Forgive

Forgive

Image

A girl stopped in her tracks and entered a cafe.

She sighed as she sat down and ran a hand through her hair.

She braced herself for the tears she'd been keeping inside, threatening to fall.
They were at a park, facing each other.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I know that I can never be enough for you. I know my words are simple and shallow but I mean everything I say. What happened to us? We were so happy together. Please tell me." The girl begged.

"It's over. Didn't I tell you that? Besides, you're. . .stoic? Or emotionless? Your friend is even hotter than you." he sighed.

She looked at him, surprised "My friend?" she stuttered.

But before he got to answer, the girl came up to him and punched his face.

"That's what you get for cheating, you bastard."

No matter how many times she was told by him that he loved her.

It was all fake.

She slowly walked to the bus stop and almost tripped when she was going inside the bus.

She sat down in one of the chairs and looked outside, not noticing the old lady that sat beside her.

"Don't worry, dear. You're beautiful just the way you are. That man of yours was dumb enough to let you go."

The girl looked at the smiling old lady and she noticed her tattooed arm.

She hugged the old lady and thanked her before she got off the bus.

That old lady, a holocaust survivor, gave her hope to continue onward.
She stopped in a playground and sat on one of the swings.

The swing creaked as she slowly moved.

A kid of 4 or 5 came up to her and hugged her.

"My mommy said if you get sad, you'll get older." The kid tucked a flower behind her ear and left.

And that child innocence gave her hope.
Now, there she was, trying to hold back the tears she had been holding for so long.

Then, the chair in front of her creaked.

She tried to hide her face in her hands but the person stopped her and clasped his around hers.

"It's alright to cry. There are times where we are vulnerable for a minute."

The girl's eye narrowed and she let the tears come out of her.

The guy smiled and left a cookie and a table napkin with his number on it.

She looked outside to see a girl, not younger than her, holding a sign that said 'Tired of prostitution. Please help me. Spare some change'

She looked back at her food and again to the girl.

She got her things including the food and the napkin and went to the girl.

She smiled as she gave the cookies to her.

She took out her pen and erased 'change' in her sign. Now it said, 'Tired of prostitution. Please help me. Spare some change hope'

She smiled as she looked up in the sky.

There was nothing she could do except to forgive and forget him.

There's a lot of people who need her help and love more than him

And sometimes, the easiest you can do is to forgive and forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bittersweet_Love's contest Check it out ^^