My Boarding School Romance. Not so Perfect After All.

Chapter Ten

Six months later – Ray’s point of view still.

I rushed into my classroom out of breath with my uniform crumpled and creased.
As I sat down, the bell rang out causing me to breath out in relief as I had just made it on time.
“Nearly late again Mr Toro.” Mrs Marchant sighed.
“Sorry sir… someone turned my alarm off this morning.” I said out of breath because of having to run up and down stairs just to get to the English block.
I shot daggers at Frank who just smiled sweetly at me.
“Right class, today you’re going to be working silently on your Romeo and Juliet essays, as they are due in next Wednesday. You may start.” She turned from the front of the classroom and sat at her desk.
Romeo and Juliet: Beth’s favourite play and a perfect mixture of romance, lust and tragedy.
That’s where I had gotten the idea from for her present and to be honest, I couldn’t wait to give it to her.
I was swept into a state of daydreaming as I stared out of the window beside my desk but was soon brought back to reality by Mrs Marchant’s hand, crashing down onto my desk whilst a dark frown was worn across her face.
“First you’ve been late to my lesson everyday in the past two weeks and now you’ve decided to stare out of the window for half of the lesson you actually arrive on time for! It’s intolerable!”
“Sorry m-”
“Mrs Johnson’s office, now!” She bellowed whilst pointing at the door.
I sighed and pushed my chair back before grabbing my books and leaving the room.
Great, I had the biggest trek to get to Mrs Johnson’s office now.
I stopped by my locker and chucked my books in… you’d think we wouldn’t need lockers but it was so that we didn’t have to go to our rooms between every single lesson.
I turned the corner and started to the corridor that led to Mrs Johnson’s
Office.
I groaned as I saw Debbie sat in one of the chairs outside of the office, except she was covered slightly in black and yellow paint making her look somewhat like a bee.
Her eyes narrowed at the sight of me walking towards her and when I sat next to her in the chairs, which you had to wait in before you went in to see the headmistress, she glared at me.
“What are you doing here?” She growled.
“Now why would I tell you that?” I said back in the same sense.
Beth and Debbie had made friends again at least four months previously but she still didn’t like me being with Beth but to be honest, I’m with Beth because I love her, even if I don’t love her friends.
She was about to open her mouth and say something else when the door swung open and Mrs Johnson walked out with Beth following behind.
“Ah Raymond, I’ll talk to you after I’ve had words with Mrs Cheston here.” I grimaced as she addressed me by my full first name.
As soon as Debbie and Mrs Johnson had gone into the office, Beth hugged me closely.
“What’re are you doing down here?” She asked before I pecked her lips softly.
“I was late again for my English lesson. Why are you covered in red and green paint?” She giggled slightly and smiled a lopsided grin.
“Well in Art I decided to turn Debs into a Bee and she decided to turn me into a Christmas tree.” I rolled my eyes at her and kissed her forehead.
Wrapping my arms gently around her, I pulled her into my body, not caring if she got paint on me or not.
“Did Debbie say anything to you?” She asked with her voice muffled from inside my blazer.
“No.” I merely answered.
I knew she could tell from my voice that Debbie wasn’t exactly a subject I wanted to talk about, but she said nothing.
“Beth?”
“Mmm?”
“Are you busy tomorrow?” I asked her softly.
“No, why?”
“Doesn’t matter.” With that said, the door opened and Mrs Johnson beckoned me over.

It was lunch break and the guys and I were sat on the benches, situated on the field, whilst waiting for Beth and Beki.
“So are you pregnant yet?” Bob asked Frank who was perched on Gee’s knee.
“Yep! Two months gone as well.” I laughed as Gerard pretended to look hurt.
“You never told me you were pregnant.” He fake sobbed and burst out laughing just as Beth ran over and into my arms.
She lightly pecked my lips before sitting on my knee.
“Where’s Beki?” Mikey asked eagerly.
I laughed silently to myself; they had started dating two weeks ago and the poor guy was absolutely hung up on her already.
“She’s just talking to Mr Rodgers about some math’s test that we’re having soon.” Beth answered with a smile.
I snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her close into me whilst resting my head in the crook of her neck.
Hearing an excited voice, I looked up to see Beki had arrived and was currently indulging herself in Mikey’s mouth.
“Jeez guys, get a room!” Frank shouted and threw his sandwich at them, which they gracefully managed to duck.
♠ ♠ ♠
And now it should get more interesting...