Jealous Minds Think Alike

Keep my name out of your mouth

"Hey." I greeted, taking a seat next to John at the lunch table.

"Not sitting next to Stephen?" He replied, not looking up from his lunch.

"Nah. I'm gonna hang out with my boyfriend."

John looked up at me, a slow giant grin stretched across his face. He moved over, leaving me an empty seat. "Then have a seat, my lady."

I couldn't help but smile as I sat down next to him. His grin was still on his face.

"So, what are you having for lunch today?"

John stared at his lunch and made a face. "No idea. Care to guess? I think it's the rotting remains of a cat's corpse."

"Ew." I scrunched up my nose. "I wonder why the health inspectors haven't raided the cafeteria yet."

"Maybe they're planning a riot." He suggested, poking his food. "Hey, do you think this is perfect for flinging?" Suddenly his grin grew bigger. "Oh my god. What if we started a food fight right now?" He jumped to his feet.

"Don't!" I grabbed his arm. "I don't want to be scrapping food off the walls for a week.....make that a month."

"Hey, we're be together at least," He winked. "C'mon....."

"No." I turned and suddenly found myself staring at 4 pairs of angry looking eyes. "Um....John?" I whispered. "Is it me or are those girls staring me down?"

"Maybe you're just seeing things." He shrugged, sitting back down.

"No..." I shook his arm. "Look!" John turned and one of the girls furrowed their eyebrows.

"Whoa." He raised an eyebrow. "That chick definitely looks pissed."

"I told you!" My voice cracked.

"Do you know her?"

"No. At least.....I don't think so...." I squinted. "She does look kind of familiar...."

"Heads up Jaycee, they're coming this way."

From the corner of my eye, I spotted the four girls getting up and walking towards our direction. They did not have the slightest bit of happiness on their face and their shoulders were tensed. I was debating whether to run but they finally stopped at our table.

"Uh......hi?" I squeaked. They didn't reply. If looks could kill. "What do you want?"

"To stop." One girl replied in an irritated tone.

"Stop what?"

"I want you to stop talking to Stephen with your big ass mouth, stop looking at Stephen and stop trying, because bitch you have no right."

"Excuse me?" Suddenly I felt ticked. Never in my life had someone had just insulted me....just like that. I've been made fun of before, but this was completely new to me. Who was she? A relative? An ex-girlfriend?

"Hey. Hey." John stood up. "Look, I don't know who the hell you are but I want you to stop talking to my girlfriend like that."

"You don't know shit."

"What are you....?"

"Ask your girlfriend."

"What are they talking about?" John asked, nudging my shoulder.

"I have no idea!"

"Careful Gomez, she's not who you think she is. She has a secret."

Instantly, I froze.

"Secret? What?" The poor kid looked completely flabbergasted.

The girl gave me a smirk and walked away with her little groupie. I stared back at John who still looked hopelessly confused and ran after them.

"Hold on!" I grabbed her shoulder. She spun around.

"DON'T ever touch me again you skank." She hissed through her teeth.

"Whatever. I don't wanna get your disease anyway. What secret are you talking about?"

The girl gave me a devilish grin. "You retard. Don't pretend like you don't know." Then it dawned one me.

"You heard...." I murmured.

"What? How you're gonna break up with John? how you're just using him right now? How you're together with him, even though you don't love him? How you liek somebody else you'd leave John for?"

"We know about your secret date with Stephen." said the other. "It's not hard to find out you're in love with Stephen."

"I....I....." I couldn't speak.

"And unless you want it to stay a secret, you're going to listen to us."

"What do you want?"

"I don't know yet, but you better hope that I figure it out before I go over to John and tell him everything I overheard. Every thing we see." She gave me a little wave and walked away.

That bitch. That bitch. That bitch. That bitch. She was more easy to hate than Mary was. I looked down at my shoes. Its been nothing but crying now, ever since Stephen started talking to me and John coming into my life. Drama. Drama. And now this?

"Jaycee." John ran up from behind and took my shoulder. "What was that about?"

I didn't say anything. I just couldn't.