Status: Active. . .

Freeway

Seth

Tomorrow was the day I was finally out of this house and out onto the highway with the wind in my hair and music blasting from the stereo. This was something I have been looking forward to for a long time; this road trip will be a good thing for me. I guess it could be bad as well, I mean drinking never turned out well for me. Once I start it I can only finish when I am passed out somewhere... most of the time that happens.

My smile grew wide on my face as the thought of the road trip kept crossing my mind. It is all I can think about. I walked around my empty house with that smile still spread across my face; the only thing that was heard in my house was the CD player blasting music. My head bopped to the music playing as I walked into the kitchen pouring myself the brew of my hometown in Australia, Bundaberg Rum.

Everything I did in this house always related back to my life in Australia. I loved it there. I may not have lived in the major cities people know of like Sydney or Melbourne, but I loved my small town. The music scene was something I always dived into and the alcohol... Bundaberg Rum was always my poison closely followed by the traditional Australian beer. Everything was always running so smoothly in my household until the day my mother was killed in a car accident.

A frown slowly crawled on my face as I screwed the lid back onto the Bundaberg Rum bottle before taking a large mouthful of the liquid. Everything changed from that day on, nothing was the same. I hated it and I missed her.

The glassed landed with a thud on the kitchen bench when I took my final mouthful of the alcohol. I slowly walked out of the kitchen with my feet dragging and my finger tips rubbing my temples. It was too quiet in my household; I just want to leave already. With a sigh, I threw my body onto the couch. I reached for my phone on the coffee table and unlocked it. Scrolling down my contacts, I came to the name that has been lately bringing a smile to my face, Rose. I clicked on her name and began to text her.

Rose! Have you left yet? I’m sure you are going to have fun. I can’t wait to leave tomorrow. I need to get out of this house! Hopefully we’ll see each other around somewhere. Keep me updated so we can meet up when we are in the same town. :P x

I hit sent, dropped my phone onto the ground and buried my face into the pillow. Tomorrow I was out of here with Atticus, everything was ready, and everything was packed into my shitty car. It’s not too long now.

---

I kept my eyes squeezed shut as my ringing phone slowly woke me up. It would only be Atticus. My eyes snapped open as his name came into my head. I fumbled around on the lounge chair, soon remembering my phone was on the ground. I snatched it from the ground and answered it.

“See you in fifteen,” Atticus said simply on the other end before hanging up.

“Jerk,” I chuckled to myself as I managed to push myself up from the couch. I ran up the staircase and took a right into my room. Throwing my clothes off from yesterday, I pulled on a fresh pair; plaid button up, jeans, black beanie and my usual pair of black converses.

With a sigh, I grabbed my car keys, mobile phone and my packet of Marlboro cigarettes and marched out of my room, downstairs and into the kitchen. I pulled out a cigarette and placed it in between my lips before grabbing a pen off the counter top writing”See you in a few months, Dad -Seth” on one of the bills stuck on the refrigerator.

I made a dash to the front door. With one last glance around the dead silent house, I opened the door, locking it behind me and made my way to my car sitting in the drive way. My crap Mitsubishi Lancer, I may say some shit about this car, but I know deep down I love it. My Mum got it for me for my sixteenth birthday so it has a special spot in my heart.

I lit up my cigarette as I got into the drivers seat. A smile formed on my face as I slowly exhaled the smoke. Placing it back between my lips, I started the car and buckled up. Poison began to play through the car stereo. A small chuckle escaped as I backed out my drive way and began the short drive to Atticus’

It was time for the road trip and I couldn’t wait to see all the new places.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I apologize. It will get longer, I promise. Also apologizing if I have many spelling/grammar errors. 48 hours and no sleep... not the best idea.

Keep safe and comment.