Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Oh What Not A Gentlemen

"Fayne get up now!"

Oh, great the lovely voice of my mother, damn who needs an alarm clock?

Today was Saturday; why the hell was I waking up at eight a.m.? Oh yeah that's right, mom's cooking a dinner for the neighbor's, since their son is returning.

When I returned from summer camp after being gone for two months I didn't get a special dinner dedicated to me. The only thing I was given was my mother telling me 'I finally looked presentable'

If you were wondering I went to fat-camp, lost major weight by the way, but that's a story for another time.

As I descended from the stairs in my Spongebob Pj's I saw my folks scrambling around at a rather hilarious pace.

There are only three people coming over, so why are they fixing the place up so much? Beats me, what made him so important? All this work just because the neighbor's son was coming home from some unimportant place? What did he find the cure for cancer? He'd have better with the amount of work my parents were doing to make the house perfect.

So he's returning home big whoop! I went straight for the couch and decided to watch some television to kill time.
______________


It's seven thirty p.m. and he was arriving at eight p.m.; oh joy, note my sarcasm.

My mother made me wear a summer dress she got me two summers ago! I wouldn't have been able to wear it had it not been for that stupid fat-camp, moving on.

"Fay, will you please quit slouching and put a smile on that face, I expect you to be on your best behavior and do not embarrass your father or I tonight," my mother informs me. Yeah, sure mother, I'll get right on that. I tell myself, wondering when she going to stop caring what others think of her.

I recently turned nineteen and my mother still treats me like a peice of furniture; dressing me up so much, because she is scared as to what everyone will think of her family etcetera, etcetera.

"Oh, Fay you look absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait for you to meet my James, I hope the two of you become great friends."

"Why thank you Mrs. Alden and I hope us to be friends as well." I say with my cheekiest grin.

Yeah, sure Mrs. Alden it's your stupid James fault; I'm wearing this stupid dress, at this stupid dinner, in the first place.

Oh, I hope we become the best of friends…not.

I watched as the clock struck eight p.m.; I could not help but smirk at seeing lights from outside. wow, talk about punctual.

"Straighten up Fayne, and smile I want you to be nice to this boy," my mother hissed to me in her Hitler voice.

You see, in my house it was a dictatorship and my mother was Hitler.


"Yes, mother," I respond flatly.

For some unknown reason my heart began to speed up a little, at the sight of the door opening and Mr. Alden and him appearing.

Him, James, their son, the reason I was forced to wear a ridiculous dress!

He was the biggest looking nerd ever.


As I got a better look of him when he stepped in, I noticed he was wearing a blue polo shirt, and some dark wash jeans, with a pair of biker boots.

From what I could see he had an interesting style; he looked to be over six feet tall. At first glance he looked pretty lanky, but as he got closer I could see some biceps start peeking out from under his shirt, so he was very toned.

Pretty much the only thing that made him look like a nerd was the thick glasses on his face.

"Ah, you must be James! I'm Mrs. Winters, so nice to meet you," my mother cooed.

"Hello, there Mrs. Winters. I am James Alden, it's a pleasure to be meet you," he said while taking her hand and kissing it lightly.

Okay, that was totally too proper, not to mention a little creepy.

"Such a gentlemen, what a handsome young man you are." my mother cooed out again. Yeah, such a gentlemen,not.

I could not help but roll my eyes at my mother, it was like she forgot she was married. One kiss on the hand and she was already swooning.

"Oh,and this is my daughter Fayne." My mother chirped out. I could not help but cringe a little, I hate my full name.

I reached my hand out

"Please, call me Fay."

He took my hand my hand, Oh please don't kiss it!

"Fay it is," he say while indeed kissing my hand gently. In the moment he looked up from kissing my hand our eyes met, and behind those mildly thick glasses were the kindest and most gentle looking hazel eyes.

As I got a closer look at his face he wasn't all that bad looking. He's kind of cute in his own geeky way, and his muscles were not a bad thing whatsoever.

No bad Fay don't think like that.

I quickly snapped out of my reverie and replied a half hearted "Yeah, thanks." Yup, I'm a woman of few words.

We sat ourselves at the dinner table my mother had made her 'famous' lasagna. Smirking I wondered what the neighbors' would think if they knew she got it from the market.

So the adults were chatting away, and I was minding my own business when boom! I feel pain in my lower ankle, and I let out a groan.

Everyone turned to look at me, so I said the fist think that came to my mind.

"Ooh, um bad cramps."

Shoot me

Even though my face didn't show it, I was beyond embarassed.

My mother gave me a look as if saying 'shut up your embarassing me' , while my father ignored the entire situation all together, Mr. Alden just looked away quickly, even Mrs. Alden cleared her throat and looked away as well.

I sat there for a few moments and I finally looked to my left at the culprit who had kicked me quite harshly in my lower ankle.

"Yes," I said as sweetly as I could.

All I saw was red. I mean, James looked so beet red! Embarrassment was as clear as water upon his face.

"Oh man, I'm-I'm sorry! I-I uh didn't mean to kick you so roughly um, I just wanted to get your attention." He explained while stuttering a couple of times.

He looked kind of cute when he was all nervous like that, he had a face that I couldn't really stay mad at.

"Yeah, it's okay, just don't uh kick me; you could have tapped my shoulder or threw a piece of bread at me. You know, instead of making me look like an idiot." I responded as politely as I could muster.

My mother's words kept ringing in my head 'I want you to be on your best behavior'

He remained quiet for a few seconds then abruptly just looked away.

"So what did you want?" I asked curious, I must have startled him since he jumped a little bit at my voice.

"Oh, um I just wanted to talk, it's rude to ignore people." He said nonchalantly.

Whoa! Total 180 there, hold the phone! Ignoring him?


"Uh, James I wasn't ignoring you, I'm sorry if that's what you thought." I told him as nicely I could. .

"Please spare me, I know what you think of me, 'why even bother talking to this nerd with thick glasses,' I'm probably into star wars and what not, but you know I'm a person just in case you forgot and I hate star wars." He bellowed out quickly.

After laying that on me he excused himself from dinner to supposedly finish unpacking.
I could only sit there dumbstruck.

I mean where does he get off telling me what I think?

For someone who says I'm judgmental, he just jumped to a conclusion pretty fast there.

I would be his friend, but first he kicks me, then makes me look stupid infront of everyone, then he goes off telling me that I'm judgmental one, not his exact words but I can read between the lines.

He has issues.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Fay she's too funny. Thanks for reading!