My Boarding School Romance. Not so Perfect After All.

Chapter One

Beth’s Point Of View

“Did you have fun with your dad over the holidays Beth?” Debbie asked me smiling.
I sighed and looked down.
“He never turned up.” And it had been the third time he had forgotten to pick me up from the boarding school, which left me stuck at the school with all the people that didn’t have parents to go home to.
It wasn’t as bad as it could have been though, as I made friends with a guy called Ray who is two years above my friends and I.
“You should have rang one of us, you could have stayed with us for a bit.” Beki said smiling.
“Yeah I agree and my mum would have loved to meet you.” Lauren added in.
“You can only leave here if you’re with a guardian so I wouldn’t have been able to anyway.”
“Oh right, so did you ring your dad?” I knew Debbie was just trying to be a good friend by asking and I know the other two were as well but it hurt too much.
“Yeah I did and he said he had been busy and hadn’t been able to get down here.” I muttered and stood up.
“I’m going to go for a walk around the grounds, I’ll see you guys later.”
“Okay but Beth, I probably won’t be back to our room until about 10pm, I’m going to meet up with Danny.” Debbie said.
If she had any choice though, I knew she would have stayed all night but his room mate wouldn't let her.
I nodded and left Lauren and Beki’s room.
Because of it being the first day back for everyone, we had no lessons so everyone was just doing their own thing and hanging around with their friends, plus it was Friday so it would have been stupid to have lessons today anyway.
I walked down the endless corridor and pushed open the fire exit and walked straight out onto the field.
I pulled my Ipod out of my pocket and listened to my mixed play list and made my way to the back of the field where I had started to sit when I wanted to get away from certain people.