Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Moments of Heartbreak and Passion

I woke up the next morning feeling tired and sore. I stretched out my body and looked over my shoulder to see that Charlie had disappeared from the bed. Groaning, I eventually slid out of the bed, my hair going everywhere and totally uncontrollable. I retied it and floated out into the lounge room, seeing Adam by the stove cooking something. Seeing Adam by the stove, my heart started feeling strange, filling with the feelings that I had been having for him.

People say that you should follow your heart in whatever your doing but with Adam, I was so confused. My heart said that there was a connection between us while my conscious mind refused to have any contact with him apart from the friendship we had, no matter how shaky. We were friends and that's how I liked it. I just knew that it somehow wasn't going to end up like that.

Going to Adam, I hoisted myself onto the bench beside the stove and picked up the chocolate chip pancakes that he had made. I studied them intently, Adam finally acknowledging my presence. He put a few more pancakes on the plate that I was holding and when he saw that I was going for a little bit of one, he slapped my hand away. I gave him a hurt look as he turned off the stove and moved to the cutlery draw, taking out a fork.

He moved back to me and took a little bit off one of the pancakes he had just made. He lifted the fork from the plate and held it in front of my lips. I wasn't happy about the fact that Adam was feeding me. I was my own person and I could help myself, I didn't need someone else to help me. As my heart led me to do something I knew I didn't want to do, along with the expectant look of Adam, I ate the piece he offered me.

It was amazing that his food actually tasted amazingly as it smelled. I touched my lips and smiled as he set down the fork, saying, "Do you like it?"

"It was amazing," I said, taking the plate to the bench and taking a seat on one of the stools. "I'm just wondering what else you can make."

Adam laughed as he placed some cutlery onto the bench and picking up a fork, saying, "This is all I can make, unfortunately."

"Lies," I heard Charlie say as he walked into the room, not surprising me that Camilla lurked closely behind him. "If Adam can make that, he can probably make anything. I just hope it's as good as it smells."

Charlie took a seat by the bench next to me and Camilla next to Charlie. I studied them as the reached for a fork and we all shared the pancakes. I noticed that Charlie's lips were swollen and he had hickeys all along his neck. I quickly looked to Camilla and noticed that her lips were swollen, but there were little to no hickeys upon her own neck. Noticing that I was looking, Camilla glanced over at me and blushed, embarrassed. I smiled.

"You just wake up, Kassie?" Charlie asked as I got up from my seat and moved towards the sink.

"Yeah, just now," I said, washing my fork before heading back to the bench. "How long was I out for?"

I took my place beside Adam, standing a fair distance from him but when he noticed that I was standing a fair distance from him, he moved closer. Although I didn't like it, I had to deal with it. I didn't want to raises suspicions with Charlie and Camilla but I knew that Charlie was smarter than that. He noticed how Adam moved closer to me, how his eyes searched my body and ran along my features. He smiled to himself, knowing he was getting some satisfaction from embarrassing me as I embarrassed him just moments earlier.

"You were out all day yesterday," Charlie said. "A day I guess."

I froze at this, my mind going instantly to Dave. I knew that he had a court case the day after he called me and if I had slept an entire day, I missed him being in court. I knew it was imperative that I had to be there and since I practically overslept, by a day, I knew I had done something bad. Adam gave me a concerned look as I thought this all through and when I sprinted from the bench to the guest room.

I searched the room for my iPhone and when I eventually found it, I saw that I had an missed call from an unknown number. I called it back and began pacing the room, that annoying ringing tone filling my ears. Adam stood by the entrance to the room, leaning against the door and watching me pace the room.

When someone picked up on the other end, i jumped in surprise, hearing the person say, "Chief Redman."

"Mr. Redman!" I said, looking to Adam. "I'm sorry I missed your call!"

"I'm sorry you will never see your father again."

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, my hand going to my heart.

"You missed the court case for your father yesterday. I called to see where you were, multiple times."

I looked up to Adam and moved instantly towards him, putting the mobile phone on loudspeaker, saying, "With you saying that, I think I'm sorry to."

"And so you should be but now that I have managed to reach you, I have something to get across."

"Speak now or forever hold your peace," I said and I realised that i was something I shouldn't have said, especially to someone who was practically the head of LAPD.

"I would advise you to not say something of that nature ever again. As for your father, David McDonald, he been found guilty for attempted murder of Saul Hudson. I am asking that you come downtown to my office to clear a few things up that cannot be done over the phone. I can also escort you to see your father if you wish."

Adam and I looked to each other, astounded. I knew that with what he did to Slash that he didn't have any chance of being freed, with Charlie seeing what happened and all. I took a deep breath as Adam embraced me tightly, his arms fitting nicely around my waist and his hands feeling comfortable upon my stomach. I rested my head upon his chest and even though he was at least a head taller than me, he rested his cheek upon the top of my head.

"Are you still there, Miss McDonald?"

"Yes, Mr. Redman," I said slowly, my voice shaking and Adam's embrace around me tightened when he heard my quivering voice. "I will make sure that I make my way down to the station this afternoon. I have other business to attend to this morning."

"Would you like me to make arrangements for you to see your father?"

"I am afraid today will not be appropriate to see him," I said, taking a deep breath to calm myself. "Tomorrow maybe."

"I will see what I can do, Miss McDonald. I will be seeing you this afternoon."

Before he could hang up, I blurted out, "How long has he been imprisoned for?"

There was a silence on the other end of the mobile. Adam and I held our breath, further pushing the deafening silence that pressed against our ears. I took a few haggard breaths as I looked up at Adam, our eyes boring into each others as we waited for an answer from the Chief of Police. I t was a while before we received an answer and if we didn't receive one soon, who knows what Adam and I would've done in that moment.

Twenty-five years, with parol."

My breath got stuck in my throat and I made a strange noise. I stayed like that for a moment when I finally pushed myself to say, "I'll see you this afternoon."

With that, I hung up the phone and Adam fully embraced me. We fell against the wall since Adam could hardly support the both of us anymore. His head was buried in the crook of my neck and my hands around his neck, holding him there. We both cried together. Confusing as it may sound, and as much as you might know about how much my father and I hate each other, he was the last family member that I had left and to hear that he was in jail was heartbreaking to me.

I knew that he would be out in twenty-five years, but I didn't know if he would be able to survive it and if he did manage to get out, after those long twenty-five years, half my life would have gone past without him. I might have had a family by then and married, without someone to walk me down the aisle. There were so many things that could have happened in that time that will have changed us both.

I had to make myself stronger and stop crying, to take Adam's face in my hands and make him look at me like he did when I was weak and upset. I don't know why he was crying. Maybe it was because of the heartbreak he knew I might be feeling at that moment, of the loss of the last member of my immediate family that was still living or that I knew of. He might have felt for me because I just lost my father to a jail sentence of twenty-five years for attempted murder of a celebrity, a great musician.

All I knew was that my heart went to him for caring for me so much, despite the tension that was held between us. The unwanted romance on my behalf and trying to be the reasoning force in my rage at him and his friends. My heart was totally his in that moment, sorry for all the pain that I cause him over the last few days and for ruining his totally normal and perfect life with my chaotic and destructive one.

With my quivering lips, I said, "I am so, so, so sorry for ruining your perfect life with my destructive one. I am so, so, so sorry for all the pain I have caused you over the last few days. I apologise sincerely and deeply for what I have caused you."

In that moment, I was surprised that Adam didn't kiss me as if it would make everything right. What made my heart soar, though, was his beautiful sapphire blue eyes filling with tears. It was a beautiful sight even when I knew the tragedy that lied behind it. His heart was with me as mine was with his. It was like as if we were one combined force, something utterly and totally beautiful.

His fingers stroked my cheeks as he said, "What are you apologising for? I am the one that should be doing just that, for being rude and immature in those times when you needed kindness and care. Thank God for Tommy, otherwise I don't know how immature I would have been."

"If this isn't turning you on, I don't know what's wrong with you," Charlie said from the kitchen bench, staring at us like a stunned mullet.

Adam and I looked to Charlie, laughing. My focus shifted back to Adam, kissing him upon the nose. He smiled at me in response, saying, "Come one, we have some business to attend to."