Jealous Minds Think Alike

And oh, you're shaking in your bones

Stephen Gomez:

It felt great to be alone, by myself, taking a stroll.

Ever since I confessed to Karen, she's been clingy and attached to me.

Don't get me wrong, I liked her. However, she seemed a bit changed. When I first met her, I fell head over heels for her. She was beautiful and popular. I was afraid that I didn't belong in her world. Who knew that she shared the same feelings?

But now, I have no time to myself.

I had to meet all her friends, go on two dates with her every week, and meet up with her after classes. Wasn't the love sickness only supposed to last a few days?

I barely talked to my friends anymore. The loud, annoying Brian Dales; the funny, supportive Josh Montgomery; smart and beautiful Jess Bowen; and my hyper, ADD-like brother, John.

When was the last time I even saw my brother? Talked to him?

Not for a while, that's for sure.

Maybe we weren't meant to me together after all. Maybe this relationship was a mistake. Maybe Karen wasn't the girl I thought I was. Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe....

While I was pondering with my thoughts, I ran into someone.

“I'm sorry,” I groaned, running a hand through the messy locks of my hair. My ass stung from hitting the ground with such great impact. “I was totally zoning out and - “

“It's all right,” She cut me off. “I wasn't the one paying attention. Blame me.”

Wait a minute....this voice....it sounds so familiar. Could it be....?

I looked up. She looked up. Our eyes met simultaneously.

“Do I know you?” I pressed my lips together and stared at her. “You just seem so....familiar.”

“I-I'm pretty sure that we don't know each other!” She stammered, quickly getting up, causing her to almost fall back on the sidewalk. She had a sheepish smile playing on her lips, but her face was the face of someone who was totally fucked. Well....she looked like she was in some deep shit.

“Are you all right?” I asked with concern. She looked like she's been crying. Her eyes were a puffy red and dried tears stained her face. “Have you been crying?”

“N-No!” Quickly, she wiped the welling tears with her long sleeves. “I'm all right.”

Before I could ask any more questions, the girl quickly sped away.

I stared at her as she ran. She seemed naive and really shy. However, despite that, she looked so familiar. Was she in my class before? Was she the girlfriend of one of my friends that I met before?

I looked at the sidewalk and saw fresh tears. What was this girl's issue? Was she being harassed? Did she get her heart broken? What if she was being chased by some rapist or serial killer? I was instantly worried.

That's when I decided to follow her. I wanted to find out what she was crying about and who she really was.

________

Jaycee Wood:

That was Stephen! Stephen fucking Gomez! I just ran into Stephen fucking Gomez and I ran away from him, like a timid kitten. Smooth move genius!

Who was I kidding? I could never be around Stephen anyway, because I was a babbling fool. I touched my cheek. He saw me crying too? I've never felt so embarrassed in my life.

But then again....

My throat suddenly ran dry and tears became welling up again. I had just finished telling John and Jess about Stephen and how sorry I was. Now, I ran into him? Is this what karma intended for it to happen?

Karma really does come back to bite your ass, doesn't it?

But I don't understand, I apologized....didn't I?

As I began to question the wonders of life, a hand slapped over my mouth. A cold blade was pressed against my neck. I held my breath, every muscle in my body stiffened. I felt someone's hot breath brush my cheek. They started to nibble gently in my ear. I started to feel more scared and more vulnerable.

“If you scream,” the voice whispered in my ear. “then I'll slice open your neck, right on the spot.”

I gave him a quick nod. Even though, I couldn't actually tell, I was pretty sure that my eyes were as large as a rabbit. A rapist. I've been captured by a rapist! I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried my best not to tremble, as he began playing with my bra strap through my shirt. His hands crawled up my shirt and touched my breasts. I cringed and he pressed the knife tighter against my neck. It felt so sharp that I think there was blood staining my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly. No one could save me from this nightmare.

“You've got such a nice body,” He whispered seductively in my ear, pressing his lips in the back of my neck. “and you're all mine.”

“Doing that out in the open?” I laughed. “That's stupid.”

“Shut up bitch!” The knife was truly cutting into my skin now. I watched in horror as a trickle of blood ran down my neck and onto my shirt. “What are you looking at kid?”

“Huh?” I snapped my head up and saw a panting John. He didn't look so ridiculous or playful anymore as he stared intently at me through his lenses-less glasses.

“What rude things to do to a girl,” He shook his head with a chuckle. I had to clamp my tongue, to demand why he was “laughing” at me. “Even I'm not that low.”

“You better keep your distance kid,” The rapist snapped. “Or this girl is going to die right before your eyes.”

“Hey Jaycee....do you trust me?”

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“I said do you trust me?”

I gulped and stared hard at John. There was no playfulness in his voice, anger, and there wasn't really any kindness. He just said it so bluntly and so straight-forward. He looked up at me and I could see that he was waiting for an answer.

Of course, what would I say? I was being held hostage by a rapist. What else were you supposed to do? But, it wasn't because of that situation. It was because I felt like I could actually trust him. He treated me so kindly before. He would know what to do in this kind of situations, right?

All I knew was that I trusted him. Fully and honestly.

I gave him a feeble nod. After all, he was the only one I could depend on right now.