Jealous Minds Think Alike

A story about a Girl

John continued to count to himself, not quickly, but as slow as possible. He prayed that she wouldn't leave him, but he knew those didn't come true and how he truly had to rely on fate. Finally, he reached the dreaded number, 60, and turned around. There was an unusual loud pumping in his chest and he couldn't hear if she was walking away or she was still standing there, breathing loudly. He opened his eyes,

And no one was there.

John, who honestly thought she would stay, felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. At that time, he felt so defeated and so broken, that he thought he would collapse to the ground. However, he kept his composure and thought about all the reasons why she wouldn't stay.

Maybe it wasn't such a surprise anyway. They had fought, he insulted her in front of everyone, and they were complete opposites. How could a simple dance makeup such a fight?

Should I just go back to the dance or go home?

“John.” He heard Jaycee's voice from behind him and thought nothing of it. It was simply his mind playing tricks on him. “John, you look like you're gonna collapse or something.”

He turned slowly and saw her. The one he hopefully, loved, in front of him. She was real because he could smell her perfume radiating from her dress.

“Jaycee, I thought you - “

“Left? I thought so too.”

“You were serious? That you were actually gonna leave me?”

“I thought about it and how we have so much hardship to go through. I don't think we make a good couple.”

“You know I prefer that you just walk away with a word, instead of saying this to me.”

“But, even though we're not the ideal couple, I'm still willing to make this work.”

“But why? Why did you come back?”

“Because I still want to be with you.”

John's eyes grew wide and Jaycee giggled. Suddenly, John's smile grew the widest its ever been and he immediately sprung up to his feet, hugging her with such great force. He even picked her up and started to spin her around. They stopped twirling and for a long moment and stared at each other. Even though they expressed no words, they know exactly what each other was thinking and feeling.

And for the first time, Jaycee leaned in and kissed him in such a passionate way, the one she always hoped for.

“And for the first time, I kissed him. I kissed somebody. Not someone kissing me. Giving someone a kiss means they have to be really special. And I chose John.”



“Hey John and Jaycee! This song's for you if you're not busy making out!” Brian called from inside the gym. The two heard the beginning of “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. The couple parted, looked at each other once, and laughed at Brian's unpredictability.

John bowed down and offered a hand to Jaycee. She took his hand and the two began to dance, in such a silly way that involved a variety of twirls.

They didn't notice a Stephen peering at them from the Gym's door. He had such a sad smile and look in his eyes, but he knew he had to ignore it.

After all, he supposed it was a good thing to sacrifice his own happiness, for his brother and his love.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol jk jk.

This is the real ending. Thought I tricked you, didn't you? hahaha. No? Oh.

But anyway, it took me two years to finish this story! I'm not kidding. I started this story back in December 2009. This is exactly the ending I've planned out.

However, the story doesn't end so soon. Stephen still has remaining thoughts.

Thank you all for reading <3
I really love all you ~