Shattered Glass

Chapter 2

I pull open my closet doors and stare at the racks of brightly colored tops and neatly folded jeans. Nothing would look good on me anyway, so what was the point of even getting dressed? I would look like a cow in anything I tried on.

I grab a pair of fadded blue jeans and red top, made of some kind of whispy, sheer material, making it easier to hide my stomach. I look in the mirror at the outfit I have chosen. I still look fat and hideous, but there was no changing that.

"I should probably workout after school today," I think to my self as I walk downstairs into the kitchen.

The smell of brewing coffee hits me as soon as I walk in. My dad looks up from his spot at the table where he is reading the paper,

"Good morning Haley, Want some breakfast?"

I cringe and the word breakfast. No, I tell myself, you definitly don't need it, fattie.

I force a smile and shake my head. "No thanks, I'm not really hungry."

He nods and looks back down at his paper. "Can you pour me a cup of coffee please?"

"Yeah, sure, Dad."

I walk over to the the cupboard and get down a coffee cup. Filling it with scolding hot coffee, I carry it to the table and set it down in front of him. I sit down in the chair next to him,

"After school, do you mind if I borrow the car? I'm just going to go to the gym for a bit."

He looks at me while he sips his coffee.

"Well, I guess so," he says as he sits his cup down. "Just be sure to be home before dinner. You have to find time to get your homework done."

"Dad, I never have issues with getting my homework done. Don't worry so much!" I laugh. "It's not like I'm failing my classes."

He grins. "Let's hope not! You wont ever get into Harvard if you do."

I smile. "Like I would even get accepted to Harvard, Dad. Nice to have dreams though, I guess."

I make way back up stairs, leaving my dad alone with his paper.

I've lived with my dad for as long as I can remember. My mother left us when I was really little because of drugs. My dad never talked about here and I did'nt mind that. I don't care about her.

I grab my bag from the back of the chair and slip on my jacket. I glance at the clock, 7:53. I was always early to school. I liked it like that. I normally sat outside at one of the tables and studied or read a book. Being in California, the weather was nice pretty much all year so I spent most of my time outside.

I slip on a pair of flats and make my way back down stairs, grabbing my house keys off the hook. Yelling 'Bye!' to my dad, I walk out the door, ready for yet, another day at school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best. Its more of a filler chapter i guess. More to come so keep reading! :D

comments and critiques are appreciated!