Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Calling Off The Missing Persons Unit

"Hello?"

It was weird hearing Charlie's voice on the other side of the line. It was like discovering the phone existed and you were using it for the first time. It was like you hadn't seen you best friend in years and you were finally reunited with them. It was a strange feeling hearing Charlie's voice again and it had only been one day since I had seen and spoken to him last. It took a bit of courage to actually say something back to his words, another ounce of courage to actually call him.

"Hey, Charlie," I said weakly. "It's me."

There was an awkward silence over the phone, a faint crackling sound filling the void. I sighed and floated around Adam's lounge room before falling onto the couch, my hand over my eyes and completely oblivious to everything around me.

"Look," I said, not wanting to drag the void out any longer. "I'm sorry for anything that Annabelle did to you after you brought me back from the park..."

"Who the fuck do you think you are, Kassandra McDonald?"

My brows furrowed and my hand falling onto my stomach as I recognised the voice. It was Annabelle's and she obviously wasn't happy that I called. I wasn't happy that i called the moment that she picked up the phone! You practically just didn't want to be on her bad side. if you were, like I was in this particular situation, there was no way out of it. You were dead meat. Gone. I just wasn't looking forward to what was about to happen.

"Annabelle!" I said, faking pleasantries. "How are you? Haven't seen you in a bit."

"Yeah, well, I think you know the reason why you haven't seen me in a bit."

"Ooh," I said, instantly scrapping the plan to be pleasant. "I wonder why."

"Don't be a dick, Kassandra."

"I'm afraid I don't happen to have one," I said, fiddling with my nails and holding them up above me. "And I think you might have stolen Charlie's to."

"How dare you speak to me like that."

"How dare you kick me out of your apartment knowing that I had no where else to go!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands over my shoulders.

"You know my reasons."

"Yeah, because you want to keep your little Charlie under control and not let him live his life," I retorted, relaxing back into the couch.

"Intoxication in my household will not be tolerated."

"Oh, shame," I sighed. "Glad I'm out of there, then. Don't know how long Charlie survived."

"That's why I've called."

"Not to annoy the shit out of me?" I said, slightly disappointed. "Shame. I was looking forward to the entertainment."

"Oh, just shut up and listen to what I have to say alright?"

"You have my attention, Annabelle," I said, gazing at the roof.

"Last night, Charlie went out and didn't come back."

"I wonder were he could've gone..." I said, not the slightest bit worried.

"That's what I wanted to ask you."

"Well, I haven't the slightest clue, I'm sorry," I said.

"You don't even sound the slightest bit worried! What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you?!" I said, sitting up on the couch. "You're like an absolute control freak!"

"There needs to be control in people's lives, Kassandra. People can't just rampage around and not think of the consequences."

"Besides, Annabelle," I said. "If Charlie is missing, who picked up the phone?"

"That was my brother, he came over to help me look for Charlie."

"That still doesn't make sense," I said, trying to put the pieces together. "If that wasn't Charlie when the other end picked up, how come Charlie doesn't have his mobile with him?"

"You could tell me."

I sighed and looked around the room. I saw Adam go to the door and a pizza man appearing on the other side. He handed Adam a stack of pizza's, Adam awkwardly paying the pizza guy before he left. My lips thinned as I made a quick decision.

"I might have an idea of where he might be but right now," I said, getting up from the couch. "I'm caught up in the middle of something. I get onto it as soon as I can."

Before Annabelle could say a word more, I hung up the phone and walked towards Adam. He looked up at me and smiled as he set down the pizza boxes onto the bench. I walked around the bench so that I stood next to Adam, studying his features. Noticing our closeness, Adam turned slightly to me, making a little more space in between us.

"Hope you like supreme," Adam said as he separated all the boxes from each other.

I looked down at the pizza and sighed, moving away from Adam and threw myself back onto the couch, wondering what was going on with my life. I heard people coming through the door, assuming it was Camilla, Tommy and Monte. They instantly went for the pizza Adam had set out on the bench but it wasn't long before I heard a shuffling of feet walking towards me.

Looking up, I saw Tommy standing there with two boxes of pizza, eyebrow raised. I smiled weakly at him and sat up on the couch, making room for him. I reached for the remote to the epic screen of a television and relaxed next to Tommy. He handed me a whole box of pizza, making me look at him weird. He gave me a questioning look, wondering what he had done.

"I just think it's a little worrying how well your starting to know me," I said, flicking the television to a random channel and opening the pizza box.

The random channel that I flicked it to happened to show "American Idol", which made me laugh. It was kind of ironic because Adam had just reached the final stage of the competition and here they were, showing season nine. I think they were l to the top one hundred at this point. I hadn't been really watching the show, well this season anyway.

I looked down at what pizza Tommy had given me and saw that it was ham, cheese and pineapple. My favourite. Seriously, where was this guy getting all his intel? I looked to Tommy and narrowed my eyes. He had half a pizza shoved in his mouth, making me laugh. He finished his piece of pizza and began to question my motives.

"What is wrong with you?" Tommy said. "Laugh at a poor man trying to eat."

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call you a man," I said, edging my way to the other side of the couch knowing that I was going to get shut down for my big mouth.

"I have a dick, don't I?" Tommy said, setting down his pizza box beside him on the couch. "Does it make me less of a man because I publicly kiss Adam?"

"No," I said, seeing him move towards me and come uncomfortably close. "I just said something I didn't mean and shouldn't have said."

Tommy's face hovered near mine and his eyes narrowed, saying, "We might be friends, Miss McDonald, but you have to watch you mouth sometimes."

With that, Tommy moved away from me and sat back beside his pizza on the other side of the couch. I stayed in my position for a little while, wondering what had just happened. I slowly got up from my position and settled myself into the corner of the couch with my pizza. A doorbell could be heard ringing through the house and I looked to the door to see who it could be. Adam walked to the door with a bottle of unopened wine in his hand. Opening the door, he was faced with my missing friend.