Status: Active. For a contest.

The Life Story of Jimmy Melancholy

A Ride Home

Jimmy looked at the clock. One minute. Just one more minute and he was out of this pit of darkness called school. He glanced at his desk, rediscovered the drawing he had been working on and closed his notebook, shoving it his bag that was slung over his shoulder. Just as he flipped over the flap, the bell rang sharply in his ears. He leaped to his feet, raced out of the room, down to his locker, grabbed his coat and was out of the building in less than two minutes.

He was lucky he didn’t have homework that night because he sure wouldn’t have brought it home in his big rush. Then he would be in some deep shit.

Jimmy sighed, pulling up his hood against the sharp wind. The wind made it colder than it really was and it caused goosebumps to rise on his skin from underneath his zip up hoodie. It was Invader Zim and the hood had antennas on it for the character Girr.

Jimmy felt a droplet land on his nose and sighed again. Great. It was going to rain. And just like he predicted it started to pour.

“Fuck me...,” he mumbled and started walking.

There was no sense in hurrying to him. He was going to be soaked anyway and if he got sick, so be it. Hopefully he’ll die. Then he wouldn’t have to keep going home to his father. Jimmy shuddered at that thought.

The rain started to pour harder and Jimmy was thankful he always wore a hoodie, because he would be experiencing some pain right now if he wasn’t. Jimmy crossed his arms, hunching over as he continued to walk. His sneakers were soaked in moments and water sloshed inside them. His toes hurt from the cold and his face was numb. The next fifteen minutes were going to be miserable.

“Hey!”

Jimmy jumped, looking up with wide, startled eyes. The voice had come from an invisible face in a sweet looking Mustang. It had to be a 2010. One glance at it’s side proved his guess.

“You need a ride?”

Jimmy’s eyes narrowed as he looked for a face. “Who are you?”

A boy leaned out, about Jimmy’s age, maybe a little older. He had shaggy dirty blond hair and big, bright blue eyes. “Nick. From your Biology class. Remember?”

Now that he thought about, Nick’s face was familiar. Jimmy sat in the back of the room, so normally all he saw was the back of students heads. But he recognized Nick from when he would walk into class. Nick was the person up in the front row, right next to the door. The guy always seemed to stare at Jimmy from the moment he walked in and the moment he sat in his chair.

“You gonna jump me or somethin’?” He asked, his gaze wary and searching Nick’s expression for any clues of that intention. “I don’t got any money.”

“No, I’m not gonna jump you. Get in the car, Jimmy.”

His eyes narrowed again, but he decided that if Nick really did try to hurt him, he’d rather it be him than his father. So he got in the car. The seat squished when he sat and water pooled all over the pretty leather.

“Sorry ‘bout your seat.”

“That’s alright.”

Nick pressed down on the gas, zipping through the streets like a mad man. Jimmy’s eyes widened considerably and he started to panic. His breathing became frantic, he was hyperventilating. Nick slowed down.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“I - I don’t like going fast in cars. I - I’m a-afraid of car a-accidents.”

“Oh, man. I’m sorry.” Nick pressed the brakes until they were going a safe 15 miles per hour. “Why so scared?”

Jimmy flinched. “My... um, my mum died in a car accident.”

“Oh....” Nick looked away and Jimmy turned to the window, feeling even more awkward than before.

Maybe this was a mistake.

“Hey, my mom’s dead too
.”
Jimmy’s head snapped up and he looked up at Nick. “How?”

“Drug and alcohol addictions.”

“I’m sorry.”

Nick shrugged. “I never really knew her. My dad made me live with my grandparents until she died. After she was gone, he took me back. But... things haven’t been the same.”

Jimmy didn’t speak. He really didn’t want to talk about his father.

“I’m sorry, Jimmy. I’m dumping all this shit on you.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Jimmy muttered, looking out his window again. Water was rolling down the glass and he watched, pretending they were racing and waited to see which one would win.
He saw Nick glance at him from the corner of his eye, but acted like he hadn’t seen it. This really was a mistake.

“Hey, where do you live?”

“Don’t you know that too?”

“Um... no.”

“1401 Bluebird Drive. Ugly ass green house with an old Chevy in the driveway.”

“Thanks.”

Silence covered them once again like a suffocating blanket. Jimmy sighed and rested his head on his arm, closing his eyes. The next thing he knew, he was being shaken awake.
“Jimmy. Jimmy, wake up. Hey, Jimmy. Dude, we’re at your house.”

Jimmy’s eyes fluttered open and Nick smiled, his pretty blue eyes meeting the dull brown of Jimmy’s. His mother used to call them chocolate, but he always saw them as an ugly muddy brown. He thought he himself was ugly.

“You gonna stay awake or are you gonna pass out and I’ll have to carry you inside?”

Jimmy shot up at that statement. Nick couldn’t come inside. He couldn’t. That was the worst thing that could ever happen. His father would be furious.

“No, I can walk by myself thank you.”

Nick’s brows furrowed, but he moved out of Jimmy’s way. Halfway to the door, Jimmy turned back.

“Um, thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” Nick got in his car and drove off.

Jimmy looked at his house and sighed, dread turning into a dead weight on his chest. His stomach twisted as he opened the door, he started to feel sick when he entered the living room, smelling alcohol. He grimaced, walking into the kitchen and filling a glass with water, gulping it down before running up the stairs to escape to his room. He hoped that tonight he could be left alone to the music on his Ipod and the comfort of his bed. Maybe, just maybe, his father won’t even come home tonight and he can order pizza. With a 2 liter of Pepsi and cinnamon sticks... Yeah. Wouldn’t that be something.

Jimmy opened the door to his bedroom and almost screamed at the sight of his father passed out on his bed. So much for that...

Slowly, he attempted to sneak out without awakening him, but as always, whenever you try to be quiet, something really loud always happens. He stepped back and his elbow knocked over a bunch of books on the shelf to his right. He flinched and his father snapped awake with a snort.

Jimmy didn’t move an inch as his father searched the room with squinted eyes. Maybe he won’t see me. Please don’t see me... please .

“Jimmy? ‘Hat you?

Jimmy didn’t say anything until his father got up and stared him right in the face.

“Jimmy?”

“Y-Yeah, Dad?”

“...Why don’t you call me Daddy, anymore?”

“‘Cause I’m not a little kid anymore, Dad.”

“You’ll always be my little boy, Jimmy. Always.”

His father wrapped him up in a hug and Jimmy stiffened, his nose scrunching up at the smell of vodka on his father’s clothes. Smelling that stuff made him want to vomit.

His father’s hands flattened on his back, slid down to his ass and squeezed. Jimmy whined in protest, trying to pull away, but his father’s hold on him tightened. Suddenly, Jimmy could barely breathe, his vision clouded as he panicked.

His father didn’t notice this, he just squeezed his as again, thrusting forward on his pelvis. It caused a friction that Jimmy didn’t want to feel, he didn’t want it to register as good or pleasurable. This was wrong... so very wrong.

“Dad...,” He beseeched, pulling away again. “Dad please... I have homework. Please.”

“This will only take fifteen minutes, Jimmy.”

“Dad please. Tomorrow I promise. You can do whatever you want tomorrow. Just not tonight. I need a break, please. Please.”

His father seemed to pause, think it over. Jimmy allowed himself to relax the best he could at that moment. “Alright. On one condition.”

“Yes, anything.”

“Get on your knees.”

Jimmy sunk to his knees, his cheeks flaming with shame. He knew what was going to happen. His father undid his belt and his pants dropped the floor. Inside his boxers was a bulge and Jimmy felt shivers run down his spine. Disgust for his father and for himself caused his stomach to twist painfully. But this was the only way to get some sort of peace tonight.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The next day at school the oddest thing happened. Jimmy walked into his last class of the day - Biology - and Nick greeted him the moment he stepped into the room.

“Hey, Jimmy!”

Jimmy jumped five feet in the air, then blushed a bright pink from his embarrassing reaction. He hid behind his hair, looking up shyly at Nick.

“Hey...,” he whispered.

“You wanna sit with me today?”

Jimmy furrowed a brow. “Not really...,” he attempted to side pass him, but Nick blocked his path.

“Why not?”

“I like being alone. Can I please go to my seat?”

“Sure.”

Jimmy sighed in relief and rushed to his seat, putting his head down the moment he was there. Not five seconds later he heard the screech of the desk next to him and lifted his head, his eyes widening when he saw Nick. He opened his mouth to say something, but the bell rang.

You have got to be kidding me.

Ugh. Jimmy put his head back down and he could hear Nick rustling around with his notebook, turning pages then frantically writing on it. Jimmy felt a paper slip beneath his hand and he raised his head.

Did I do something wrong?

Jimmy sighed and dug a pencil out of his bag.

No.

How come you wouldn’t sit next to me, then?

Well, I don’t like the front. I don’t like people. And you gave me the impression of being annoying... you’re proving that impression right now.

Nick looked at Jimmy a little hurt.

Sorry.

Jimmy rolled his eyes.

Not your fault. I’m just a sour puss.

Nick chuckled.

You’re cute. Whatcha doin’ tonight?

Uhh... family stuff. And um, thanks.

You free this weekend?

Dunno.

Nick’s lips pursed.

Why don’t you like people?

Personal.

Should I shut up now?

Yes.

The rest of the class period went by quickly and when the bell rang, Nick stopped Jimmy in his rush to get out of class.

“Hey, Jimmy.”

“What Nick?”

“You want a ride?”

Jimmy sighed... “Sure. Why the hell not?”

Nick grinned a big, goofy grin and Jimmy found himself smiling in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I think this chapter is short and I may add more to the chapter when I add the second update. I don't know for sure. It depends on how it all fits in, because this is a really big story.

Comment?