Jealous Minds Think Alike

And I will make it through this night alive

Of course, John and I were completely silent for that moment. It was exquisite and peaceful, and no need for interruption. Somehow in that moment, John had completely melted my heart. Sure, Stephen has done the same when I looked at him, but with John, there was something different....and special.

John lead me back to the car in silence and gave my hand another gentle squeeze before he pulled away. Suddenly, I felt an empty feeling upon the palm of that hand. I frowned but as soon as I did, John turned his head towards me and smiled. I didn't know why, but I managed to smile back. He opened the car door for me and I slipped into the passenger seat.. He got into his seat and started the engine. He turned the car around and slowly down the steep, narrow hill.

Then in a split second, it happened.

The car gave a sudden lurched then stopped at its place. All was quiet except for our short quick breaths. The color drained from John's face as he turned the key again. The car made a low wheezy grunt in response. He tried again and gained no luck.

“John?” My voice came out as I choked whisper. “What the hell happened?”

“I-I don't know.” His voice came out as the same level as mine. I could see that he was slightly trembling.

“Oh god, Oh god. Please do not tell me that we're stuck on this fucking mountain!”

“For fuck's sake! Just calm down! Relax!” I could tell he was as panicked as I was. “I can fix it!”

I said nothing as he got outside and traveled to the hood of the door. He popped it open and the air immediately was filled with smoke.

“Holy shit!” John made a sour voice and waved away the smoke. “I'm guessing that we're stuck here Jaycee.”

“Dammit John! Didn't someone teach you how to fix cars?! Aren't guys supposed to know how to do these kind of things!?”

“Yeah, my brother. He - “ He stopped suddenly and frowned. He looked at the ground with a sad expression in his eyes.

“Did something happened to your brother?” I inquired. “H-He....He's not dead....is he?”

“My brother is not dead,” I sighed in relief. “He's very much alive....but we've....grown apart....”

“Grown....apart?”

“It's weird that we're in the same band and we live in the same household.” I remembered Brian telling me about his band that he had and how it consisted of John, Josh, Jess.....I wanted to ask John more about it, but I kept my mouth shut. “but we haven't exchanged a word in like....a week?” John began smiling, but it wasn't full of happiness. “Maybe it was my fault....maybe it was because I was a little too hard on him when I....” He paused again and shook his head.

“John....”

“I don't wanna talk it about anymore.”

It then occurred to me that his brother was the reason for his stress. John wasn't always happy and go lucky whenever I saw him. Sometimes when he arrived to see me, he had that sad look that was visible now. But what exactly did his brother do?

“Hey Jaycee!” His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah?”

“I'm gonna go look for some help.”

“No way!” I jumped out of the car. “Look how far we are from civilization! I won't let you go by yourself Gomez and furthermore, you won't leave me stuck on this hill.”

“Jaycee....” He sighed. “This will only be a short while. Why can't you just be patient and take another nap? By the time you wake up, I'll be back and help will be here.”

“No,” I replied stubbornly. “I won't let you.”

John looked at me, he knew he couldn't get me to stay. “Fine. Just follow closely, okay?” I nodded. “Okay, lets go.” He took my hand and I felt that surge of happiness come back to my body again.

We walked in silence, the twigs snapping just beneath our feet. John pushed each and every bush and branch away from my body and I held on tight to his hand, for he almost slipped a couple of times. As we kept on walking, the wind would howl and I would shiver. John soon slipped his jacket around me.

“So, your the guitarist right?”

“Right.”

“Brian is the singer....”

“Correct.”

“Jess is the drummer and Josh is also the guitarist.”

“Yes.”

“And your brother is the bassist.”

“Mhm.”

“Who is your brother anyway?”

“I'm not answering that.”

“And why not?”

“It's personal....”

“Oh? So it's too personal for you if I ask who your brother is.”

“Yes.”

“Why does it have to be so personal?”

“Why do you have to ask so much questions?”

“Is it wrong for me to?”

“It is.”

“Well....I don't see what the big deal is - “ I suddenly froze.

“What's the matter?”

“L-Listen....” I whispered.

Suddenly a wolf's house rang the air, causing me to grab John's arms tightly. Soon the howl was followed by another, and then another. I heard a twig crack in the distance.

“Wolves....”I whimpered. “Wolves....”

“Their far away Jaycee,” John assured. “They won't get us.”

“B-But t-the w-w-w-wolves.” I was stuttering real bad and John knew it. He grabbed hold of me tightly.

“Jaycee....I think you're having a panic attack!”

I let out a scream and ran back up the hill and straight into the car. Tears streamed down my face as John called after me. I heard a grunt as he tripped in the process of chasing after me, but I just kept on running. I jumped inside the car and slammed the door behind me. I curled up on the seats and sobbed my eyes out.

John soon caught up.

“Jaycee!” John was out of breath as he hopped inside the car. “Why....why did you just run to the car all of a sudden? Are you really scared of wolves that much?”

“My-My father was killed by wolves....” I said through tears. “I w-was five a-and w-we-we were camping and....and....” I buried my face in my lap and my sobs grew louder. John was silent.

“I-I didn't know.” He admitted.

“Of course you didn't. I never told anyone. I never wanted to go camping. I was scared to death when you were bringing me up here!”

“Why haven't you told me!?” he demanded.

“I-I didn't want to disappoint you....” I murmured. “After all the trouble you went through just to wake up early and take me all the way up here.”

“Oh Jaycee....I'm so sorry,” He wrapped his arms around me. “I-I'm sorry.” The sound of another wolf's howl rang in the distance and he hugged me tighter.

“I-I'm scared.”

“I never thought Jaycee Wood, the most ultimate bad ass girl I've ever met, would seem so vulnerable at a time like this.”

“John?”

“Yeah?”

“Please don't leave me.”

“I won't. That's a promise.”

I gave him a smile and slowly managed to drift off the sleep. Although the howling of the wolves continued and terrified me through out the night, I knew that I was safe into John's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the feedback guys. I appreciate it a lot! :)