Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Phone Calls and Alcohol

"Hello?" I said in a croaky voice.

"I know we don't like speaking to each other but I swear this is serious."

That was the strangest opening to a call I have ever heard in my life. Seriously. What kind of person would say that to a person, over the phone, when the other line picks up? This woman was either high or just plain insane.

"What do you want?" I said.

"Meet me at Sinai in twenty. That's all I'm giving you."

When I tried to reason with her that I was currently not in any state to be anywhere apart from my bed, she hung up the phone and left me with that annoying beeping noise after someone hangs up. I groaned and pulled myself out of bed. Charlie was still asleep in the couch bed as I made my way to the kitchen. I caught a glimpse of the clock as I scrounged around for a red bull in the fridge. The clock flashed 7:43, making me do a double take.

When Charlie dragged me home from the park, half drunk (well, a little more than that), it had still been light outside. Around four-thirty, maybe. You could not imagine how fast I move out that door, taking my keys as I sprinted down the emergency exit and into the car park. I quickly skulled the red bull as I got into my car and started it.

I was at the hospital in a flash, despite my crazy driving and running through multiple red lights to get there. As I got out of my car, I questioned why I was running to the hospital so fast. Why was I even here? Why was I even doing what Slash's agent was asking of me?

When I walked into the foyer of the hospital, everything seemed to fall into place. I saw Slash's agent pacing the room, her head down in thought. The rest of the room was filled with people that I didn't recognise. When his agent looked up and saw me, she quickly motioned me to follow her. I did without a second though.

I stumbled a couple of times as we went down the hallway to a lift, my drunken state still with me. She pressed the up button furiously and entered the lift when it finally came to our level. We stood alone in the lift as it transported us up to the level she had pressed. Her face crinkled as the doors closed and looked over at me, glancing at me up and down.

"What have you been doing?" she questioned me, her voice even more annoying in real life.

"What does it matter to you?" I asked, staring straight ahead.

She made a disgusted noise as we exited lift. I followed her down the hallway, the hospital smell beginning to get to me. We finally stopped at a door at the end of the hallway and she opened the door, but going in. I gave her a questioning look as she ushered me in and shut the door roughly behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder at the closing door before looking at the figure upon the bed. A tearing woman sat upon a seat in the corner of the room beside the bed. I moved closer towards the bed a realised it was Slash upon the bed and his wife that I had never met personally beside the bed in the seat. My heart caught in my throat as I saw his disfigured body and pale skin.

Slash's wife looked up at me as I walked towards the bed and looked down at Slash. Tears were streaked down her face and her make-up smudged from crying. I felt sorry for her even though I didn't really know her that well or what happened to Slash that made him end up in such a state. I continued to study Slash, seeing his chest wrapped in bandages and blood starting to seep through.

"What happened to him?" I asked softly.

"Didn't she tell you?" his wife said, sniffing.

"We don't have the best relationship," I said, continuing to study Slash's wounds.

"She's like that with many people," his wife continued. "I'm Perla, by the way."

Perla got up from her seat and extended her hand towards me. I shook her hand, giving her a weak smile, saying, "I'm Kassie."

"I know," Perla said as she sat back down. "Saul won't stop talking about how amazing you are at guitar." I blushed at this. "Nothing to be ashamed about."

"I'll just have to get used to it," I said, returning my gaze to Slash. "So, what happened?"

"You might want to sit down for this."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked out of there, depressed as I had ever been with a headache worse than any hangover could bring on. I walked into the foyer and stopped right in the middle of the room, not knowing what to do. I offered Perla to stay with Slash while he recovered so she could go home to her children but she blatantly refused, not matter how much I tried to convince her she needed some rest.

I eventually relented and found myself in the foyer of the hospital, practically alone at one am in the morning. My stomach grumbled, saying that it needed food. I knew of no places that would be open at this hour, serving food, so I had no choice to go back to Charlie's place and try to get something to eat there.

I didn't know what Annabelle would think of me coming home at such hour, smelling of alcohol with the excuse I was in hospital visiting a friend that had just been admitted. I had to deal with what I had to deal with and eventually made my way out of the hospital towards my car. I made it back to Charlie's without the police chasing after me, even though it was a Saturday night.

When I walked up to Charlie and Annabelle's apartment, I found my things at the front of their door. They were neatly folded up into a pile outside the door with a sticky note on top of it. I picked up my things, ripping the sticky note off the top of my things and read, "Don't think of ever coming back here again. A."

Without thinking, I searched for a pen upon my being before finally resorting to using one of my eyeliner pencil's to write a note on the other side of the sticky note, "Don't expect Charlie to feel any happier. K." I stuck the note on the door and went down the hallway to the lift. I was back in the car park in a second, dumping my things into the back seat before letting myself out of the car park.

I ended up parking in a space looking over the beach. I searched my clothing for a pair of shorts and a singlet top, changing into them without showing any of my bits despite what time of night it was. I was out on the beach quicker than I thought, running towards the freezing cold water.

When my feet touched the water, I shivered slight but forced myself to deal with the coldness. I needed to clear my mind and right now, this was the only way I could think of. The haze around my mind began to disappear, but still held a presence. I dove into the water, relishing in the fact that I was being washed clean in multiple ways. When I resurfaced, I had to rub my eyes thoroughly to get most of the make-up I had on wiped from my features.

By the time I had finished, I had been knocked over by another wave and pulled underwater. I let myself be taken by the current before forcing myself upwards to the surface once more, taking a deep breath. Looking out to the shore to see if my car was still in tact, I saw someone sitting casually on the bonnet. I couldn't see who it was from this far out and not knowing who it was just made me curious to see who it actually was.

I swam back into the shore, pushing my hair back behind my ears and being pushed forward by the waves, the person sitting on the car became clearer. I paused at the edge of the water and the sand, staring at who leaned upon my car.