Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Here To Stay

I wasn't really that surprised, actually, which was quite strange. What the fuck was wrong with me? Why wasn't I more surprised that Dave would do something like that? He just shot one of the greatest guitarists of our time five times and put him in hospital and was now a suspect of a criminal investigation! And not to mention the fact the is my father and only living relative that I know of, or that he has told me about anyway.

Redman studied me intently, looking for a reaction. When I gave him none, he pulled back from me and sighed. What he didn't see, though, was how hard my hand was gripped onto Adam's. What I was surprised at was that Adam managed to keep his composure, no matter how hard I gripped his hand. I either must be really weak or he must be able to endure large amounts of pain. I was also thankful that he was here and agreed to join me, even if he had to sit through all this.

"Are you okay?" Chief Redman said, his eyes still studying me.

"I don't know what to say," I said honestly.

"That's understandable," Redman said. "Upon revealing this information and Mr. Lambert here, I bid you to keep this quiet and away from the media eye. I have one more question though." He paused, waiting for an answer from either Adam or I and when he didn't get one, he continued. "Do you have any reason to believe why Mr. McDonald would do such a thing?"

My lips thinned. Redman's eyes snapped onto me and studied my reaction. Since he was the Chief of Police, I suspected he was an expert at reading reactions and he was studying mine at that very moment. I possibly had an idea at what could have made Dave do such a thing but I wasn't sure if I should say. I hesitantly looked at Adam before looking back at Redman.

"A lot has been happening over the last few days that it would be hard to remember a specific event that would trigger Dave to attack Saul like he did," I said.

"Did Dave and yourself have any fights over the last few days?" Redman asked, his eyes boring through me.

I nodded regrettably, saying, "Adam dropped me home about two days ago since I was unable to drive myself home due to certain circumstances. When I returned home, I found Dave and Kim Kardashian on the couch in the studios underneath my room."

"That's where the photograph came from," Redman said.

"Unfortunately, yes," I said, sighing. "I was intoxicated at the time and did not fully remember putting the photograph upon my blog."

"And what does this have to do with your father committing the incident?" Redman said. I cringed at the question, not liking how he put it together.

"He tried to have multiple conversations with me about the photograph, as well as Kris Jenner, Kim's manager, about taking the photograph down," I said.

"She was very busy collaborating with myself to create my new album," Adam said, squeezing my hand. "I take some of the responsibility for Kassie not being able to attend to these issues."

Redman's eyes were still intently fixed upon me as Adam spoke, it's intensity unwavering. It was beginning to worry me because I couldn't figure out what he was thinking. What Adam and I could be saying could lead us into a trap that we couldn't get out of, he could have us already and neither of us could know.

"I had not spoken to Dave since I moved out of home a day before I was called by Slash's manager to notify me of Slash's condition," I said. "I had no idea what had happened since I left home."

"Where were you staying when you left your home?" Redman asked.

"I was staying at my best friend Charlie's house," I said. "But I was forced to find other accommodation since his misuses did not appreciate my presence."

"She is staying with myself now," Adam said, his hand moving from my hand to my leg.

Unconsciously, I placed my hand upon his. Although in my conscious mind I did not like the fact that Adam and I were acting so intimately, I knew somewhere deep within me that it was the right thing to do. It felt right as well, even though my mind utterly rejected the idea.

"And you think sometime during that time, Dave committed the crime?" Redman said.

"I believe so."

"Do you know of anything else?" Redman asked, his gaze drawing back and the intensity fell away making me instantly relax.

"No, sir," I said, feeling Adam's hand gently rub my leg.

"The I have no further questions," Redman said and stood up from his seat. "You are free to leave but you maybe contact in the future incase anything further decides to reveal itself."

I gave Redman a strange look as he said that. Adam and I stood up, nodding towards Chief Redman as we left the room. Our hands disjointed as we continued down the hallway and into the elevator. When the elevator doors closed, Adam embraced me and I didn't move away. In that moment, I broke down and just started to cry. I was embarrassed that I had broken down in front of him but I just couldn't help it, so you can stop being so critical.

When the elevator doors opened up again, I had to wipe my eyes brusquely as we left the hospital. Reaching Adam's car, we just sat motionless for a few moments. Adam looked over at me and touched my cheek lightly. I looked over at him, tears beginning to soak my cheeks again.

"You look so beautiful when you cry," Adam said, emotion filling his voice.

"Stop being so nice," I said, turning away from him.

"Just because you've been treated like shit all your life doesn't mean that you have to be treated like that always and forever," Adam said.

"Doesn't mean that you have to start treating me like you want to get into my pants," I said, annoyed.

"Can't a guy be nice without having an alterior motive of wanting to get in your pants?" Adam exclaimed.

"That's all you guys want," I said, turning back to Adam. "Right?"

"Wrong," Adam said, taking my chin and forcing me to look in his magnificent blue eyes. "May I remind you that I am in a relationship and not doing this out of sheer obligation or because I want to get in your pants. I am doing this because you have quickly become one of the most talented and beautiful best friend I have come to know. You need someone to be there for you because you don't have anyone else you can lean on. You need someone like me so suck it up because I'm here to stay."

With that, Adam kissed me lightly on the lips. Suspecting that I would move away, Adam pulled back before I could. This time, though, I didn't pull away at all. I held him there and slipped my hands around his neck. This is the closest we had ever been and for once, I threw my conscious thoughts out the window and let myself indulge in this situation.