Greatest Fear

prologue.

William "Bill" Arthur Weasley: The reason for Alexandra Loveheart’s existence.

As the only daughter of a widowed witch who was Head of Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Alexandra was lonely. With a mother that was constantly at work and no siblings, Alexandra filled the hole in her heart with the Weasley family.

She spent her childhood playing quidditch with Charlie, Bill and Arthur, when he wasn't working. For a while it was just the three of them, playing with the garden gnomes and hiding Mrs. Weasley’s aprons from her. Charlie followed the heels of his brother Bill, whom Alexandra was always chasing around. More often than not, Alexandra wished she could be a part of the Weasley family. Even with the arrival of Percy in her third year, and then the twins in her fifth. With the younger ones around, it was like she and Bill could play 'house.'

Alexandra spent her days at Hogwarts with Bill and hardly anyone else. They spent hours studying and doing homework in the Library. When stood up for a date at The Three Broomsticks, Bill gave that pathetic twit a black eye and a face full of boils. After Bills heart was broken in his fifth year, Alexandra was the one to comfort him and make sure that the girl knew that breaking his heart was something she would regret.

Somewhere along the way, perhaps after his heart had been broken, she fell in love with him. And for a while she thought he had fallen in love too.