Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Scar Tissue

James

"Scar tissue that I wish you saw,

Sarcastic Mr. know it all,

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause,

With the birds I'll share,

With the birds I'll share this lonely view…"


I reached my hand out to my nightstand searching for my alarm clock, to hit the snooze button. Aha! Found it! So I pushed it.

"Blood loss in a bathroom stall,

Southern girl with a scarlet draw,

Wave goodbye to Ma and Pa,

Cause with the birds I'll share,

With the birds I'll share this lonely view.."


What the hell? I reach out to the nightstand once more and bang on the snooze button, but I still hear music. My eye snaps open and I look at the time. six am! Who wakes up at six am and blasts music so loudly? Who could this sleep stealing monster be? This gremlin who by the way is playing one of my favorite Red Hot Chili Pepper's songs, but that's besides the point, is depriving me from my sleep?

I slowly and lazily make my way out of bed, and walk towards my window. In front of our house is the Winters home, since both houses are on the dead end part of the street. I see it's still dark out, and there is but one light on at the Winters' home, on the second floor where the music is blaring from. I never took Fay for a RHCP fan, I thought her more a Britney spears fan. Not that there is anything wrong with Britney Spears, she's ok, not that I really listen to her, anyway why is she up so early? She's a college drop out, with no job.

What a strange girl.

Fay

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Fayne if you don't get up now I will drag you out of bed by your hair!"

At five-thirty am Came the voice of the Devil, uh I mean my mother. Yes, see she holds this special type of love for me, to put it simple she hates me. We use to get along, but things changed, I rather not get into that story.

She will act like she loves me infront of her friends but no one knows what happens behind closed doors, it's not pretty. Fine by me I don't need her or anyone to love me. Now my dad, well I'm sure he loves me but Hitler has him wrapped arouund her finger, so he is as good as a slave. Anyways as you can see the relationship I have with my parents is not pleasant.

Yes I dropped out of college, I know what your thinking what a loser right? I was studying to be a Marine Biologist, anything that has to do with the ocean life interests me, and I fell in love with the ocean and its creatures ever since The Little Mermaid, and Spongebob of course. How cool would it be to live in Bikini Bottom!

I was getting ready for classes one day when my Mother comes to me and says:

"Fayne I'm sorry to say that we had to empty your college fund for our house renovations, so just get yourself a job to pay for college."

Yup. That's how she layed it on me, I did get a job soon after but tuition was just to much, I ended up having to drop out which reminds me I have to look for a job soon. So you may presume my home life is messed up, well you presume right, but no one else knows, they think we are one happy family, which is bull, but I like to stay positive.

I get up from my bed and get dressed to prepare for a full day of chores. I walk to my stereo and put in my Red Hot Chili Pepper Cd : What Hits? And choose my favorite song. I turn the volume knob to full blast, there is nothing that aggrivates my mother more then me, my music, and me blasting my music. As the song is playing I walk to my window, and notice it's still a little dark out , which makes it gloomy, another gloomy fall day.

I walk down the stairs and make my way to the kitchen, my parents probably already left to work. My mom is a Real Estate agent and my dad is a Surgeon. Yah you must be wondering if they're so loaded why did they take my college fund money for house renovations well my guess is as good as yours.

I walk to the fridge and see my mother left me a list of chores.

Take out the Trash

Clean the Kitchen

Clean the Bathrooms

Clean the Living Room

Vacuum the Driveway


I know what your thinking, what the hell? But yes I actually have to vacuum the drive way. My Mother loves when I make a fool of myself, that or she's that crazy,the list goes on.

Rake the Yard

Water the Plants

Paint the Fence

And lastly

Mow the Lawn


She also left me a very thoughtful note at the bottom it reads:

Those chores better be done by the time I get back. Be prepared for a full inspection. If one thing is not done or you skipped a chore, then pack your crap and get the hell out of my HOUSE!

Oh how lovely right? Not. Anyway I suppose I should get started, I got a long day ahead of me.

James

The music had stopped three hours ago, but I couldn't go back to sleep. Mostly because I couldn't stop thinking of how I was going to apologize to Fay. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, how can I be so hung over a girl. But I am nonetheless I won't feel ok until we are ok, yes I know I'm weird.

I decided to give up trying to sleep and got up put on my glasses and got out of bed. I didn't bother changing I remained in my muscel shirt and sweat pants. It was a little chili but I'm a man I can handle it.

My parents were no where to be seen as I made my way to the kitchen. My mother left me a note on the fridge.

Hey baby breakfast is in the microwave, don't worry about finding a job you will soon enough, everyone needs an accountant. Try to take the day to relax and get use to your new enviorment, take a nice walk, but if you could please take out the trash, that would be lovely. I love you!
~Mom


Well getting to relax for the day, sounds good to me. I warm up the food my mom left me, six pancakes, eggs, and fivesausages, and three pieces of toast. After I ate I made my way to the living room laptop in hand. I'm going to catch up on some emails and maybe surf the web for a while, kill some time.

Fay

My last and final chore: Mow the Lawn

I'm so tired and quite exhausted, but I can't stop if I do I'll get kicked out and where will I go? We have no family members I can go to, both grandparents from both sides passed away and my folks were only children, how convenient right? Not.

I grab and push the new lawn mower my parents bought to the front yard. I unloop the long power chord and plug it in to the nearest outlet. Now to find that stupid chord you pull to start it. I search for a while on this stupid fancy shmancy mower they bought, probably with my college money. Eureka! I found it. I crank the gas. It doesn't turn on, I try again, then nothing, I try again and it won't start, stupid lawn mower.

Ugh! I kick the stupid worthless mechanical device, I look to my right and see James in all his muscular glory taking out the trash. As he carries the bags you can see his muscels flex, which makes me go weak in the knees and get all wobbly. Oh goodness I must look so gross I'm all sweaty in nothing but a camisole and some shorts. I quickly look away, how perverted would I look if I was caught ogling my neighbor,

my hot buff nerdy neighbor.


James

I got up off the couch , I had gotten off the laptop a while ago and was watching my favorite show on tv, Growing Up on animal planet , the episode was about the joey the Kangaroo and how it grows attatched to it's mother.

As I walked out the door to take out the trash, walking down the driveway I look across the street, and notice Fay trying to start a lawn mower, she looked so cute and pretty in that outfit, especially with that scowl she had on her face.

Fay

Broom! Broom!

Yes and we have victory! The stupid lawn mower finally started. I started pushing it forward, backwards, side to side, each time moving the chord aside out of the way. I don't know what happened all of a sudden, in the blink of an eye I see sparks flying from the lawn mower, and then I feel shocks going through all over my body! I let out a yell and fell to the ground, I saw something hover over me before I went into complete darkness.

James

She finally got it started, I decided to dump the trash extra slowly , slow motion slowly, maybe Fay would notice me and then I could finally apologize to her. No sooner I look across the street to see if Fay was looking and I see her small frame shaking uncontrollably while still holding the lawn mower, I also notice sparks coming from it! Then I hear her yelp, she then falls to the ground and I ditch the garbage and run to her.

I lay next to her on my knees and bring her head to my lap, I lightly slap her face

"Fay! Fay! Are you ok!" I ask trying to get a response out of her, but she is out cold.

I set her head down gently , and place my ear to her chest. Now under any other circumstances I would probably be so embarrassed placing my head on a girl's chest and blushing madly, but I had no time to feel embarrassed or blush.

Ba-Boom…Ba-Boom….Ba-Boom….Ba-Boom

I let out a sigh of relief, her heart was still beating.

I look around to see if anyone noticed, but no one was around. I get up and walk up to the Winters front porch to the their door, I turn the knob. Locked. How was she even planning of getting back inside?

I decided to take her to my house, so I walk back over to her and gently lift her up bridal style. She's so light and I notice she looks so pretty and relaxed and even calm, unconscious that is. I walk into my house and go up to my room, I set her gently on my bed while bringing the blankets over her. I stand there for a second just watching and admiring her beauty. I pull a strand of her hair that fell loose behind her ear, I have always wanted to do that. I snapped out of it, I grabbed her hands and noticed they had burns, I quickly went to grab the first aid kit. I put ointment on her hands and gently wrapped them up. I decided to go down stairs and make her some tea and toast.

I walk into the kitchen and take out the toaster and place two pieces of bread in it. I also grab a kettle and pour some water in it and set it on the stove while turning it on. I take off my glasses and set them on the counter infront of me, and rub my eyes tiredly trying to take in all that had just happened. I kept thinking back to when I had Fay in my arms, it was like a perfect fit. Like she belonged there, what am I saying? I can't like her I barely know her! But it did feel nice to have her in my arms.

The water began to boil and the bread looks just about ready to pop up.

Fay

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I'm in a room, that's not mine. Ok your ok Fay it's ok no need to freak out. I remove the blankets from my body and sit up while swinging my legs to the side of the bed, which is very comfortable by the way. I try to remember what happened. I notice my hands hurt I look at them and notice they are wrapped, I slowly take of one wrap and see like third degree burns. Ouch! I wrap them up again. I have no clue how I got burns I remember mowing the lawn then just falling into darkness.

I take a look around, I notice many RHCP posters, some Nirvana posters, and a couple of movie posters as well. Such as Casino, Jurassic Park, Good Fellas, Silence of the Lambs,The Color Purple, and Friday. Huh. This person has good taste in music and movies. I decide to investigate a little to figure out exactly how I got here and why I am here. I walk down the stairs and hear shuffling in what I assume is the kitchen, I slowly walk in and lowly clear my throat.

James

I whip my head and face the direction in which I heard someone clearing their throat. I squinted my eyes I couldn't see, I could only make out a black silhouette and yes at that moment I was terrified. I did what any person would do in this situation I yelled:

"Gaah! A thief! Please just take what you want and leave! I –I uh can't see your face anyway I can't see! Please Please don't kill me I'm a good boy!!"

I quickly put my hands behind my back searching feeling around for my glasses. Then I saw the silhouette move slowly towards me, and I panicked. I barley above a whisper said:

"Please don't come any closer, or I'll- I'll …."

I drifted off searching for something anything to threaten this manic criminal with. Aha! I felt something I quickly showed them.

"I'll hurt you !" I yelled.

Fay

Ha! Wow James was totally freaking out, he looked so cute freaking out. His face was twisted into panic and sweat beads were starting to form on his forehead. He didn't have his glasses on, his really thick glasses which were right in front of him. I'm guessing I must look really blurry to him. He thought I was a robber since he is practically blind and can't see my face, so I started walking my way toward him trying to hold in my laugh.

Then I saw him feel around for something and he grabbed the first object he felt. A spatula! He reminded me so much of Spongebob Squarepants right now, if only James would make me a Krabby Patty, I'm hungry, ok getting off topic here. I was really having trouble holding in my laughter, I couldn't hold it any longer.

James

I waited for the criminal to say something, but all I heard was a giggle. A giggle?! This thief, this disgusting criminal was laughing at my horror! I started squinting my eyes trying to so hard to mask who this person was. They kept giggling and walking closer to me until I yelled terrorized:

"Stop! Please Stop! Don't come closer!"

Fay

Ok so I was messing with him a little bit. It was harmless fun, well fun for me that is. I could see he was really scared like ready to pass out or something. I know what your thinking 'what a sadistic girl' but come on how could I not mess with him? Ok your right it's still wrong, this torture session must be put to end. I decided to let James the cry baby know it was me. You guys are no fun.

James

"Relax James it's me Fay."

I almost died then and there. I could already feel the blood rushing to my face, and the heat rise. I just embarrassed myself , acted a fool in front of a girl that I may have a little something for, a cute pretty girl at that. Wait! Wait a minute!

It was Fay!
♠ ♠ ♠
I really liked writing this chapter! just the whole getting shocked by a lawn mower hehe hope you liked it!