Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Knowing When It's Serious

Corny was all I could think of when Adam kissed me. With waves crashing around us and spraying us with it's saltiness, nothing else came to mind but its corniness. I had my eyes open the entire time, unable to close them. It wasn't exactly shock or disbelief. It was something that I was expecting and wasn't at the same time. It was weird.

I instantly moved away from Adam, leaving an awkward space in between us. His face was blank as I turned away and ran down the spit of rocks. I know I had dreamed of him kissing me but right now just didn't seem right. I just wanted him to be there for me and I don't think the right answer of comforting me was to kiss me. It might've worked on everyone else but I wasn't exactly everyone else.

I was crazy. Almost killing myself a few moments earlier by attempting to throw myself onto the rocks. My father was a music producer, sleeping with practically everyone in town, including the whore that was my mum. Whore? Yes, my mother was a prostitute that Dave hooked up with at his best friends birthday party.

Daughter of a prostitute and a record producer who couldn't keep his dick inside his pants. I hated him for it and we both were lucky I didn't end up being like either of them.

I planned on keeping this from Adam as long as possible, not wanting to tell him an ounce my "heartbreaking" story. Whatever. There are heaps of people that could've suffered worse things than what I have experienced. My story should mean nothing to Adam. We were two different kinds of people. I was just a musician, knowing the tricks of the trade. He was a world class singer and performer, knowing how to work his craft into something marketable.

I was just a girl who had problems.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I ended up in the park with a bottle of rum, awkwardly wrapped up in the tunnels underneath the slides. Beside the park was a skatepark, skaters roaming around like they had nothing better to do and completely ignoring my presence. I took a long swig of my rum, staring blankly at some place that was now completely out of focus.

I had already drunk half the bottle of rum when one of the skaters approached me and asked, "Hey, you got any you can spare?"

"How old are you?" I slurred, gazing over at the kid that approached me.

"What does it matter to you?" the skater said. I could hardly see his face as it was covered by his long fringe and hoodie.

"I don't want to serve alcohol to minors," I said as I took another long swig of rum and returned to the spot that I was previously staring at.

"And you do know that it's illegal to drink in a public place," the skater said, straightening.

"And illegal to provide minors with alcohol," I said as the skater left.

I began to tap my feet against the plastic tunnel, the beat echoing down the tunnel. I started to make a beat, using various objects around me to make it sound better. Another skater approached me and joined in the beat that I had created, making it sound fuller. Taking another swig, I used the now three-quarter empty rum bottle as an object for rhythm.

"You know I'm not going to give you any of this rum," I said.

"I know," said the voice that became recognisable. "Because you know how much I hate rum. Beer seems more like my thing, don't you think?"

I looked over at the skater that had approached me and realised it was Charlie. I smiled awkwardly and slid down the tunnel, the beat stopping. The remnants of the beat still echoed down the tunnel as Charlie joined me.

"You know what a good cover would be?" Charlie said.

"What?"

"Icky Thump by The White Stripes," Charlie said, looking over at me to see my reaction.

I groaned and said, "You know what I think of Jack White."

"I know," Charlie said. "But it would be an awesome song to do."

"Think of another song we could do," I said, going to finish of the bottle but Charlie took the rum away from me.

I pouted as he took a long swig from the rum bottle, finishing it off. He made a face as he threw the bottle out of the tunnel and his head falling to my shoulder. I laughed, even though nothing was really funny. Charlie collapsed into my lap and my hands subconsciously went to his hair, beginning to stroke it.

"You really didn't have to do that, you know," I said as Charlie lazily looked up at me.

"Had to prove a point."

"Annabelle isn't going to be happy, you know," I said and relaxed against the curve of the tunnel.

"She'll be able to handle it," Charlie said. "I haven't had a drink in a while, so I guess one can do no harm."

"You haven't had a drink since you met Annabelle in your senior year," I groaned. "That's a long time and a fucking pathetic excuse for not drinking."

"What stopped you all these years from drinking again?" Charlie asked as he held his hands up in the air and studied them.

"I didn't want to do anything stupid that I would regret," I said.

"Fair call," Charlie commented, letting his hands fall to his stomach. "What about kissing Adam?" I stiffened at that, Charlie obviously feeling my reaction by the tightening of my fingers upon his hair. "Careful of the hair!"

"Sorry," I said and removed my hands from his hair.

"So what about it?" Charlie pushed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"How did you know?" I said, trying to erase those memories of Adam and me upon the spit.

"Just because you've left home doesn't mean you forget who you are," Charlie said, making a fair point.

Too many things had happened to be over the last twenty-four hours that I had lost track of practically everything. Even myself. Here I was, in a tunnel, finishing off a bottle of rum with my best guy friend in the world that I had known since my mother had died.

"Sometimes I hate the fact that I've spent so much time with Adam," I admitted.

"It can have its consequences," Charlie said as he shifted from my lap and got out of the tunnel. "Like the skater who approached you earlier. Paid by the reporters across the way."

I tensed and looked up at Charlie, unbelieving and said, "What are you talking about?"

"We better leave soon before it get's hectic," Charlie said and extended his hand out towards me.

I took his hand and he pulled me out of the tunnel. Together, we walked quickly across the park to my car. He had obviously found my keys in the apartment after I walked to the restaurant this morning. I had no idea what time it was now but I was guessing it was sometime in the late afternoon. I had spent almost the entire day at the park, getting drunk off my socks.

I glanced up to see the reporters that Charlie was talking about behind the tree. They got up from their positions when they saw us. Charlie quickly pushed me into the front passenger seat as he went to the drivers seat. It wasn't long before he started up the car and the paparazzi was upon us. Charlie pulled out of the spot he had parked in and drove down the road like a maniac.

I was praying to God that the police didn't pull us over as we raced down the street. We managed to reach Charlie's house in record time and pulled into the garage. I practically fell out of the car as I opened the door. My head almost hit the pole that Charlie had parked next to and used it to help me to straighten.

I heard a snort coming from Charlie as I shut the door behind me. He came and slipped an arm around my waist, pulling me across the car park to the foyer. I leaned lazily against the mirrored walls of the lift, Charlie pressing his floor number. There was an elderly lady giving Charlie and I disgusted looks as we all travelled in the lift together. I gave her a smirk and poked my tongue out at her as we left the lift.

I laughed at the face she made as the lift doors closed and Charlie pulled me to his apartment. We both practically fell into the apartment, Charlie nosily shutting the door behind us. Thank God Annabelle was at her store and didn't come home until late. She would have thrown me out for being a bad influence on Charlie.

The moment I was thrown onto the couch bed by Charlie, I would like to say that I fell asleep instantly. My mobile began ringing as I lay out on the couch. As I scrambled for my mobile phone, Charlie joined me on the couch bed and falling asleep like I would have wanted to. I eventually found my mobile and recognised Dave's number upon the screen. I moaned and declined the call, turning onto my stomach to attempt to fall asleep.

I placed my iPhone upon the arm of the couch bed and the instant I set it down, it began ringing once more. I groaned. The call soon rang out and a message confirmed that someone had called. It wasn't long before I heard my mobile ringing again.

After the third or fourth time, I forget, my mobile rang, I hauled myself from my position to see who was calling. I saw Slash's agent was calling me. When I saw that, I was instantly sober and awake. If she was calling me out of all people, I knew it had to be serious.