Status: to all my readers and subscribers. you are all so amazing. i love you all. if i could hug everyone of you i would. i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i am writing it:)

Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)

Together For Never

My 'plans' for that night didn't really turn out as I had hoped. Tommy carried me up the stairs as I lay half asleep in his arms, muttering to myself as I buried my head into his chest. He carried me into the bedroom that we would be sharing, resting me down on the bed and burring me underneath the blankets. Tommy knelt down beside the bed and slowly pushed my hair off my face, my breathing calm and my eyes closing. I wasn't fully asleep when he moved away from me and I heard the door door squeaking open. I was guessing it was Anthony since he was the only other person that was in the house apart from Tommy and I since Mary had left. I heard him shifting at the door as Tommy moved from beside me and leant against the bed near me.

"Is she a sleep?" I heard Anthony mutter quietly.

"If she managed to remain asleep while I carried her up the stairs and if we speak quietly, we should be okay," Tommy said from beside me in a soft whisper. "What is so important that you have to speak to me about that can't wait until morning?"

"There is something different about this girl," Anthony said, maintaining his quietness.

"I know, I know," Tommy said, matching Anthony's quiet muttering. "That's why I almost couldn't keep myself away from her."

"And Adam allowed you to do something like that? He allowed you to have Kassandra?" Anthony said, quite surprised.

"There was no way that he could ever have," Tommy said. "Besides, he could see that I was growing to her like her more and more as each day passed, as each minute passed."

"I can see a light within her that I cannot explain," Anthony said, hearing the squeaks of the floor as he moved back to the door. "She's a keeper, Tommy Joe. I am glad you have good taste in women unlike your father."

I heard Tommy laughing softly as he said, "You'll have another chance, don't worry."

"At my age, I doubt it," Anthony said as he left the room, the door shutting behind him.

"Then I hope I stay with Kassie forever."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning when I awoke, I felt Tommy's arms wrapped around me with his hand in the crook of my neck. Our legs were intwined and the soft breeze of his breathing grazing my neck. His arms were tied around underneath my own and I took his hands, kissing his knuckles. I slid out of bed without a sound, making sure that I didn't wake Tommy as I did so, and walked ever so silently down the stairs. I was going to start making breakfast when I remembered the clothes that Mary had thrown out the window the night before. I walked through the dining room and into the kitchen where I found Mary leaning against the sink with a cup of tea in her hands. It didn't look like she had been there long because the tea was still steaming heavily. I stopped in the middle of the room and glared at her as she looked at me over the top of her cup.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to keep my voice monotone.

"Why do you think I'm here?" she replied, taking a sip of her tea. "I'm here to get my husband back."

"After what I saw yesterday, I don't think that's possible," I said. "I didn't know some people could be so harsh."

"Clearly you haven't' searched hard enough," Mary said as Anthony walked into the room and jumped when he saw me.

He was about to leave when I called out to him to turn around and he slowly turned back to me as I said to him, "What you said last night when you came to talk to Tommy, you were being serious."

"Why wouldn't I be?" he said, pain in his voice. "How could I have another chance with anyone else if I leave Mary? It will be the end of me."

"How can you be so weak?!" I practically screamed at him as he ducked his head, ashamed. "You seemed so strong yesterday, reminding me of the strength that Tommy must've gotten from you. This woman, snake even, is bringing you down and preventing you from living your full potential."

"What potential?" Anthony shouted back. "I have lived a good life, even under the suppression of this so called 'snake. I don't see a life without you."

I had to hold myself back with so much strength that I didn't even know I possessed. I wanted to slap the both of them so bad but I knew that it wasn't the best decision to make. I let my self fume for a few more seconds before I moved from the kitchen and stormed out into the backyard. Going to pick up all the clothes that had been thrown out the previous night, I walked back into the house with the first pile and completely ignoring the death stare that mary was giving me and the ashamed glances Anthony gave me. I had to walk around the house for a few minutes before I found the laundry and a quicker exit to the backyard so I didn't have to go through the kitchen again. In a matter of minutes, I had all the clothes into the laundry and began separating them so that they could go into the wash and be cleaned of the mud that stained them.

I had never really done them and went off by what I read in books or saw in movies and television shows. It kept my hands busy and my mind away from the people in the other room that I relented. Anthony seemed like such a strong and stable man with the ability to make decisions for himself with the right guidance. When he went back to Mary, not even more than a day after he declared himself separated from her, I had lost quite a bit of faith in him. I groaned as I put all the dark colours into the washer and waited a few moments as it began to start. I heard a creaking at the door and looked over to see Anthony there. He was the last person that I wanted to see at that moment. I hated how he could be so fickle and just got back to Mary like that. I looked away from him and focussed my eyes upon the washing machine.

"I'm sorry about what happened before," he said, trying to sound apologetic. "I just had a moment of weakness, that's all."

"A moment of weakness that could have cost you the rest of your life," I said, not taking my eyes off the washing machine. "It was a stupid decision you made."

"What if I told you that I had separated myself from her once again?" he said, trying to get me back on his side.

"What will stop you from making the same mistake again?" I said, finally looking up from the washing machine to glare at him. "What will stop you from having more moments of weakness?"

"Will you just stop being so harsh for a moment and just listen to what I have to say?" he said, trying to get my attention to listen to him.

"You have nothing more to say to me, Anthony Ratliff," I said, glaring him out of the room. "Your actions have showed me what you truly want with your life."

"Then why are you cleaning my clothes as if I am going with you?" he retorted, making me glance back to the washing machine and taking all the clothes out that I had put in.

"Because I want to keep my mind off things while Tommy still sleeps," I said, pushing all of those clothes into the dryer and putting all the colours into the washing machine. "It's the only remotely sane thing that I can do right now that won't make me go crazy."

"I'll speak to you when your mind is open once more," Anthony said as he left the laundry.

I gripped the edges of the washing machine, feeling it rumble underneath me and making me shake along with it. I took a deep breath when I felt myself being ripped from the machine and harshly pushed against the wall. Mary stood in front of me, holding me up against the wall and her eyes boring into me. Her chest was heaving dramatically as her face was contorted in anger, spit flying from her lips and her eyes as scary as hell itself. In that moment, I didn't care about anything else but protecting the babies. I had already lost one and I didn't want to loose the twins. I struggled against her with all my might and pushed her away from me. She fell backwards and stumbled into the benches by the washing machine. I attempted to leave the room, running, but she grabbed me by one of my legs and lifted me up into the air so I crashed into the ground.

I tried to stop the harshness of the fall by throwing my hands out in front of me so that I went chest first down into the ground. Mary still was grabbing onto my leg and began pulling me backwards into the laundry. I struck out with my other foot to her face, out of instinct and not intentionally, and hit her across the eye. She screamed out in pain as she dropped my foot and her hands went to her eye as I pulled out of the laundry. I managed to get halfway down the hallway to the stairs when she caught up with me and jumped upon me. I went crashing back into the ground, throwing my arms out in front of me to help prevent the harshness of the fall. She pulled at my hair and I tried not to give her the satisfaction of hearing me scream in pain. I pushed up from the ground and managed to get her to stumble slightly off my back.

When I managed to stand with Mary stilled attached to my back, I rammed her into the wall of the hallway. After a few goes, I managed to throw her off and continue my way to the stairs where I rushed up to them. I threw myself through the door of Tommy's room where I saw him slowly getting out of the bed and rubbing his eyes. Upon seeing me, he instantly awoke and moved to me, his hands going to my features that were bruised and bleeding slightly at certain points. Tommy stiffened, obviously seeing his mother coming from behind but he was too late in bringing me out of her reached and I was struck over the back of the head, knocked out. My world was now in darkness and I remembered no more.