Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Finding the Light In the Dark

When the ambulance came, Tommy lifted me from the kitchen and carried me through the house with Adam close behind. I didn't bother to try and struggle against him knowing I could barely carry myself as it was. I felt the wetness staining my clothes as a cold sweat going across my forehead. He was pulling me tightly against his chest as if he never wanted to let me go ever again. I could barely do anything due to the fact that I was in tremendous amounts of pain and was thinking of what I had lost. My mind was barely thinking of the conversation I had with the editor of 'Vogue' and personally, I didn't really care. If they wanted to publish something like that of me, at least they weren't lying. It was all the truth, no matter how harsh it was but I was glad that they didn't print Adam's name, though. That was possibly the one thing that they had done right.

As Tommy rushed to the ambulance, on of the men that helped Tommy put me onto the stretcher said, as he glanced between Adam and Tommy, "We can only take one of you gentlemen with us in the ambulance otherwise the other has to find other means of transportation." The man glanced down at Tommy's finger and noticing the wedding ring. "I suggest you find other means, sir, since you are married."

"And just because she isn't wearing a ring and she isn't don't mean we're not getting married," Tommy retorted, looking the man up and down. "I'm going with her. I promised her I would never leave her side." He motioned towards his bloodstained hoodie. "I just carried her bleeding body to the ambulance."

"If you wanted to save your clothing, I would have suggest someone else carried her," the man said, heading towards the ambulance and glanced to Adam. "Do you wish to join us?"

"I am afraid it is not my place," Adam said as he glanced to Tommy. "I might have been the father of the child but his the one that's marrying her." Adam pulled out the ring from his pocket and handed it back to Tommy. "That's the ring I took off her finger because I didn't feel that it was right for you to marry her so soon. We're practically the only family she's got left."

Tommy stared at the ring and slowly took it, running it through his fingers. He looked up to the man in the ambulance who's lips thinned and motioned for Tommy to get into the ambulance. Tommy quickly hoisted himself into the back of the truck and extended his arm to Adam before the door closed and shook it. Adam motioned to Tommy that they need to talk when they were alone. Although I would not be there for the conversation, I hoped that I would be told of its results. I didn't want their fighting to continue, I just wanted everything to be normal again but with Tommy and Adam apart of it. I took hold of Tommy's hands as the man and the woman that appeared beside me began to look after me. I smiled weakly at Tommy who kissed upon the forehead.

"Adam finally gave you back the ring," I said weakly. "And I'm proud of you, Tommy. You don't know how proud I am of how much you want to defend me."

"I have burning desire to be your husband, Kassandra McDonald," Tommy said, kissing every one of my healing fingers. "I don't know how I could not be with you."

The woman that was next to Tommy glanced to my face and studied it a moment before saying, "You're Kassandra McDonald?"

When Tommy realised that I could barely say anymore, he said, "She is. Why do you ask?"

"The same Kassandra McDonald that was on the most recent cover of Vogue?" she questioned as she started at her work once more. "You're such a strong woman to get through what you have experienced and what you're experiencing right now. I also have to apologise for my co-worker, here. Such a doofus for thinking that you, Tommy Joe Ratliff out of all people was getting married to someone like Miss Kassandra, here."

"I don't know what you mean," Tommy said, totally and utterly confused.

"Why would someone like her want to marry you?" she said as the ambulance slowed down. "But then again, you both looked divine on the cover. I have to say, though. You looked amazing with Adam. It was a good choice for 'Rolling Stone' to make."

I could see Tommy's face tense as the two people lifted the stretcher out of the back of the ambulance and Tommy following close behind. We were rushed into the emergency ward where I was then transporting into an operating theatre. They tried to get Tommy to go but he put up a pretty big from from the position I was in. There were nurses running around everywhere and a doctor rushing in the last minute. Tommy managed to push past the paramedics at the door and go to my side. The doctor gave Tommy a strange look as he moved to my lower half of my body, helping the nurses remove my pants. Tommy gave me a passionate kiss before he was pulled off by the paramedics and out of the room. It wasn't long before I felt hands upon my skin, removing thugs that I didn't want to even describe. After that, though, I passed out and didn't remember a thing more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the time that I had woken up, I was feeling groggy and sick. Before I could control myself, I leaned over one side of the bed and threw up. I didn't hear the sound of it falling to the floor but into a bucket. I felt someone pushing back my hair as I threw up the contents of my stomach. Coughing up the last bits, I groaned and lay down back on the bed, lazily look around the room. I managed to rest my head on the side, catching sight of Tommy on the seat beside me with the bucket. He was pushing back the stickiness of my hair off my face with a weak smile upon his face. My hand instantly went to my stomach and noticed it's flatness. Tears went to my eyes as my eyes focussed upon Tommy's face. He gave me a sympathic look, his tears already red from crying previously. He set down the bucket and shifted onto the bed alongside me. I moved on the bed to make room for him, a my head into his chest and letting all my tears out.

I was sobbing, practically wailing, the hardest that I had since my mother had died and that was a long time ago. Tommy respected my tears and just held me without a word, his hands rubbing my back. Kissing the top of my head, I looked up to him and wondered what I looked like to him, how my hair must be at all different angles, a horrid expression upon my face with tears streaming down my cheeks. It wasn't one of those pretty movie cries, this was the real shit. My lips were puffy and my eyes were red. I sniffed often and loudly, unable to control the sorrow in my heart. His hands held my cheeks and drew me in for a long deep kiss. It was the only sweetness that I found in the situation and I could feel my heart healing a little. We pulled apart from each other and I looked into his red rimmed, bloodshot eyes.

"I love you, I love you so much," I said. "I just want to do something for you instead of you doing something for me."

"Just stay in my arms," he said as he kissed me on the forehead. "And I will accept that as you doing something for me. Whenever I have you in my arms, it is the greatest gift I could ever get from anyone." I smiled weakly and rested my head upon his chest, feeling the rise and fall of his chest. "But you seriously don't know how much of my heart lost when I looked through the windows of the emergency room and saw that you had flatlined."

"The last thing that I remembered was you kissing me," I said, glad that I had survived and not left him in this world completely alone. "That was the best present you could have given me if I did pass on but I am glad that I didn't. I am glad that I can still lie here in bed with you."

"Even if it is at a hospital," Tommy said, his hands rubbing my shoulder softly. "And I'm glad that I didn't loose you both."

I felt my heart dropping even though I knew that I had lost the child that I bore and tears threatening my eyes as I said, "I'm glad that it wasn't the thing that was keeping us together although I feared that it might've been the only thing keeping Adam and I together."

"He came to visit you earlier with flowers but it was outside visiting hours and his not family," Tommy said as the flowers on the bench beside the table came to my attention. "No matter how much I fought for Adam to actually come and see you."

"And you got in because you are my fiance," I said, finding the ring that Adam had given back to Tommy upon my finger. "It's just a good thing that you are here rather than waking up to no one but strange doctors and nurses."

"We did have a conversation about how the album should be put off for a while with everything that is going on," Tommy said. "He also managed to get Camilla back on board, but she isn't a happy one. She agreed to come back as long as Charlie wasn't there. She could handle seeing you but not Charlie."

"Fair enough, though," I said, fingering Tommy's shirt. "I'm happy to see that you and Adam are working on your relationship."

"But I have one more thing to say to you before I let you rest that the doctors asked me to tell you," Tommy said, catching my attention. "Although they may not have been able to save the baby that was already growing inside of you, they somehow found it's twin in your stomach as well as another embryo from a different 'father'."

I stiffened at this and looked to Tommy with a questioning gaze, asking, "What the hell are you talking about? How is that even possible! I just had a miscarriage!"

"It's like a work of God or something," Tommy said. "I don't even know how it is but the child you miscarried was bound to pass because of all the nutrients that were going to the other too children within you. We were going to have triplets, Kassie, but one of the three didn't survive and caused you to have a miscarriage. In the darkness, we have found some light."