My Boarding School Romance. Not so Perfect After All.

Chapter Fourteen

Ray’s Point Of View

Walking silently through Central Park, I looked over at Beth to see her watching two children playing tag nearby.
Leaves as crisp as the winter upon us, rustled beneath our feet as we shuffled down the wide pathway, it was perfect to say the least.
I should have left it a week as it was forecast to snow, but then again, it was our six-month anniversary today, not next week.
We sat down on a nearby bench and shared our body heat in an attempt to keep warm.
“Beth, I love you.” I spoke softly.
She smiled and looked up into my eyes.
“I love you too Ray.”
“You know it’s our six month anniversary today.” I said softly.
She looked up at me and smiled.
“I got you something.” I said and reached into my pocket.
I shuffled around for a bit until I finally found the long box.
I pulled it out and gave it to her with a small smile.
“I hope you like it.” I said quietly.
She smiled and thanked me before carefully taking the silver paper off.
I studied her face as she opened the box.
“Oh my god.” She said quietly and turned to me grinning.
“Thank you so much!” She hugged me extremely tightly still smiling.
“I’m glad you like it, I thought it was perfect for you.” I said with a smile.
She pulled the necklace out of the box and handed it to me so that I could link it around her neck.
“Romeo and Juliet?” She asked me as she read the inscription on it.
I nodded and smiled.
“Our love won’t end in tragedy though.” She said smiling.
“I’ll make sure of it.” I said softly and kissed her lips softly.
“I’ve actually got you something too… it’s nothing amazing but I thought you would like it.” She picked her shoulder bag up off of the floor and pulled out a piece of paper, which was rolled up and tied around the middle with gold ribbon.
She handed me it with a smile and I carefully pulled the ribbon off before unrolling the paper.
“Did you draw this?” I asked her amazed and she nodded timidly.
“Well I love it.” I said with a smile and kissed her softly.