. And I drive me fucking insane, trying to figure you out. “

He got closer with every word. He was right in front of me now. I knew he was gonna kiss me, and I knew I should turn and walk away. But I just couldn’t. He leaned down, his forehead against mine.

“But it draws me to you even more.”

I could feel his breath on my face, and I realized that I was far from over Alex Gaskarth.

He leaned down stopping just at my lips. I felt them brush against mine. I couldn’t help it anymore. I closed the distance, my lips meeting his. His lips felt like that fit mine perfectly. I felt him smile into the kiss as his arms wound around my waist and my arms wound around his neck. I guess he was smiling because I closed the distance, saying that I still had feelings for him. I smiled in return.

You know how in those movies, where when the guy kisses the girl in the end, there are fireworks. ? Well, take fireworks down a notch and that’s how it felt like kissing Alex. I’ve liked him for 8 years, and here I was in Malibu, kissing him after he told me he liked me.

The kiss was meaningful. It had feelings behind it, not just lust and thirst. There was actually feeling being this kiss. And I haven’t had one of those in a long time.

We were standing there kissing for a couple minutes when the phone rang. I pulled away.

“I should get that.” He smiled and released me.

I smiled back, and kissed his check before walking into the phone room.

“Hello. ?” I asked, picking it up.

“Hello. ? Is Kay there. ?”

“This is Kay. ? Who’s this. ?” I asked, a little hesitant.

“Oh, hey Kay. It’s Ryan.”

Oh. My. God.

“Holy Fuck. ! I know you did not call me.” I yelled into the phone.

Just talking to him, hearing his voice, brought back memories that I never wanted to be brought up. Painful memories. Memories that broke me.

Alex’s Point Of View.

I kissed her. I actually kissed Kay. I smiled to myself. Amped up on the happiness I just gained from kissing Kay. And the fact that she leaned in the rest of the way.

Once she headed for the phone room, I sat back down on the counter. I stared at the back of the Froot Loops box, doing the puzzles.

“Holy Fuck. !”

As soon as those words left Kay’s mouth, I was walking to the phone room. She continued to yell as I made my way there.

“I know you did not call me.”

I walked into the room sitting next to her.

“Who is it. ?” I mouthed.

“Ryan.” She mouthed back.

That made me pissed. After what he did to her, he thought he could call.

I reached over and put the phone on Speaker.

“Kay, baby, just hear me out. Please.”

“Ryan. One. Don’t call me baby. It was over months ago. Two. Why the fuck should I hear you out. You cheated on me with my best friend and my fucking sister. ! What the fuck do I need to hear from you. ?!”

I knew she was beyond pissed off.

“Kay, calm down a bit. Breathe.” I told her. She took deep breaths. I played with her hair, making her smile a little bit. It was one of her weaknesses. She loved it when someone played with her hair.

“Who’s there with you. ?”

“Alex. The one from Baltimore.” She told him, trying to stay calm.

“Oh, your ‘best friend’. ? I always knew there was more between you two.”

“First. There is nothing going on between us. But he has been there through everything for me. Two. Even if there were something going on, it wouldn’t concern you. Since I HATE YOU.”

“You know you don’t mean that Kay. I know you still love me.”

I could see Kay was ready to explode again, so I talked first.

“Ay Ryan. Let me get one thing clear here. Okay, Kay hates you. She wants absolutely nothing to do with you. She never wants to see or hear from you again. Get over it. You brought this all upon yourself. You’re the one that cheated on Kay with her own blood, and her best friend. In fact, the way you got caught was you having a fucking threesome with them, in the apartment she shared with them. ! If you haven’t noticed, she hasn’t talked to her best friend, or even her sister since then. So why in the fucking world would you assume that she’d talk to you. ? If I hear that you tried getting in contact with her again, I will buy the next ticket to Bradenton, find where you live, and beat the living fuck out of you. Understand. ?” I told him, venom dripping on every word.

“Yeah I understand you Alex. But Kay, just be careful. Cause you gonna regret everything.”

“Go jump off a fucking bridge Ryan.” And with that, Kay slammed the phone down.

She turned and faced me, “Thank you Alex. That really meant a lot to me.”

“No problem Kay. Cause even if I didn’t like you, your still one of my best friends.”

“Alex, you know I just can’t date a roommate right. ? I mean, if we were to ever get together together, we’d have to wait til after we left Malibu right. ?”

My heart sank, but I didn’t let it show.

“Yeah, I know.”

She smiled. “We are definitely still best friends right. ?”

“Yeah, Of course. !”

She laughed lightly. “Well, I am going to go take a shower. “ She got up to leave and started walking towards the door.

“Wait. !” I felt like I needed to tell her something, but I didn’t know what it was.

“Hmm. ?” She asked turning around. She stood there waiting for an answer.

As I watched her, I started thinking about how I felt about her. And I realized something very shocking at that moment. All those songs, all the thoughts, the amount I cared for her. "Nothing.”

“Okay. ? I’ll be out in 30 minutes.” She turned and left.

“Wait, I love you.” I said myself, the words I wanted to say moments ago, coming out.

And I knew it was true. I knew that, I Alexander William Gaskarth, loved Kanitha Stella Duong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner I forgot about. :D BANNER. <3