Status: Active. . .

Freeway

Lyla.

"Hey, scoot over fatass," I told Chyrs, I was squished in the middle between her and Freya, "You're one to talk! Sitting there with a big mac and two large fries!" She laughed at me. I smiled over at her, "Shuddupppp! Peterrrr! How far away are we?" I yelled, even though he was in the drivers seat. "I don't know! We just have to find a motel or something, cause I am not wasting all my money on some nice hotel on the first night on the road!" He said, "Agreed" murmured Rose.

"I'm so bored!" I leaned my head on Freya's shoulder and started to fake cry. Truth is, I wasn't bored at all, I was having the best time in this cramped car with four of my best friends. I was finally free. Gone were the plans my parents had for me, I was done pretending to be happy there, this road trip was a dream come true. I had brought everything (which wasn't much) with me on this trip. I don't plan on going home. I was going to be eighteen in about two weeks, and I figure it'll take them about that much time to finally figure out that I'm gone. Between them being gone on business trips and fawning over their "perfect" Jessica, they never notice me. Which I suppose is okay, it's taught me to be stronger, I'll probably be better off without them anyway.

"Here's one!" Peter called, I glanced up, we were pulling into a small roadside hotel, nothing special, but I was glad it didn't look like something pulled out of a slasher movie. We all got of the car, grateful to stretch our legs, while Chrys walked into the office with all the money since she was the only one who was eighteen at the moment. She was inside for about ten minutes before she come out smiling, with our key cards. We all decided that it would be easier, and cheaper, if we all just got one room with two beds and a cot. I glanced over at Rose, who was always seeming to be on her phone lately. I smiled and rolled my eyes, knowing that it was probably some guy, I swear the girl had a fan club of guys in line waiting for her. So I wondered which one she was talking to.

I looked back over to see Peter fumbling with the key card, he was such a nice guy. Always there when you needed him, even if his home life was shit. Then there was Chrystal and Freya, they were inseparable, it was a nice kind of inseperable though. Not like the kind where they're possesive with each other, they're just closer with each other. We all filed in after Peter finally got the door open. Freya and Chrys would be sharing a bed, Rose and I would be sharing and Peter would get the cot. Speaking of the cot, someone knocked on the door moments later, with the cot. After everyone had caimed their space on the beds, one by one we all began to shower. Once we were all done, it was about 10:00 so we decided we needed to get some sleep if we wanted to be on the road early enough.

- - -


Waking up at 6:00 in the morning wasn't an easy task, none of us were really morning people so we just climbed into the car in our pajamas, hoping to get a little more sleep on the road. But all hopes of that were thrown out the window when Rose's phone started going off at about 6:45, I opened my eyes and looked up to see her with a grin plastered on her face.

"If you don't turn that damn thing on silent or vibrate, I'm going to throw it out the window." I told her, while everyone cracked a smile, Rose just rolled her eyes smiling and put her phone on vibrate. I sighed leaning my head back against Freya, she was a nice pillow. I couldn't fall asleep though, I heard soft breathing coming from either side of me so I just sat up. Peter glanced at me in the rearview mirror and gave a me a small smile before turning his eyes back to the road.

"Wait! Turn onto this!" Rose sqealed, making Freya and Chrys jump awake. "Why?" Peter asked, "Don't worry about it! Just a little detour!" she was smiled so big I thought her face was going to fall off. Peter shrugged and turned onto the exit leading to another road. I smiled and relaxed, I didn't mind, it was just another detour on my trip to nowhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry it took me awhile. I tried to get things going a little in this chapter, for those of you who haven't read the character page, Jessica is Lylas little sister.

Subscribe. (: Comment! <3