Jealous Minds Think Alike

I've waited all my life for a bitch like this

“Honey?” My mom poked her head into my room and looks at me with concern. “It's Saturday. Shouldn't you have some friends over?

“My friends are gone,” I said from the comfort of my bed. I threw the blanket over my body. “I don't have any friends any more, because I moved to a different high school. I don't have any friends now.”

“What about Brian Dales? He's your friend, isn't he? He was nice to you, since you moved to a new school. Why don't you invite him over?”

“I don't want to.” I replied stubbornly.

“What are you going to do with your life?” My mother threw her hands up in frustration. “By the time you're thirty, you're still going to be living with me.”

“Don't worry mom,” I pulled the covers off me and hop out of bed. “I have a job, remember?”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes and left my room.

I groaned and open my closet, quickly slipping on my restaurant uniform. I work at a restaurant called, “Juliet.” I slipped on my shoes and close the door behind me, making my way to my work place. It wasn't that far away from my home. I opened the door and heard the familiar ring of the bell.

“Jaycee! Steve just hired a new guy. Can you show him how things are done?”

“Why can't you do it yourself?” I groan.

“It's because I'm running the cashier. He's in the bathroom, putting on his uniform.”

I shrugged and headed over to the bathroom. “I'm just going to wait for him outside,” I called. Suddenly, the door opens and someone runs into me. This time, we both fall to the ground.

“Why does this keep happening to me?” I moaned and looked straight. John was staring right at me. “J-John!? Y-You're the new employee?”

“It seems like fate wants us to be near together,” He chuckles. “Now, you can't avoid me anymore.” Without hesitation, he lifted me up by my arm, then brushed the dirt off my uniform.

“You don't have to....”

“I already did,” he grinned. “Anyways, are you going to show me around or what?”

I wanted to say no, but I had to anyway. Reluctantly, I showed how everything went in the restaurant. Just when I was showing him the storage room, I caught John giving me a smile, from the corner of my eye. I had to admit that it freaked me out.

“Would you stop staring at me like that?” I grumbled under my breath.

“What?”

“Don't play dumb,” I fold my arms across my chest. “You've been staring at me weirdly,” Suddenly, his face turns pale. It was as if he was trying to hide something. “Whatever, I'm going home.”

“You can't go home! You just got to work.”

“So? I don't care.” I scowled and looked away. “I don't care if I lose pay too. I don't wanna be by you.”

“Dammit, what's your fucking problem?” John was raising his voice towards me. The customers looked in our direction. I almost cracked a smile. Now there's the John I missed. Not the weird one with the creepy smile and stares.

“You make me sick,” I yelled back. “I don't like the way you act, the way you smile, or the way you look. You're loud and you think you can help me, but in reality you can't.”

“As I said, I'm just trying to be nice. But now I realize that I can't,” His face was turning a bright red. “I hate girls like you and I don't know why I even tried!”

“Only now you realized that?” I countered.

“Guys! Stop!” My co-worker quickly stepped between us. “Stop yelling your ass off at each other.” She hissed. “You're starting a scene!”

“I'll stop when he stops!” I cried, pointing an accused finger at him.

“And I'll stop when she decides to stop being a bitch!”

“What is with you guys? You were just getting along a few minutes ago!”

“That was before, this is now.” We glared at each other.

“I don't wanna work when he's/she's working!” We cried in unison.

We both head towards the door then stop. I rolled my eyes and shove past him, storming out of the restaurant. The ring of the familiar bell leaves my ears as I stomp hard on the sidewalk.

Don't you just love the hate?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the feedback <3