Jealous Minds Think Alike

Now would you love me, if I was crazy?

-Jaycee's Point of View-

“You dressed yet?” I called from the basement steps. Luckily for John, there was a bathroom in our basement, and an old couch he could sleep on. He was also very lucky that no one ever ventured into the basement, especially my mother, who was coming home late tonight.

“Yeah! You can come down!”

I headed down the steps, took one look at John and screamed. “John! What the hell!”

“What?”

“Why are you just wearing a towel!?” I looked desperately around the room for a pillow to cover my face with.

“I'm wearing a tank top!”

“No! I mean just a towel around your waist and oh my god!”

“Um....when I left home, I only had this tank top and I uh.....forgot to get fresh boxers and pants.” He replied sheepishly.

“You didn't even have the sense to grab them? Clearly you never ran away from home before!” I found a pillow and covered my face.

“You...ran away from home once?”

“I did once for a very stupid reason.”

“Tell me! I wanna hear tales of Jaycee the rebel!”

“I would, if you put some pants on.”

“In case you forgotten, I don't have any!”

“Jesus John! I'm a freaking girl! I don't carry boy's underwear!”

“Okay forget the boxers, just get me some sweat pants or basketball shorts.”

“Gotcha,” I felt the wall and struggled to go up the sitars, t he pillow still covering my face. I nearly fell down.

“For Christ's sake Jaycee, I'll turn around if that makes you happy.”

“Great,” I ran back up the stairs and into my room, rummaging through my closet. Finally I found sweatpants way too big for me, that I had received last Christmas. Was John a size five? It was a shame I didn't have a brother or something....oh god. He wouldn't be wearing any underwear. I felt my flush. I've never had a brother before, so I wasn't going to be comfortable seeing some guy's.....junk. Would it....just be hanging there?

“Why the hell am I thinking about John's penis! Holy shit!” I ran back down the sitars, hoping the blood rushing through my head would clear my mind of any dirty thoughts.

“Here!” I called to John, tossing the pants to him. “I'll just turn around.” I spun around and heard the shifting of the towel. Oh god, one turn and I would've seen it.

“Oh! These pants actually fit!” I turned around to look at John who was admiring his newly found girl pants towards a dusty old mirror. I averted my eyes from looking at the middle. Just hanging.....holy crap. Somebody help me please. “And they're surprisingly snug!”

“So what? You're gonna buy girl pants from now on?”

“I just might.”

“You seriously are the biggest weirdo I've ever encountered.”

“Enough of about me.” John took a seat on the couch and I joined him. “Tell me about the time you ran away from home.”

“It's not that special.”

“C'mon,” John nudged my shoulder. “Tell me!”

“Fine. Um...well let's see. After my dad died, my mom started seeing other people....”

“Let me guess, she had this one boyfriend you didn't like, so you just took your stuff and ran?

“Typical huh? I just sat at the park, under the slides and thought about the choices that I made. I figured that mom's already stressed out from dad's death, and I guess she didn't wanna lose another person close to her. So I came back home. The two didn't even notice that I left! But all was good I suppose, mom broke up with him a week later.”

“I'm sorry....”

“That my plan didn't work or the fact that I mentioned my dead dad again? It's alright. It's hard for people to respond for these kinds of things naturally.” I stretched my arms. “So, tell me the story about how you decided to run away from home tonight?”

“Um....” John ran a hair through his still wet hair. “It was just those moments where I um.....I just couldn't stay home, okay?”

“Do you have problems with your parents?”

“Not exactly.”

I swallowed hard. “Stephen?”

John stared at me for a moment and did a shrug. “Kinda. He's been getting on my nerves lately. I just needed time to get away from him.”

“Isn't that the whole reason why people run away in the first place? To escape reality? The truth?”

“I guess so.” We then sat in silence, awkwardly staring each other, before John spoke up. “Umm, you'd never cheat on me, right?”

Then, I started choking on invisible hair or ….the cold heart truth? “N-No....Why would you suddenly ask that?”

“I'm wondering if you....like me....”

“John?” My faced heated up. “What's with you? Why are you talking about this?”

“Jaycee the contract! Have....have you ever discovered feelings outside of it?” He was staring very hard at me now. I sat in absolute silence, desperately trying to read his eyes. His expression was serious but his eyes were unreadable.

“I....I don't know....”

“Do you still like Stephen?”

Why was John suddenly talking about feelings and Stephen? Did he know I still sorta liked Stephen? My feelings for him wasn't as big as it was before, but the feelings definitely have not left yet. Did he know the only reason why I cheated on him was because I fell in love with the fact that Stephen was treating me like a princess?

I looked away, unable to respond. I just couldn't because the guilt was creeping up to me. How could I look at him in the eye if I all I saw was Stephen's lovesick ones?

“Jaycee, I just want to let you know I can't control feelings, alright?”

“Wait, what does that mea – ?” I looked back and was abruptly cut off my John crashing his lips against mine.

I had so many emotions inside of me, clashing and screaming to go out. One of them was definitely shock, which was exactly what I was doing now, frozen just like when Stephen kissed me. Confusion, because John had kissed me in the first place. Anger, my first was just trembling, wanting reach out and punch him, because of that surprise kiss And what what this this last one? The urge to....kiss him back?

I placed my hands on John's chest and pressed lightly, signing for him to pull away. Surprisingly he understood.

“John....you told me before that you never doubted me. That you would always put trust in my loyalty and me as a person....w-why did you ask me if I ever cheated on me?”

John had an impatient look on his face, but his eyes seemed to be desperately searching mine. “I like to hear flattering things from you.....” I raised an eyebrow. “Tell me I'm adorable.”

“Wha?”

“Tell me I'm adorable, give me a compliment.”

I gave him a questioning look and said, “Y-your adorable....”

“Do you mean that?” he asked, with a grin.

I looked at his features once more. There was no doubt that John was actually pretty adorable. “Yes.”

He grinned and leaned again, his lips attacking mine. He pulled away after five seconds.

“I think you're stupid at times, but you provide help when others need it.” He kissed me again. “I love how you're outgoing.” Kiss. “I love how you don't give a shit what people think about you.” Kiss. “I....I love how you put your entire trust in people....” Tears started to form and John stopped.

“Jaycee? Your eyes...”

“Sorry....I...I'm just a terrible kisser. I don't know what to do.” I half lied.

“You're not terrible, you're just new. Just....go with the flow,” He whispered, kissing me again. His hands now cupped my cheeks. Although this was not my first kiss, it felt exactly like one, probably because I was just sitting there. Like Stephen's, his lips moved in different motions, kissing me over and over again.

Then I suddenly made a move. I pressed my lips together against his top lip. John seemed amused by this and grazed his tongue against my bottom lip. Was I ready to take this to the next step? I opened my mouth slightly and John took the chance, slipping his tongue into my mouth. I nearly made a face. It was so wet.....our tongues touching in each other's mouth.

Without being fully aware of what I was doing, I accidentally fell back on the couch and John Gomez was now on top of me. We both looked each other awkwardly then he kissed me again. My lips finally started to slowly learn and I mimicked his motion, kissing him completely subconsciously.

His hand ran across my stomach and I pulled on his tank top. Everything was moving so fast. Soon enough I was in my bra and John's shirt was off. We were still kissing and I'm pretty sure I've gotten a little better at it.

N-No.....I can't.....I can't do this.

I continued to make out with John, even though my inner self was screaming over and over again for me to stop. This was definitely too fast and I couldn't lose my virginity just yet. Why didn't I have the guts to say anything? Where was my voice? Before I knew it, his lips pulled away.

“Jaycee....I....I've gone too far. We need to stop.” He got off of me and grabbed his tank top off the floor, putting it back on.

“John?

“I'm sorry, I can't take advantage of you like that,” Then he started murmuring something that went along the lines of, “Especially.....you.....don't.....feelings.....me....”

“What?”

“Um....you better take this,” John tossed me my shirt and looked away, I quickly put it back on. “I better go to sleep now. Sorry about what happened. I'm just stupid okay?”

“I....”

“Goodnight Jaycee.” John flopped back on the couch and pulled his blanket over his head. I took one last look at him then ran back up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the chapter you all asked for! I've already prewritten the next chapter and it's probably one of the most intense ones I've ever written. It also made me tear up in the process. Same rules as the last chapter, if I get enough comments, I will post it up the next chapter.

Thank you for all your feedback! <3