Jealous Minds Think Alike

My heart beats for you

“Jaycee!” Stephen called, waving at me from a crowd. “Over here!”

Yesterday, Stephen told me that he had feelings for me all this time and he asked me out. I didn't exactly give him a yes or no, but I reluctantly gave in to another “hang out.”

“Hey you,” I faked a smile, suddenly feeling awkward around him. “Were you waiting long?”

“Nope, just got here.” Lies for 'I was waiting here for a while, but I don't wanna say that because it makes me sound too desperate.' I looked up at him and got a smile in return. “Shall we go then?” Then his hand took mine, wrapping his long fingers around my smaller ones. He gave it a gentle squeeze. Usually this would send my heart racing, but instead gave me a weird sinking feeling to the pit of my stomach.

The door opened and cold air flew headfirst at me, sending a wave of deja vu running down my skin.

“Ah! Well if it isn't my favorite couple!” Joanne's voice rang. “What were your names again?”

“Stephen and this is Jaycee.”

“So, are you two finally a thing now?” She questioned, eying our intertwined hands curiously.

“Well more like friends with benefits.” He admitted, giving my hand another squeeze. Joanne started chuckling, causing to me to blush.

“There's no sex involved!” I snapped. Realizing what I done, I clamped a hand over my mouth. “You know not that you get the wrong idea or anything...” She gave us a goofy grin.

“So guys, what will you have today? I can't chat for long. My boss is coming in for the first time today and because I don't know what the heck he looks like, I gotta work hard all day today. Bummer right?”

“Sorry to hear that. I'll have a Boston crème Pie. Same for you Jaycee?”

“Vanilla.” I murmured, not thinking clearly.

Stephen gave me a surprised look. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah yeah.” He shrugged and took out his wallet. “You're not even going to argue who pays first?”

“I don't mind if you pay this time.”

“Okay?” He paid for the ice cream and we sat down at our table, holding our cups. I scooped a spoonful of vanilla in my mouth and swallowed., not even tasting it. “Um....are you okay?”

“Huh?” I nearly dropped my spoon, almost staining my pants with ice cream. “Oh um...yeah.”

“Really? Because you've been acting strange....ever since I you know....told you my feelings.” He gave me a sad stare. “Do you like John?”

This made me stop and think. Did I really like John or am I just trying to be loyal to him? Ever since that incident, I've been committing myself to spend more time with him. Just yesterday, we almost kissed, but I turned away at the last minute. I was completely confused with my feelings, especially the conflicting Stephen one's. What was going on with me?

“I.....I don't know,” I finally replied. “I'm so confused. I'm sorry Stephen. I just don't know what's right and if I'm ruining today, then feel free to leave or whatever.”

“Why would I wanna leave? I like you way too much to walk away.” He gave me that crooked grin. I was unable to resist, nearly melting in my seat. I still had old feelings for him after all still hidden away inside of me.

I quickly looked down at the almost melted ice cream and scooped a spoonful, popping it in my mouth. Parts of cold melted vanilla ran down my lips and chin, catching Stephen's attention.

“Um,” Stephen quickly grabbed a napkin and leaned forward. “You got some ice cream on your - “ He stopped in mid pose, the hand holding the napkin frozen in place.

“Stephen? A-Are you okay?”

As if everything happened in slow motion, the napkin fell from his statue like fingers, and he leaned forward and licked the vanilla off my bottom lip. Now it was my turn to be motionless, I just stared back at him with wide eyes. I couldn't speak, much less breathe.

Then the second wonder happened. Stephen leaned forward again. This time....his lips touched mine. His ...do I dare say this without sounding weird? …. soft lips moved slowly but gracefully. This was so shocking to me, that I just stood there at place. It also felt very alien to me, considering that this was my first kiss and I had no clue what to do. In a way, I seemed to think that Stephen was an expert at this, since he made out with Mary and Karen all the time. The lips I've been longing for so long was finally meeting mine for the first time.

It lasted for a couple of more seconds, swirling in different directions. His lips were now attacking my bottom lip, even tugging on it for a bit. Then finally, he released. Our lips made a slight pucker noise when they let go, something I've always wondered when I watched movies. Guess it really was true. Stephen opened his eyes, breathing softly.

“I-I'm sorry. That was my very first kiss and I didn't know what to do. So sorry if I was bad and the fact that I wasn't even moving. I didn't even kiss back and....”

Stephen laughed at me. “Didn't expect you to.”

“Wow that kiss was.....I didn't know kisses made you feel this way.” I couldn't help but smile. “Is this normal?”

“Very normal,” he assured, taking my hand from underneath the table. “First kisses are supposed to be with the one you like. In fact, it goes for all kisses.” He studied me for a second. “Jaycee, I think you should have been my first kiss.”

“What about Mary?”

“I'll tell you a little secret. You appeal to me just a bit more than Mary does.” He leaned forward again. Just when I thought he was gonna kiss me again, he planted a peck on my cheek.

“I g-guess I should smear ice cream all over my lips all the time.” I joked, laughing nervously. I was shaking a little from what had happened. My stomach felt so jumbly and my heart was almost beating out of my chest. All of those cliche things people say about love was everything that described this one. Stephen seemed to notice my newly found nervousness and moved from across to me, to sitting next to me.

“I don't ever want you to leave my side.” He whispered, laying his head on my shoulder.

At least, I didn't want to anyway, if he could make me feel like this everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've honestly actually never kissed anyone before, so I kinda had a hard time exactly picturing how it must be like. LOL. Well anyway, last time I checked my subscribers, I had gained 4 new ones! Thank so much for reading :D <3