Charmed Youngest Sister

Inner Demons

I was sitting down in the principals office with a black eye, and a bloody tissue for my nose, sitting at least three assigned chairs away from Brandi Campbell, one of my P.E. classmates who had two black eyes, a bloody nose, and a fat lip. We had gotten into a fight when she, and Carlie were making fun of me using words, you will find out about later, during volleyball.

It was actually my fault that we were sitting in the office with a bloody faces, because I took the first swing. Joey, one of my best guy friends, who luckily had my fourth hour P.E. class and got assigned the same team for extra credit volleyball over Christmas break, and Becky and Ginger, held me back and if they hadn't, Brandi would probably be in the hospital. The reason I say this, is because her friends always used to beat Ginger, me, Becky, Austin, Michael, Jessy, and Joey up when we couldn't defend ourselves against ten of her friends, but if Carlie was going to fight, she'd probably run or scream after someone took the first swing.

Then, we heard the door open to the office and we both looked, luckily for Brandi, it was my sisters, Prue and Piper, who hurried over to me quickly.

Piper was the first to say something, because I knew Prue was waiting to lecture me at home, "Baylee, are you alright?"

I nodded and took the Kleenex away from my nose. It had finally stopped bleeding and I was glad because I knew Piper would freak out if she had to keep looking at it for a while and I threw it away.

She sighed thankfully that I was alright and said, "How did this happen?"

I sighed and started to explain my side of the story until the secretary interrupted, "Miss Halliwell? Which one of you-"

Prue cut her off and said, "We're her sisters."

The secretary waved us inside and I reluctantly trudged along behind my, too eager to find out what had caused this, sisters. We sat down in the principals office and waited for the principal. Piper was still inspecting my battle scars from time to time looking me over again to see if she missed any other wounds she hadn't seen the first time.

The principal, Mr. Gyzer, funny right, stepped inside and walked around to his desk, "Ladies." He acknowledged my sisters and then looked at me with a concerned face, "Baylee, what happened this time?"

I huffed in a sigh as I knew this was his way of showing he thought he could handle things, like my problems, like a psychiatrist and always tried hitting on Prue, for a date. I never liked him and he never liked me, especially after I played a big prank on him after the first time he hit on Prue. I put a recording of one of his phone conversations with the other principal, Mr. Silverston, that sounded very perverted, after I tapped into his home phone line with the help of a few computer geek friends of mine.

The whole school was laughing for a week and snickering whenever Mr. Gyzer walked by and called him "Mr. Gayzer" for at least a month. We all laughed about it, but I eventually got caught as the one who did it. I was suspended from school for a whole month and my sisters weren't exactly happy having me mope around the house with nothing to do.

I realized I had been caught up in my thoughts too and all eyes were on me. I coughed to clear my throat and started, "Brandi started to tease me and I defended myself, but then I punched her."

He folded his hands and propped his elbows up on the desk and leaned over looking at me. "What did she say," He asked.

Then, I decided I didn't want to talk about it if it was this personal to me, "I don't feel comfortable talking to you about it."

He leaned back in his chair as my sisters looked at me with faces of concern.

"Alright then. But, your punishment for participating in a fight, is that you will be suspended for a day. As will Ms. Brandi Campbell," Mr. Giyzer said, "You're dismissed," He finished as the bell to end the extra curricular school activities sounded.

I got up and walked out hurriedly, without my older sisters and walked into the hall. John, like he always did, walked up to office and saw me and a look of concern crossed his face. He walked over to me and hugged me while giving me a kiss on the cheek. He could tell I was fairly disappointed.

"What's wrong babe?" He asked pulling back a little from the hug but his arms were still around me.

"I started a fist fight with Brandi Campbell today, as you, can kinda tell." I answered looking down.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because she was teasing me about how, well, I don't have any parents," I said taking my time because John never knew that I didn't have any parents.

"Baylee, come on. Let's go," Piper said as she and Prue walked out the office watching me and John.

"I'll be there in a second," I said to them quietly. So they moved a few ways away towards the door, but still listened in on me and John.

John looked at them and then back at me and said, "I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. You didn't know," I said looking back up at him.

"Well, if you ever need to talk, or need anything, just call me, okay?"

I then nodded, "Kay."

John gave me a kiss on the tip of my nose and then comfortingly smiled to me as I walked off towards my sisters and we headed on home.

When we got into the house, I tried to walk up the stairs but they stepped in my way, not letting me pass. I figured they wanted to talk about what really caused the fight. I really didn't want to talk about it though.

Prue started off first, "Baylee, what did Brandi say to make you mad?"

I shook my head as I looked away.

"Come on, we won't be able to understand you if we don't know what's bothering you," Piper said.

I sighed as I looked at them and stayed quiet for a few seconds and gave in, "They were teasing me about, mom"

"What about her?" Prue asked.

"She was teasing me because mom wasn't here," I said.

"Oh, hunny," Prue said coming over and hugging me.

"I wasn't sad, I was just really pissed off. I'm sorry I hit her, I just couldn't control my anger," I said leaning on Prue.

"It's okay, we understand Baylee. It's not easy living in a world where we see complete connected families and having other people brag about theirs. We're sorry you had to go through that," Piper said walking over and hugging me too.

"It's okay. It's not your fault though," I said quietly.

We stood there for a while and Prue and Piper broke their hugs and Prue said, "Well, we'll call Leo to come and heal you so you can look pretty for the party tonight."

I smiled a thanks as Prue lifted up my chin to get another look at my black eye and said, "Go on upstairs and get ready."

I walked up the stairs and into mine and Phoebe's room to get ready. I put on a blue tank top and a white skort and brushed my hair and put it half down and half into a ponytail. When I was finished, I headed down the stairs and into the stair hall, where Phoebe and Prue were talking.

"Oh, honey, what happened?" Phoebe asked seeing my black eye.

"Baylee, got into a fight at school, that's why Piper and I couldn't meet you for lunch," Prue explained.

Phoebe and Prue walked over to me as Phoebe lifted my head to get a better look at my eye, like Prue did and she asked, "What caused it?"

"It's not that big of a deal," I said moving my head away from her hand.

"Well, yeah it is if you got into a fight over it," Phoebe said looking concerned at me.

I looked at Prue who got the idea from the look in my eyes that I didn't want to talk about it and she said, "It doesn't really matter. Baylee, um, go call your friends and see if they're still coming would you?"

I walked off into the other room without looking back at Phoebe as I heard her say, "Was it something I said?"

I called all my friends I knew where coming, and I talked on the phone for a little while with Becky until she had to go do somethings. When I came out, Cole, Phoebe's boyfriend was already here, and so was Leo.

"Hey, there you are Baylee," Leo said as he walked over to me, "Come on, let's go get you fixed up, in the kitchen."

Cole saw me and sort of grimaced saying, "Ow, Baylee what happened?"

"I got into a fight at school."

"Did you win," he asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

Leo took my arm and led me into the kitchen away from Cole and my sisters. He held his hand up to my face and healed me. Within a few seconds, I was as good as, well, the way I looked before. Which was fine for me of course.

"Thanks Leo," I said smiling at him.

"No problem Baylee," he responded, just when the doorbell rang.

We walked back into the stair hall and Cole looked at me funny and said, "How, or, what happened to-"

"I got some makeup put on it," I said looking at Leo and biting my lip.

"You're into cosmetics," Cole asked a little confused.

"Um, sort of," Leo said looking at Piper.

Prue answered the door and it was a few of her friends and Piper's. A few minutes later, as I suspected, there were a few of Phoebe's college friends. After an hour , at nine o' clock, the party had started and none of my friends had shown up yet. John wasn't even here. I was beginning to wonder what had happened, or what I did or if I did something to make them not want to come. There were a few aching suspicions, but those thoughts were like a curse to me. I always had to think that it was something I did to drive people away.

I sat on the stairs in the stair hall as people hung out elsewhere and my sisters were all off having conversations with all their friends. Then Piper and Prue walked up to me and sat down beside me.

"What's wrong babe," Prue asked concerned.

"None of my friends are here yet. I'm just bored," I said in a really unbelievable tone showing I wasn't just bored.

"That's not all that's wrong," Piper commented also concerned.

Concern was a great deal in this family and it's what keeps us so wrapped up in other people's business. It's also what gets on my nerves a lot. Only because I think I'm too strong to have people worry about me instead of their own problems.

After a few seconds of that awkward silence that also gets on my nerves now, Piper said, "You know we know you better than that after twelve long years of listening to you speak."

"It's just," I paused not sure how this should come out since they never knew about this before, and Phoebe had walked over here too, "it was around Christmas time, that I started to understand where, where mom actually went."

This was the first time I had ever made my sisters this speechless. Well, besides the time when I was like, ten and Phoebe was fourteen, Piper was seventeen, and Prue was like nineteen and still living at home with us and anyway; I yelled at Grams and ran away for three days.

"I'm sorry hunny," Prue said as she put her arms around me. I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Baylee, we definitely know it's not easy dealing with these things, and we've all been through the pain, but we don't want you to feel like you have to be strong, for yourself, or anyone else," Prue said comfortingly.

"Yeah, that's Prue's job," Phoebe chimed in. I smiled a little and then pulled away from Prue.

It took me a while to say this next thing too, because I was also unsure of how to word it because I knew Prue might object to it, but then again, she probably also wanted to see how it turned out as much as any of us.

"Prue, if Grams could come back, can't mom too," I asked finally. All three of our pair of eyes were on her, waiting for her approval or disapproval.

"No, I, we can't Baylee. It's personal gain, you know that," Prue objected.

"But Prue, you want to see her as much as we do too, why not," I asked a little louder and a little more pissed off. Now, I was getting mad and turning this into an argument that I was determined to win. I would usually wait until Prue gave in to my protests and it sometimes worked for me. If it didn't, I would always give her the silent treatment. Then she would have to deal with being treated as a stranger by me.

"Baylee, don't start with me," Prue started.

"You know what? I should've known you would oppose it. Because you're afraid to see mom. Afraid to bring back memories you've had to live with since she's died. I don't even have any," I protested back. I stood up quickly and ran up the stairs and slammed the door in my room as I cried on the pillow. I felt a little immature for protesting like that for my mother. It made me feel like a baby. But I wanted to see her so badly.

I sighed as I looked at the blank wall in front of me where the head of the bed faced too as I hugged my pillow. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw sparkling white and gold lights. I turned around quickly on my back and jumped off the bed as I saw a figure appear.

"Grams," I managed to choke out. At first, I couldn't see who it was, but then I saw her. The image of an angel almost, she was beautiful. The strong cheek bones, the eyes, I all remembered in the pictures I saw. It was my mother.

"Mo-mom," I cried letting tears stream down my face as the lights settled and went out. She smiled at me with the most welcoming smile. Now I knew why Prue was always told she looked a lot like our mother.

"Come here Baylee, my daughter," she whispered as she held out her arms to me. I fell into her arms and cried softly as she hugged me and talked to me, telling me it was alright. This was the first time in a long time I had ever opened up to anybody else besides my friends.

I peered over my mother's shoulder as I heard the door open, and there were my sisters; all three of them wide eyed and in awe that our mother was here.

Mom turned around as she let go of me, but kept her arm around me tightly still, "Oh, my beautiful darlings," she whispered happily, "You're all as beautiful as I had imagined."

At that moment, I could tell my sister's didn't even know what to do, but mom held out her arms to them too and they hugged her too. My sister's also started to cry, but only a little.

"I've missed you all so much," mom whispered to us all.

"We missed you too," Prue responded happily.

After a while of standing there, bunched up together, our mother stepped away from us and smiled, "I love you all so much, and I've missed you dearly. You've grown and come a long way from when you weren't witches. I'm sad to say, I must go, but I will be back soon. Be good, and I love you." Then, she folded her hands together and said, "Blessed be," before going away how Grams did.

We all stood again, watching the empty spot from which our mother had left us. Prue put an arm around me and smiled down at me warmly.

"You finally met mom," she whispered happily.