Status: Active. . .

Freeway

Seth

We were all sitting in a booth at Mcdonalds, getting strange look from all the adults in the place, I mean, what are nine rowdy teenagers doing at a mcdonalds in the middle of nowhere? Everyone was talking with one another, and I could immediately tell who was going to get along. While I was looking around at everyone Rose caught my eye and smiled softly. We haven't really gotten the chance to talk one on one so I couldn't wait until we stopped at the next hotel so we could get away from everyone else. It seemed like forever ago that I first contacted her online and we hit it off. I was glad we had decided to meet up for this trip, more so now because without them Atticus, Ethan, and I would have been stranded on the side of the road. I saw Peter look up and glance between us before whispering something to Lyla, before she too looked up at the two of us. Rose blushed lightly under the intense gaze of the two, I'm sure they knew something was up. I think that everyone knew something was up from the way we acted around each other from the time we got into the car until now.

"So," Rose began from across the booth, "how have you been?" I shrugged, "Okay I guess, better now that you all picked us up, and I'm spending time with you. How about you?" I smiled at her, and her grin widened. I liked her smile, even when she was nervous, like she was now, it was still nice. I think we were both a little nervous, I mean hell, who wouldn't be, meeting someone that they met online for the first time. Even though I feel like I know her, and thankfully, she turned out to be the perfectly sane, beautiful girl that I've had the pleasure of getting to know thus far.

"Pretty good, excited that the trip has finally arrived. This summer's going to be great now that you boys are with us, speaking of which, I thought it was only going to be you and your friend Atticus." she asked, I was surprised she remembered that I told her that, I mean I barely remember telling her that.

"Uh, yeah, we actually just kind of picked Ethan up off the side of the road, thank god he hasn't turned out to be a total physcopath." I smiled sheepishly. She just giggled and nodded at me like that was something that anyone would do.

After our little conversation we turned back to the rest of the group, who were currently arguing over where we're headed next. Some people wanted to head north, while others wanted to head south. Personally, I didn't care, I was having a great time with Rose, so where ever she wanted to go, I would probably follow.

* * *


About a half an hour later, we were all crammed back into Peters car and on the road. No progress made on where we wanted to go. Freya and Chrystal had both convinced us all that we needed to make it into the next state over before we stopped and we all agreed with them. It's kind of sad that I don't even know where exactly we are. I don't care where we are to be honest. Nor do I care where we end up, because as of right now, I'm free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys! I know it's been awhile, but we were going through a little bump in the road. Some authors dropped out on us. But it's all good now and hopefully we're back on track. Comments=LOVE.