Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Could He Really Love Me?

“Fayne come with me to the bathroom.” came Marcela’s voice.

I stared at her surprised, but nodded my head. As I stood I grabbed my small clutch, and she came to me and linked our forearms.

She is being strange, as if we are old friends.

As we walked through the crowd of people, I noticed the looks she was getting. She was a sight for sore eyes.

Once we made it inside the bathrooms it was empty. She walked to a mirror and began fixing her make up and hair. Then she turned to me,

“You really like him don’t you?”

“What!”

“Let’s not play dumb Fayne.” she replied.

“I-I don’t we’re just..” I trailed off.

“I can see it in your eyes Fayne.”

I looked up at her, “Really?”

“Yes,” she said easily. I grabbed some mascara from my small bag, and began re-applying.

“He loves you.” I rammed the brush in my eye on accident.

“Ow!” I looked and my eyelid was now covered in black. Marcela started laughing, when she calmed down,

“Here,” Marcela passed me a wet wipe. I took it and thanked her.

“Are you ok?” she asked.

I sighed.

“How do you even know?” I said.

“I can see it in his eyes, the way he acts around you, and the fact he didn’t really acknowledge me.” she said rolling her eyes at the end.

“And, when you two were dancing, you couldn’t see but he looked really happy.” she said looking almost sad.

“Do-Do you like him Marcela?”

She snapped her eyes on me and glared, I was taken aback. She looked away,

“What would that matter, he’s wrapped around you anyway.” she said plainly.

“I wouldn’t have a chance anyway, not against you anyway.”

“What? I highly doubt that.” I said like it was the most obvious thing.

“Fayne, you have yet to realize your own potential. I know about fat camp, I saw you leave. When you came back I was surprised, your very pretty.”

“You saw me leave?” I said in a low whisper.

She looked at me and I saw sadness in her eyes, she slowly nodded.

“I remember, you were crying. Your mom sent you away and said you were going on a cruise. But I know you wouldn’t be crying for that. You looked helpless.”

“Please don’t tell anyone.” I said quickly.

She eyed me curiously, “Why? Why are you so afraid?”

“I-uh it’s just it’s really embarrassing.” I said nervously.

“Your lying,” she said,
“You can tell me, I know there is something wrong.”

“It’s pointless, I’m pointless Marcela.”

“Keep talking like that Winters and I’m going to punch you in the face,” she paused to wash her hands, “Your not pointless, so let’s go back out there and dance ,this thing is almost over.” she said pulling me with her.

“James,” he looked up at Marcela and I.

“I’m going to steal Fayne for a while.”

“O-oh okay.” he said he looked fairly surprised, Marco just raised his eyebrows and smiled.

He then looked at James, “Hey James, wanna dance?” he said seriously.

James gaped at him before he could say anything,

“Psyche! I’m off to go find a hot girl.” he got up and left.

James turned to me and smiled, and I noticed something different in the way he looked at me.

“Go, have fun. I’ll be here when you get back.”
I felt trapped in between his gaze, our eyes wouldn’t avert.

“Come on Fayne,” said Marcela smiling and pulling me away.

When we got to the dance floor I looked at Marcela,

“Hey!” I said through the loud music.

“Yeah!” she said just as loud.

“Call me Fay!” I said smiling.

She looked at me and smiled, “But I like Fayne better!” she said.

I deadpanned. “Just kidding! Fay it is!” she said laughing after. And we both danced.

Later on I looked around at the tables for James, when I saw him he was looking around.

Could he really Love me?
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWW! Marcela and Fay are good! And woah woah woah! Wait a SECOND did MArcela say 'LOVE'? hmmm interesting. thanks for reading!