Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Crazy Momma Say What BBQ?

One week later....

He never came back.
I don't know what made me think he would come back. A little piece of me hoped he would. Come but I guess I was hoping for to much.

The day after he left I expected him to show up at my doorstep, I got butterflies just thinking about it.

But as the day went by he never came. When I would pass by the kitchen I would see the flowers. He brought me. And that fuzzy feeling would come back. That was a week ago.

I would be lying if I said I didn"t miss James. I know it hasn't been very long but it feels like it.

And I feel alone.

Well maybe this is for the best, best for us to not see eachother anymore, he's doing my a favor. Thanks James.

_______________


My parents got back a few days ago and things are back to how they were. My mom comes at five am to wake me up, and even with the cast I have new chores to fufill. At least they are more considerate in a way.

Today is Saturday my parents don't work, so as usual I got ready for a day of chores. As I made my way to the living room I found my parents cleaning and running around. Deja Vu?

"What's going on?" I said.

My father kept to what he was doing while my mother stopped and turned to me.

"Oh! Fayne! I forgot about that dreadful cast!" Were the first words out of her mouth.

I kept my face neutral.

"We will have to find a way to make it as unnoticable!" She said. What is she talking about? I guess my thoughts must have shown on face for next thing she said,

"The Aranda Family next door is having a BBQ and everyone on our block is invited! And their bathroom is backed up so we're lending ours. That's why we need to tidy up. Oh I got you a new dress I put it in your closet." She spoke a mile a minute, I'm surprised I even understood what she said.

A BBQ? Great, this should be oodles of fun. Not.

I made to go to the kitchen when she stopped me,

"Oh Fayne I need you to tidy the kitchen and bathroom while we finish here. And later on I will dress you and get you ready, move along now Chop Chop!" She said in her authorative tone.

Playing barbie for my mom? Just wonderful.

When I got to the kitchen, I was about to make cereal when I realized something.

"Mom!" I said. I was starting to panick.

"What is it Fayne? The raid is in the cabinet." She said, thinking I was freaking over a cockroach. Which I wouldn't do by the way.

"Mom! W-where are the flowers I left on the table?" I said.

"Oh those ratty flowers? I threw them away, they were dyeing. And I don't remeber buying them. Why?" She said.

I felt my stomach drop. She couldn't have! Ignoring her question I made my way outside. As I opened the blue trash can, there they were.

Almost fully smothered in who knows what. They were ruined. I can't believe she would throw them away, they were for me. I looked around to see if there was any without weird goo on them.

And there was, only one flower without anything. I pulled it out and closed the bin. I went back inside and as I saw my mother approach quickly hid the flower behind my back.

"Fayne you didn't answer my question" she scowled.

"Oh, um, no it's just I thought they were, really pretty." I said a little too quickly.

She eyed me for a while trying to decipher if I was lying to her. She bought it.

"Well enough, now go back to your duties." She said.

As she left I let out a breathe I wasn't aware I was holding. Who knew mothers could be so scary.

I quickly got to cleaning for tonight was going to be a long night.

________________


The dress was nice.

Not that I would ever tell my mother that. It was vintage, blue v-neck with lace on the hem. I only got to wear one shoe of the new pair my mother bought me, they were silver flats.

She did my hair into a simple up-do, and some of my bangs came loose. I also had some brown eye liner and a little lip tint. Nothing too exaggerated, my mom likes to keep my face natural, and secretly so do I.

"Oh! That dreadful cast and those crutches! What will we tell the neighbor's John?" My mother said to my father, while we were all waiting for my mother's cookies to bake.

"Relax Jane, we will tell them Fayne was in a unfortunate accident which caused her to injure herself. And that's that, they won't care enough for details." My father replied.

He's right, I doubt any of the neighbor's would care for details, they would probably think what my father thinks. 'I'm in it for the drugs.'

"What an embarassment. Try to not stand out Fayne, just hide behind the shadows or something." My mother said.

I only nodded, since there wasn't anything I could really say that wouldn't lead to punishment.

"There finished! Ok guys it's show time! Fayne I want you on your best behavior, if you screw this up their will be consequences understood?" My mother said.

"Yes M'am." I said lowly.

As we made our way to the neighbor's house I heard my mother say to my father,

"Oh I'm sure Farrah is gonna like the Aranda's oldest daughter for James, they would make the cutest c
ouple!"

And that stopped me in my tracks.

The Alden's were going to be there, and that meant James would be there.

Oh crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes another update! I got a lot of reads last chapter and I'm feeling generous lol and this story is almost..almost to its end but and mainly because I wanna get to the GOOD stuff! So hope you emjoy this!