Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Marco With Braces

So let’s recap.

My mother dressed me nicely in something I like for once.

Our bathroom is offered to strangers for the day.

We are currently making our way to the Aranda’s backyard where the BBQ is taking place.

The Alden’s are going to be there, so James will be there.

As we got to the backyard, first thing I noticed about it is that it’s huge. It was so huge even though it was overflowing with people. I never would have thought we had this many neighbor’s.

From the corner of my eye I noticed the funny stares I was getting, and I think my mother did to. I kept my sight straight trying my best to ignore those stares.

We passed a table where they had many refreshments and alcohol.

“Oh Jane and John! I’m so glad you guys came! And thanks so much for lending your bathroom.” said this women who seemed to be in her mid forties.

“No, we’d like to thank you Martha,and Constancio of course for inviting us, and no problem about the bathroom.” my mother said in her sweet voice.

“Ah, this must be the infamous Fayne. How are you darling?” Martha asked while looking at my cast and smiling. She seemed like a genuine nice person.

I was quiet, I didn’t know what I should say, my mind had completely went blank.

“Oh she’s fine, she just had a little accident that caused her to injure herself. But she’s healing nicely.” my mother quickly added.

“Ah, lovely. Well I must greet the rest of the guest, please help yourselves to any food you like, dance and enjoy.” Martha said and left.

Little after my father disappeared to go get food, and my mother turned to me.

“Ok Fayne, please do not make a fool of yourself, and put a smile on try to look happy.” she said and left just like that.

So I was now standing awkwardly near the refreshment table. I looked around and noticed there were groups, seriously like the high school cliques. At one table were elderly people, at another teen guys that looked cocky, at another men playing cards and so on.

There were also many people dancing on a big wooden platform. I sort of envied them, I would dance, but this cast would prevent me from that.

I scanned a little more, and sadly there was no sign of James. I wonder if he’s even going to come.

“Here have a seat.” came a husky voice.

I jumped a bit and felt my heart skip a beat. When I turned I saw this guy setting a chair for me.

He was quite handsome, tall maybe a little under six feet with olive colored skin. He was pretty thin, not beanpole skinny but not buff, just very slender. He was wearing some dark jeans with a white tee and some black jordans.

I sat down quickly,

“Thank you.” I said lowly.

“No problem. What’s your name? I don’t think I’ve seen you around.” he said while smiling. Showing off his full set of braces, which didn’t stop his smile from being nice.

He took another chair and set it down next to mine.

“I’m Fayne. I live next door.” I said.

“Really? Then I should know you, why haven’t I seen you around?” he said.

“Um, I don’t know, who are you?’ I asked with a questioning look.

“Oh, where are my manners, I’m Marco Aranda, we’re neighbor’s. but I’ve never seen you before” he said.

“Oh, I uh, don’t get out much.” I said.

He was staring deep into my eyes as if trying to figure something out, I don’t know what. As I stared at him I noticed he had dark green eyes.

“Well I would ask you to dance, but I think that would be a problem.” he said.

A problem? I was confused.

“Why?” I said.

“Well, I don’t really think you could bust a move with that.” he said pointing to my leg.

I had forgotten about my cast! I guess I was so startled and out of it I forgot about it.

“Oh yeah, that.” I said looking down at my cast.

“What happened?” he asked curiously.

“Oh, it’s a long story.” I said, I didn’t want to bore him.

He smiled at me, and it was so infectious that I smiled to.

“Well the night is young.” he said.

As I went on to tell him how this all happened, how this was James fault, I sort of got off track and started telling him what a jerk he was and how he would continuously insult me. I noticed that he listened intently, taking in every word I said.

“Well Fayne, it seems to me you two have a little thing for each other.” he said, looking a little sad.

I scoffed.

“A thing? Me and James? Uh, no I don’t think so.” I said. Yes I denied it, I wasn’t about to admit I had a ‘thing’ for James.

“You can call me Fay.” I added smiling. I liked Marco, he was a good listener and seemed sweet.

“Well Fay, Egypt called, they said they want their river back.” he smirked.


“Oh please, I am not in denial.” I said.

“Is he going to be here?” he asked.

“Well, his parents were invited but no sign of them yet.” I said.

“Marco! Come help me with the ribs!.” came a booming voice.

We both looked at the same time in the direction the voice came. It came from a man who looked so much like Marco, guessing it’s his dad. And he was wearing an apron.

“Damn, sorry I have to go.” he said to me looking guilty.

“Oh, no it’s ok, your needed.” I said trying not to sound sad.

“I really don’t want to leave you here Fay,all alone.” he said.

I smiled a little.

“It’s fine, I’ll be fine.” I said.

“Marco! Hurry Up!” came his fathers’ voice.

He got up, and with one last look to me smiled and left.

And here I was back to square one.

Or so I thought.

I decided to get myself something to drink, as I was pouring myself some coke,

"Hi Fay."

Came a voice.

I jumped, so much as to drop the coke on my dress.

After a week of not seeing him I felt the butterflies immediately whirl.And my heart pound a mile a minute, it seems with time away my heart missed him even more.

I guess they were right when they said,

Absence makes the heart grow Fonder


And there he was, looking so handsome in his semi-tight blue v-neck and some jeans with his signature biker boots.

And there I stood with a coke soaked dress, and a startled look on my face.

Just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes yes another chapter! i just had to post it! I was getting antsy I cant wait till thursday! lol And in comes Marco!! he's so sweet! Hmmm will this become some type of love triangle? mmm i'm not sure. I'm writing the next chapter as i write this note! Fay and James reunite after A WEEK of No contact! let's see how this goes, what do you think?. comments are just lovely :)