Status: inspired from a song by Brad Paisley....I didn't even know he was on my iTunes. My mom likes him though, lol. Hope you enjoy it (:

We Danced

We Danced

I looked around the empty bar, I closed up shop a few minutes ago. I grab my trusty broom and start sweeping the floor. I hum to myself and get lost in my sweeping. I sing quietly to myself too, along with the song playing over the sound system. Thinking about the variety of customers I had tonight, and then my one regular. I don't know his name, but he orders a pint of Guiness every night. He always sits at the end of the bar, on the second to last stool. He puts his jacket on the empty stool to his left, as if saving it for someone. but nobody ever shows up.

I've thought about starting up a conversation with him, but never had the courage to. He always seemed so lost in his thoughts. A few times he has had a few friends with him, but they would end up leaving hours before closing. He stays until about two minutes before close, then he smiles kindly at me, thanks me for his drink, and leaves. Some nights he has left with women, but it's normally a different one each time and that hasn't happened in awhile. For some reason, I feel weird when he leaves with them. Whispering things into their ears for only them to hear. I would guess I am a bit jealous, but I've never had a normal conversation with him. I have no reason to be jealous...but I guess I am.

There is a knock at the door and I am pulled out of my thoughts. I lean my broom against the bar and walk to the door. I brace myself for whatever or whoever could be standing behind it. It's after two a.m. I open it, and the man is standing there.

"I'm sorry, but we're closed." I say.

"I know, but I believe left my jacket." He says.

"I put one back behind the bar in lost and found. I'm almost positive it's yours."

I walk to the bar and lean down to reach under it. I pull out the cardboard box I use as lost and found and set it on the counter. He is standing on the other side of the bar, watching me intently. I lift the black leather jacket out of the box and hand it to him. It has 'Avenged Sevenfold' on the back, with a little skull with bat wings on it. He smiles, before he looks around the bar.

"Thanks for keeping my jacket safe, Natalie. I love that thing." He says.

"How do you know my name?" I ask, confused.

He motions toward my name tag, and I mentally slap myself in the face. How stupid could I be?! I feel a blush rise to my cheeks and his crystal blue eyes glint with amusment. He lifts his hand and brushes his thumb across my slightly pink cheek, with a smile on his face.

"You're cute when you blush." He says, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. "Thank you." I say. The song on the stero system changes, to Broken by Lifehouse, and a smile spreads across his face. "I love this song." He says. I laugh quietly, I've always been too shy. "I have an idea." He says, a small smirk adorning his features. "What?" I ask. "Come here and let me show you." He says.

I walk around to the other side of the bar into the middle of the empty hardwood floor. He steps closer to me and puts his hands on my waist. "Wrap your arms around my neck, Natalie." He says softly. I wrap my arms around his neck and move closer to him. "What's your name?" I ask quietly. "Jimmy." He breathes. He rests his head on top of mine and we sway from side to side. Moving in a small circle, slow dancing. I can't help but feel how right it is. The lights turned down low, the music playing softly, and being in Jimmy's arms. I look up into his eyes, and his perfect blue eyes meet my dark ones.

We're so close to each other, he would just have to lean down a little bit and our lips would meet. He starts to lean down, and he kisses my lips softly. I kiss him back, and he pulls away a moment later. "I'm sorry." He whispers. I look up into his eyes. "Don't be." I say quietly. "Well, I should probably be going." He says. I nod, "Bye Jimmy." I say quietly. He smiles softly, "Bye Nat, see you tomorrow." He says, before he leaves the bar, his jacket draped over his arm. I sigh, and sit down at the bar. Wow, that was amazing...

~*~

There is no doubt in my mind, I've found the girl I've always dreamed about. I shift uncomfortably on the couch, the ring is burning a hole in my pocket. She's stopping by after work today... I talked to Matt about this, and thought about it long and hard. I know it's the right thing to do, I love her so much. The radio is playing softly in the background, and I try to concentrate on the song to calm myself down.

The front door opens, and she walks in. She looks at me and smiles. I stand up and walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her forehead. "Hi baby." I say, burying my face in her hair. She giggles, "Hi babe." She says, before she gets on her tip toes and kisses the corner of my mouth.

"How was work?" I ask. "It was good, I kinda miss you being there though. You haven't came in awhile." She says, looking up into my eyes. "I had something more important to do today." I say smiling. She looks at me, a confused expression on her face. "Like what?" She asks smiling. I don't answer her, I get down on one knee and her eyes fill up with tears. "This was the last thing I expected." She says, wiping her eyes. I pull the ring out of my pocket and take her hand. "Will you marry me?" I ask.

She smiles, "I'll only marry you on one condition." She says, she pulls me up and wraps her arms around my neck. "Listen, it's our song." She says, motioning toward the radio. I put my hands on her waist, and we dance. "Is that a yes?" I ask, resting my head on top of hers. "What do you think?" She asks, before she kisses my lips gently. I kiss her back, before I whisper "It's definatly a yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
awe (: I thought that was cute. lol well, I'm going to a one-shot for each guy in avenged sevenfold based off of the song We Danced by Brad Paisley. Which is where I got this idea from. They are all going to be different. But you'll be able to tell they're based off this song. Next up is Brian Elwin Haner Jr. (: hope you liked it, comment and tell me what you think. this was different than anything i've ever written before so I'm a little bit on the fence about my feelings for it. not sure if I completly love it. But I like it (: