Jealous Minds Think Alike

You've made a mess out of me

-John's Point of View-

I stared meekly at Jaycee's house, wondering whether I should knock on the door or just leave before she sees me out the window or something. I paced around in the drive way, glancing every few seconds at the house.

What was I doing? I knew I should start walking to Josh's before it got dark, because I turn into a terrible navigator when night falls. But for some odd reason, I just couldn't make my feet walk into the direction that I wanted to. I stared up at the sky which was starting to turn a shade of orange. Dusk.

“God dammit,” I swore under my breath, walking up the porch steps. I held my breath and tapped the door with my knuckles as loudly as I could. I waited a few seconds, until I was rewarded by the sound of footsteps coming down the stars. I shoved my hands into my pockets and looked at the ground embarrassed in time to hear the door swing open.

I looked up and Jaycee's face was a mixture of horror and definite surprise. “J-John?”

“Hiya,” I waved awkwardly. “Um...I need a place to stay for the night.....or maybe even a few days?”

“John, there's a reason you have a house.” Her shocked tone was suddenly changed to a firm tone.

“I....I can't go back home....”

“Why? Did you lose your key or something?”

“Kind of. Look, I just can't go home okay? Just help me out here, please. It's starting to get cold.” How pathetic was I, begging Jaycee to let me stay at her home.

“I-I'm sorry John. Go stay at Brian's house or something.” She started to close the door but I quickly caught the handle and held it mid-close.

“No Jaycee, you don't understand. I mean, you really, really, don't understand. I can't leave.” How the fuck was I supposed to explain that I couldn't just walked away? That I've been trying to leave for the past 10 minutes? “Please Jaycee. I'm literally gonna start begging on my knees.”

“John, just leave, okay? I'm sorry.” Without warning, she slammed the door shut, just when I had loosened my grip on the handle.

“No Jaycee! Please open up! Please!” I banged my fists on the door and waited for a few seconds. There was no sound of steps rushing back to the door to let me back in. “Please...”

xxx

-Jaycee's Point of View-

Why the hell was John at my house, asking me if he could stay for the night? Was he taking this contract way too seriously now? What did he mean he couldn't go home? I wanted to ask him all these questions, but I just couldn't look at him. Not when I cheated on him with Stephen.

I ran back upstairs and looked out the window. Unfortunately, the roof of my house was blocking half of my view, so I wasn't sure if John had left or not.

He probably did anyway. I thought to myself, putting my earphones in and turning on my laptop. I had some English homework to do.

~~

After half an hour, I had finally finished my English essay, five pages typed out neatly on Word. I removed my earphones and turned off Onerepublic. I heard the hard pounding of rain drops attacking the world from outside. I bit my lip, I really hope John had went back home or someone else's house.

But....what if he didn't?

Instantly, I ran downstairs and threw open the door. It was incredibly dark now, the pouring rain making it worse. John was no longer on my porch, but I saw a figure sitting on the side of the road, his head hung low.

“John?” I called.

“Jaycee?” John's voice squeaked, turning to look at me. He looked like an absolute mess, his hair damped and just his whole self, soaking wet.

“You are the biggest idiot I've ever met,” I fumed. “Why the hell didn't you go home?”

“I told you I can't!”

“Why?”

“I....I can't say!”

“Argh! You could've at least stayed under some shade!”

“Well I didn't want to be a creep on your porch!”

“Better than sitting in the rain! Aren't you freezing?”

“Very!”

I stared at my door then back at John, then back at my door again. “Argh. Fine! Come inside! And dry your feet before you come in!”

It was a faint, but I saw a grin spread across his lips. He hopped up from the curve and ran to my porch, his soaked shoulder brushing mine.

“Gross,” I made a face and followed behind. “Come, I'll show you where you can take a shower. And where you can sleep.”

“Is it your room?” he chuckled.

“No, it's the basement.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but if I get enough comments then I will post a long chapter that will make you go "oh my god."