Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Interview With Emma Jones

I spent most of the night formulating a letter to the university about why I didn't want to continue with my course. Not deferring, discontinuing. I was up to most of the night with the company of Tommy who was unpacking his wardrobe in to the draws that I provided him with before deciding, once seeing that I still hadn't finished my letter, clean out my wardrobe full of clothes he thought were atrocious. I remember hearing him mutter underneath his breath about the quality of the clothes I possessed. I reminded him I did not care much for my outwardly appearance, only buying what I needed that would last and get me through life.

When I did finish the letter, however, I found him strewn out on the bed, the sheets covering much of his bare chest. I wouldn't really call it bare, though. Much of it was covered in tattoos that I completely admired. I took in the sight before I tried to find something that he hadn't thrown out to wear before I finally resorted to wearing one of his oversized t-shirts and a pair of shorts. I pulled them on before i slid into bed with Tommy.

The moonlight streamed through the window as I rested my head upon his chest, feeling it's warmth and his heart beating. Tommy's hand rested on the skin of the small of my back, slowly stroking as I felt the faint breath of Tommy brush across my hair. As I shifted more onto him. our legs became intwined in each others. I began to drift off into a dreamy haze and as I did so, I heard something I hadn't heard in years, at least from the opposite sex. It presented a problem, though, what I heard.

"I love you"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We were in the middle of recording a piano part on the third track when my mobile rang. I tapped Charlie on the shoulder as I drifted from the soun desk and out into the back yard where I answered the call.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hi, is Kassandra McDonald there?"

"This is she," I said, trying to figure out who the voice belonged to.

"This is Emma Jones from Vogue magazine and I'm ringing to confirm the interview and photo shoot for us this afternoon."

"Am I able to postpone that until tomorrow?" I said hesitantly, thinking of the production of the album.

"We can come to yo for the interview as our journalist writing the story is heading to New York tomorrow but I can postpone the photo shoot until tomorrow at ten am, if that is suitable.

"If you come by my house at six pm, there should be time for the interview," I replied and quickly gave her my address.

"Glad speaking with you, Miss McDonald."

The mobile was reduced to a dial tone as I pulled it from my ear. I pocked the phone and when I turned around, I saw Tommy there and smiled, putting my hands upon my hips. I was getting used to the fact that he was turning up behind things or when I was turning around from a conversation I was just having with someone over the phone. Tommy was curious, that's all. I couldn't blame him, I would be too.

"I have an offer for you," I said.

"What would that be?" Tommy said, studying me.

"I just received a call from Vogue magazine asking to confirm a photo shoot for tomorrow and an interview for this afternoon," I said as Tommy became interested.

"With Adam?" he questioned, his arms crossing over his chest.

"This is a women's magazine, by the way," I said, cocking my head to the side. "And they want to interview me for some reason. I'm assuming it will be for being the producer of Mr. Lambert's new album or something of the rather. Have to see what they ask tonight."

"That's great!" Tommy said excitedly as he gave me a warm hug that made me blush to the bone how proud Tommy was of me.

"For the photo shoot, however," I said as we pulled away and his hands rested upon my hips. "They asked me to appear on the front with someone special."

Tommy gave me a sexy look as he began to kiss my lips smoothly, saying, "Ohh, I wonder who that could be."

I slid my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me, saying, "Congratulations, Mr. Ratliff. You have just won the major prize."

"That just makes me even more excited for tonight," Tommy said as he swooped in for a deep kiss and broke away from me not long after. "I'll be seeing you in bed."

"Don't get your hopes up, love, because nothing exciting will be happening," I said as we walked back to the studio.

"It's always exciting going to bed with you," Tommy said as he buried his nose in the crook of my neck as we walked through the studio doors.

I rejoined Charlie by the sound desk and helped him mix the song that we had just recorded. Before I knew it, people were filtering out of the room as Tommy and I were the only people that we left in the room. He had joined me at my side at that point, watching my fingers moving about the board and my mind thinking quickly. As I finalised the track, I was in Tommy's embrace before I could move away. I clicked for the track to save as he kissed me. He literally couldn't keep his hands off me but it's not like I couldn't either. He sent tingles down my spin every time our skin connected.

"Excuse me?" I heard a familliar voice said as Tommy and I broke apart but his arm still attached to me at the hip. "Kassandra McDonald? I was sent down here by Mr. Lambert."

I smiled at her and extended my hand, saying, "Emma Jones? Hi. Sorry I couldn't be at the door to greet you."

She took my hand, shaking it, and took my lead as I walked towards the couch with Tommy not far behind. Tommy sat close by me, his arm upon the back rest and his leg folded underneath him with his spare hand placed upon my leg. Emma sat across from me, studying Tommy and I as we sat together in an embrace. I smiled at her and she snapped out of her daze, pulling out a tape recorder along with a note pad with some questions upon it.

"Now, let me explain why we have chosen you to headline on the summer issue," Emma said, steadying herself on the couch and pressing record on her tape recorder. "We have chosen you because we want to show the women in the industry who work hard to produce the work in their chosen field. We have interviewed women from Sofia Coppola, Michelle Obama and Hayley Williams." The last one surprised me as much as it should surprise you. "From my sources, you are one of the leading ladies in the music industry that produces albums.

"I was hoping to interview your father as well, but that doesn't seem like a good idea with the events that have happened but that just gave us another reason why the magazine wanted to feature you upon the cover. You have had more life experience than many of the celebrities that I have interviewed, especially within the last few weeks as I might have read over the internet." I rolled my eyes at this as she glanced to Tommy. "And I am glad that your partner was able to join us for this interview, also. Will he be joining you on the cover?"

"Yes, he will be," I said as I noticed a smile spread across her face.

"I am glad that you have decided to join Miss. McDonald," Emma said, making a slight note upon her notepad. "You will work perfectly with what we have planned."

"I am looking forward to it," Tommy said as he squeezed my leg.

"No, if you don't mind answering a few questions as much as you could, that would be great," she said as she looked down at the questions in her lap. "Who is Kassandra McDonald?"

"Kassandra McDonald is self-concious daughter of a well known record producer who just lost her father to jail, her work associate to fatal gun wounds, been taken advantage of, lost her best guy friend to another woman and gained one of the best men she has ever known as her new best friend and partner," I said and almost laughed at Emma's shocked expression. "Would you like me to expand?" Emma nodded. "I was born and raised here in L.A. I lived here in this house for most of my life and requested of my parents to have my own sanctuary away from the house so my father had my room built above this studio.

"It was not long after that my mother, in her weakening condition over the years, finally passed away with my father nowhere in site. The last words she heard was me saying that I loved her. She died of cancer when I was fifteen but I don't really like to think about it. It's in the past now."

I felt Tommy's hand rubbing my arm, more for his own sake rather than mine. I could see tears in Emma's eyes as she looked down, slightly embarrassed and wiped the tears from her eyes. When she looked back up at me, she had composed herself for the next question, asking, "What was your mother's profession?"

"She was a whore," I said as bluntly as I could, shocking both Tommy and Emma. "It's as plain as simple as that. She was a whore, prostitute, whatever you would like to call it. My mother worked at the local gentlemen's club and Dave, my father, was one of her clients. Once he found out that she was pregnant with me, I guess he couldn't bare the shame of not looking after a woman that held his child."

"Kind of like the situation that you find yourself in now?" Emma questioned and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"What makes you say that?" I said. "I was taken advantage of by a man. That does not mean I am a woman that gets around because that would be the last person that I would consider myself as. He has no sympathy for me either, only finding himself proud that he managed to impregnate an innocent girl who now carries his child so his line can continue."

"I'm so sorry if I offended you Miss McDonald," Emma apologised.

"You're forgiven," I said, looking at her expectantly as Tommy took more of a grip on me. "Next question."

"What instruments do you play and when did you start learning how to play them?" Emma asked and the questions rolled on from there.

Don't worry yourself, though. They were questions about the record I was now producing for Adam, what happened with Slash and my father. The million dollar question came right at the end as I would've expected it too. She asked about the relationship between Tommy and I, if there was any chance of us getting married or if we planned to have kids.

"i think it might be too early in our relationship to actually make any comment on if we would get married," I said as I felt Tommy kissing me on the cheek. "As for kids, we will just have to wait and see, won't we?"

I glanced back Tommy as we both laughed and with that, the interview came to a close. I shook Emma's hand as she turned off her recording device and put everything back into her bag. As we escorted her to the door of the studio, she said to me, "Off the record and just between me, you and Tommy, you're with child, aren't you?"

I thinned my lips as thankfully Tommy came into protect me and said, "That is an inappropriate question, Miss Jones. If Kassie were pregnant, she would have told you so."