Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

The Star of an Ordinary World

I smiled at this and fiddled with some of my hair.

"Kassie," I replied. "Daughter of Dave McDonald, record producer to the stars."

"So you're the girl that Dave was talking about," Adam said as the waitress returned with my second drink and lightly placed it beside my first drink.

She cocked her head to the side and said, "Can I get you guys anything else?"

"Can I get the beef burrito?" Adam said as the waitress turned to me with thin eyes.

"The beef burger with chips," I said, finishing off my first glass of scotch.

"My pleasure," she said through thinned teeth, taking the empty glass and menus with her as she left.

Adam pulled a face as she left, causing me to laugh. He took a long sip of his drink and moaned as he did so. Adam reached hallway through the glass before he set it down and let out a sigh.

"Totally needed that," Adam said.

"Never really been into the sugary drinks," I said, studying his face for the first time since I had met him.

"More of a hard liquor kinda gal?"

"You go it."

Adam smiled and leaned towards me.

"So you're Dave's daughter?" Adam said. "His little protege?"

I nodded and said, "He has a habit of calling me that. Get's kind of annoying."

Adam fell back in his seat, saying, "I was talking to him over the phone the other day when I was in search of a new producer and he wouldn't stop talking about you."

"Good thing you bumped into me at the studios then," I said, taking a sip of my drink.

"Yeah, it was," Adam said. "I was on my way to have a meeting with him there since he said was working on another project and could meet me after he had finished."

"Guess he had other plans," I said as I ran my finger around the top of the glass.

"And you won't be going home for a while, then?" Adam said.

"You got it."

"More the reason to keep you out."

"Oh, I'm not into the clubbing scene."

"Who says we're going clubbing?"

Adam wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed softly to myself.

"Besides," Adam said. "I think we could have a decent conversation without resorting to going to a crowded place with sweaty people in unattractive clothing."

"Well, so far, you have proven to be interesting," I commented.

"Off to a good start."

"We are."

Adam and i stared at each other for a second. I took a sip of my drink, feeling Adam's eyes studying me intently.

"There's something different about you, Kassie," Adam said.

"And you only just noticed that now?" I said, finishing off my drink.

"I haven't known you that long."

"Point taken."

Our food arrived at that moment to prevent me from saying anything else awkward. The waitress roughly put down my drink and did the same to Adam. She picked up my glass and stormed off without me being able to ask her for another drink. I sighed and fell back in my chair. Another waitress saw my hand held awkwardly held up in the air and came to our table.

She smiled at me and said, "How can I help you?"

"A corona, thanks," I said as I began on my food.

The waitress smiled at us both before from our table. Adam raised an eyebrow at me.

"Someone's getting their drink on tonight," Adam said, picking at his burrito.

"I need it with what I'm going home to," I said.

I completely disregarded my knife and fork, using my hands to eat my burger. Adam studied me curiously as I did so, acting as if he had never seen anything like it before.

"You're really not what I expected," Adam said.

"What did you expect?" I said with a mouthful of food.

I ducked behind my burger in embarrassment and to hopefully prevent Adam from seeing the little bits of food falling out of my mouth.

"I expected one of those typical girls that you can associate with how you look," Adam commented, pointing towards me. "With your heavy eye make-up, styled hair, daughter of a celebrity practically. You just seem so different to what you see here everyday in Hollywood."