Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Five Times A Victim

Adam and I sat in his car outside the hospital. Each of us held a cup of coffee that we got from Starbucks on our way to the hospital. Adam glanced over to me, eyebrow raised.

"So, what's the story?" Adam asked.

I took a deep breath, saying, "Slash has been shot."

Adam tensed and said, "Who buy?"

"That's what Perla wanted me to come in about," I said, Adam giving me a questioning look when I mention Perla's name. "Perla is Saul's wife." Adam nodded, understanding. "I went into see them after getting a call from Slash's agent, manager, or whatever she is. This was yesterday night before I ended up at the beach yesterday where you found me."

"Why is she asking you to come in again?" Adam said, taking a long sip from his coffee.

"Since I'm in good standing with Saul," I said. "I guess they want to question me too and since they don't have a permanent residency for me yet, they got Perla to call."

"Then why bring me along?"

"Because I didn't know who else to bring with me," I said, seeing a small smile spread across Adam's lips. "If you think about it, my father and I don't talk. My mother is dead and I'm an only child."

"You're mum's dead?" Adam questioned, a concerned look crossing his features.
"And what happened with the place you were staying before?"

"That's a whole different story about my mother," I said, knowing I had messed up when I mentioned my mother. That plan went out the window. Woospie. "And Charlie's girlfriend kicked me out because she caught Charlie on the couch, passed out because he had a few drinks when he came to bring me out of my misery in the park."

"That's where you went after you left me out there."

"I'm sorry about that," I said, finishing off my coffee. "I thought about it later and realised how bad I felt about it."

"I forgive you," Adam said as he finished off his drink and turned to me. "Ready to head up?"

I slowly nodded as we both slipped out of the car towards the hospital. We walked into the hospital together, a few people littering the foyer as we made our way to the elevator. The awkward elevator music filled the silence between us as we made it to the level Slash was being held upon and walked out into the hallway.

I think the police men spotted us before we did them because one of the began to approach us before we even left the elevator. The police man that approached us stopped us and turned to me, asking, "Kassie McDonald?"

"How can I help you?" I asked, noticing Adam's presence closer to me than I might've liked. I did ask him to support me so I couldn't complain.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" the police man asked as he glanced up at Adam. "Alone?"

"Mr. Lambert, here," I said firmly. "Is here upon my asking for support in this tough situation."

"You and the victim were close, then?" the police man questioned.

"Do you have somewhere more private we can go?" I asked, unconsciously taking Adam's hand as the police man nodded and lead us down a hallway to a nurses station.

I don't know why I took Adam's hand. It's like what I said earlier, his hand felt right in mind although I don't think us going any further than friends would benefit either of us. Disappointing, I know, because I liked him much more than I hoped I would but time can only tell us what could actually happen. All I, we, had to do was wait.

The police man sat on one side of the table at the nurses station while Adam and I sat on the other. There was a coffee cup in front of the police officer as he offered to make one for each of us. We both refused kindly as he pulled out his iPad and opened up a new document. It was a change from the usual pen and paper but if this man could afford to bring his iPad out here, why not?

"Do you mind me calling you Kassie?" the police man asked as he looked up from his iPad.

"That's fine."

"I'm Sgt. Matthews," the police man said. "And I'm just going to be asking you a few questions and you are going to answer them as truthfully as possible." When I nodded, he glanced down at his iPad for his first question. "How long have you and Saul know each other?"

"Since 2009 when he recorded his album," I said. "I worked closely with him to get a good sound upon his guitar for his recording. He had a pretty good idea of what he wanted, though."

"You're a musician?"

"I'm daughter of Dave McDonald," I said as I watched his eyes widen. "His a record producer and I was helping him produce Slash's record and yes, I am also a musician."

Sgt. Matthews instantly pulled out his walkie talkie and called another police man into the room. The person he called was in the room in a flash and extended his hand towards me. I pulled my hand from Adam's and shook the man's hand. I stood as I did so.

"Your job is done here, Sgt.," the man said as Sgt. Matthews nodded his head and left the room. "You can take your seat, Madame."

"You can just call me Kassie," I said as I sat back down on the seat and my hand instantly going back to Adam's.

"As you wish," the man said as his eyes floated to Adam. "Why are you here? Do you have any business with our victim?"

"He has business with me," I said firmly. "A support."

"Has he had any direct contact with the victim?" the man asked.

"The day before he came here, I was working with him, my band and Kassie, here, on a few songs on my new album," Adam said, his voice unwavering. My heart expanded in pride. I don't know why but my body was acting really strangely lately.

"Is that so?" the man said as his eyes turned back to me.

"May I ask..." I said, studying his dark features. "Who are you?"

"Cheif Redman," he said. "The man who is leading this investigation on who exactly hurt our victim like he did."

"Do you have any suspects?" I asked, intregued.

"The reason why you're interview was so short with Sgt. Matthews," Redman said, leaning towards me and clasping his hands. "Is because we have reason to believe your father, David McDonald, shot Saul Hudson five times before fleeing the seen."